What's new

Fire Snyder!!!

I've no real data to back this up, but I suspect tonight's rotations may have been Danny Ainge seeing what some guys can do (House specifically). If the Jazz have already decided to keep Eric Pascall, then you might as well let Joe Ingles try and have a good game. (It didn't work, but.. sure).

I've no real data to back this up, but I suspect tonight's rotations may have been Danny Ainge seeing what some guys can do (House specifically). If the Jazz have already decided to keep Eric Pascall, then you might as well let Joe Ingles try and have a good game. (It didn't work, but.. sure).
I think the house part is definitely them taking a look. He’s worth a roster spot so not sure it should be driving decisions. Paschall should be playing over Doke though. Wasn’t like Houston’s second unit is huge. Doke plus Forrest = drives to nowhere and three second calls. EP is an energy guy and this team is lifeless. It’s not hard to think maybe… just maybe he should get some time.

I’m ready to sign off on this move. Go get Stotts or Vogel when he’s canned. Or turn it over to Jensen I guess… I think we just need a new voice that the guys are unfamiliar with. Quin should probably empty all the motivational bullets in his chamber because he’s not gonna be holding the gun much longer.

Speaking of powder being dry… how the hell does analytics boy not challenge the foul on the three pointer from Mathews… was a potential 3 point swing and pretty sure it’s a point of emphasis. @infection couldn’t have been happy.

a few games ago we sat rudy, dm, conley, joe, jc, gay and played our reserves and they were flying on defense. paschal had a very good game after lots of DNP. although we lost it was an eye opener. we have guys who can play d and we look athletic. why these guys are not incorporated is something we need to address. I feel whatever trade we do unless quin evolve, it's useless.

Speaking of powder being dry… how the hell does analytics boy not challenge the foul on the three pointer from Mathews… was a potential 3 point swing and pretty sure it’s a point of emphasis. @infection couldn’t have been happy.
Nah you gotta be wise with those. We ended up not needing the challenge down the stretch, but what if there was a really crucial game-deciding call that we needed to use it on but we didn’t have it because we challenged a three earlier in the game? Then what? Better to have it and not use it than to need it and not have it. And they’re not entirely wasted because all the unused challenges get donated to Habitat for Humanity.

a few games ago we sat rudy, dm, conley, joe, jc, gay and played our reserves and they were flying on defense. paschal had a very good game after lots of DNP. although we lost it was an eye opener. we have guys who can play d and we look athletic. why these guys are not incorporated is something we need to address. I feel whatever trade we do unless quin evolve, it's useless.
Quin evolve? There is only one constant in the Universe - QUIN WILL NEVER CHANGE!

What is truly amazing to me is that we have two kryptonites… if you can play 5 out semi-credibly our defense goes to ****… this is not new… this is becoming more prevalent. If you can also switch our offense can still be solid but not always nuclear like it needs to be. This is not new and becoming more prevalent… we aren’t to the amazing part…

EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW THIS… NOT ONLY HAVE WE NOT ADJUSTED… WE HAVE ALSO REFUSED TO FIND OPTIONS WHERE WE COULD DO THESE THINGS CREDIBLY TO OTHER TEAMS.

This is bad… we are likely to continue putting our head in the sand… if we weren’t out two future picks I’d advocate to do a hard pivot away from Quin and one of Rudy or Donovan. Since we would be giving away our picks anyway we may as well ride this **** show you to Diarrhea Town!!! Hold yo noses and stay out the splash zone!!!

Hopefully Ryan and the Jazz are smart enough not to let Mitchell pick the next head coach...
Hopefully we build around Donovan because he gives us our best chance to win a title.

You guys all know it. Or you should. We built a defensive team around Rudy and we relied on Donovan to be a magician. We built an offensive team around Rudy and we relied on Donovan to be a magician.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan is not going to want to stay through a rebuild. He'll force his way out, and with good reason.

Last edited:
This fits better here than in the game thread...

A couple of guys at the construction site come to see the boss.

"Boss, we have this beam, we can't get it in place. Not sure what to do."

The boss thinks for a second. "Ok guys, you won't believe this, but if you smack your head against the beam, it'll go right into place. Sounds weird but trust me, it will work."

The guys are skeptical, but hey, he's the boss. So they go and smack their head against the beam. They hit it hard, then harder. They get kind of dizzy. Finally they look at each other and go to see the boss.

"Boss, we hit our head against the beam. Hard. And a lot. I even got dizzy. The beam didn't move at all. What do we do?"

"Hmm," the boss says, rubbing his chin, looking off into the distance, deep in thought. "Here's what you need you do," he finally says.

"Go hit it harder."

This fits better here than in the game thread...

A couple of guys at the construction site come to see the boss.

"Boss, we have this beam, we can't get it in place. Not sure what to do."

The boss thinks for a second. "Ok guys, you won't believe this, but if you smack your head against the beam, it'll go right into place. Sounds weird but trust me, it will work."

The guys are skeptical, but hey, he's the boss. So they go and smack their head against the beam. They hit it hard, then harder. They get kind of dizzy. Finally they look at each other and go to see the boss.

"Boss, we hit our head against the beam. Hard. And a lot. I even got dizzy. The beam didn't move at all. What do we do?"

"Hmm," the boss says, rubbing his chin, looking off into the distance, deep in thought. "Here's what you need you do," he finally says.

"Go hit it harder."
Is the beam Spida playing the point..? It never seems to get into place.