What's new

Fixing Donovan

ten_lepers_christ_healed_tissot.jpeg

Lopo, loggrad, yamers, and other similiar posters after I bless their threads with knowledge and enlightenment

You are a good troll I give you that. Hijacking the thread when you have no argument to make other than insults.

His finishing at the rim is his biggest issue imo.
Was nice to see that one foot dunk a few games ago though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'll add to this thread by answering a question i saw some time ago, when we were already winning multiple game by a lot of points, but before Mike injury, if there was redundance between him and Mitchell, and why shouldn't we put the ball more on Donovan hands.

Well, there has been a month where we played half our schedule without Conley and the main thing we could take from that, is that our 3pt shot regressed some, and so our winning margin. Turns out spacing and shot creation matters. Rest my case.

What i want Mitchell to pick apart from his game and throw into the first trash bin he finds are the lame long midrange he's too easily invited/led to take by opposing defenses.

I'd very much rather he forcing pull ups 3 coming of a Gobert/Favors screen or an iso 3 off the dribble. Could imagine he getting more to the line on those than on those pitiful long midranges, and at least when they fall, it's 3 points

10-lepers-ten.jpeg

Me every time I post in a loggrad thread
Cy with a Jesus complex. One more reason why Cy is the #1 poster in jazzfanz. Think he should be awarded poster immunity. I’d love to see what he comes up with, with free reign. Lol
I am not saying he hasn't improved at all, he is better in some aspects, his numbers overall are marginally above his career numbers, 24.5 ppg vs 24 last year kind of thing. I just think to really make a deep run we will need the Mitchell that went off in the bubble last year.
So you want him to be the best player in the history of the game. His bubble level can’t be sustained by anyone. Lol

I don’t think there are any major flaws to fix here unless you want Mitchell to be less aggressive on offense, an IMO that would be a mistake. Personally I wish he was even more aggressive at times. I have no problem with some of his shot selection, right now I see him as Allen Iverson lite. Wish he was as aggressive as the great AI.

I agree that the averages will take care of themselves and that over a season there are multiple ups and downs. I also concur that Donovan has to play better than he has of late for us to be a good playoff team. If he has a stretch like the last number of games against a good playoff team we are in trouble.

This is definitely the point in the season where teams are throwing different coverages at the Jazz too. Really trying to break the 3pt barrage, and Donovan shoots more off the bounce than most the others on the roster, which is usually the first domino to drop in % if your name isn't Steph or Dame.