What's new

Fire Snyder!!!

For what it is worth... Tony Jones put everything on the players today... said Quin is as safe as safe can be. Says he has great relationships with owner and management and they won't get a better coach... so yeah... Firing Quin ain't even part of the thought process at this point is my guess.

The interview is on 700 espn... he really ripped the players more than he normally would... kinda surprising coming from him.

For what it is worth... Tony Jones put everything on the players today... said Quin is as safe as safe can be. Says he has great relationships with owner and management and they won't get a better coach... so yeah... Firing Quin ain't even part of the thought process at this point is my guess.

The interview is on 700 espn... he really ripped the players more than he normally would... kinda surprising coming from him.
You do have guys playing for the Stars that would at least play hard. I can't imagine Sloan putting up with this.

So if Quin is never ever getting fired then there has to be a trade or trades coming :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We’re always a step behind. It was good that DL left but only after he wasted a prime playoff outing by doing nothing to improve on the margins (I know plenty of “lolz that does nothing when they play so little” folks will take offense to that, so just say that I already know your beef). But getting rid of DL also creates a blindspot on Quin’s hand in the debacles of the past two years. Now that those problems are repeating, we turn our attention to the players and I think the blame pie is 25% players and then DL and Quin split the rest. 25% doesn’t sound like it does the players justice and they certainly are a huge issue, but to me it’s kind of like who you blame when a kid who’s abused acts our behaviorally. The kid needs to learn some regulation but it’s ultimately someone else who got the ball rolling, even if you can compartmentalization them into two separate issues. Right now it seems the blame pie the fan base/media is ascibing is 15% Quin and 85% players, when Quin occupied a way, way larger portion of that, but it’s obviously easier as reporters to dig in to players because they hold relatively so much less power in all these dynamics. Oftentimes the coach is an extension of the institutional organization, so it wouldn’t surprise me if/when the media (and as a result the fan base) points that spotlight on the players, even when Quin’s responsibility in this far exceeds the players. There’s just little accountability and we instead blame the lowest rungs on the ladder while the people who have ****ed it up most are relatively insulated.

Lmao so Quin gets a free pass? He is never held accountable...

Good interview. He was very critical of Rudy for bringing Devin Bookers name up when talking about our defensive struggles, basically said it's hard not to perceive that as a shot at Donovan.

Good interview. He was very critical of Rudy for bringing Devin Bookers name up when talking about our defensive struggles, basically said it's hard not to perceive that as a shot at Donovan.
Oh it for sure was. No one wants to blame Rudy and more people want to label Donovan as a diva but this just isn't how you do it. People applauded him because it was true... it can be true... it doesn't need to be thrown out to the media.

On brand for this team. Call people out in public.

On a scale of 1-10 how bad is it that Quin didn't stick with House tonight?

Really don't understand the coaching process
Quin has maybe 8 asst coaches
Don't they get together daily and discuss team performance
Don't they all give input on how to get better
If JFC can see the obvious flaws and changes that need to be made how come Quin and coaches can't
What are they doing all year round?

When is the last time he pleasantly surprised? I used to be in awe and could see him patiently instilling his plan in his first years. Then it finally was clicking and beautiful. It's like somehow he is out of ideas now.
Or he was only good with a young rebuilding team