What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I swear the people who want Korkmaz in the 1st would end up being thrilled with Patrick McCaw in the 2nd.. Check these shots out, this dude has ice running thru his veins (and many other great qualities).. I definitely think he's got 1st round talent.. He's a silent assassin type!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGYMuHzkVg ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du0wiPA7IR4 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyCVtyQP14...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBvQP-9SfI

You're right, I love Kork but I've been interested in McCaw as well. I was shocked to see he was projected in the 2nd round.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Big time fan of McCaw.. He's probably got better hands for getting steals than Hayward or anyone else on the roster.. Really has an excellent awareness on the court..

If they were to somehow land him in the 2nd (the picks are out of range..) I'd make a thread about how he should make the roster..

McCaw can do what they asked of Ingles.. he can shoot pass and he's even better than Joe at jumping passing lanes..
My comp for McCaw is Will Barton. Thoughts?

Have you ever actually seen him play? He is actually quite athletic great size for a 2 His 3pt shooting is actually more like 47%. You apparently dont realize that they play in multiple leagues in Europe. You are only looking at his Euroleague stats not his Turkish league stats. As was stated he is about the youngest guy who is going to be in the draft. Not saying I am dead set on wanting him but clearly he is a guy you have to look at seriously. As Ford notes in his mock draft (which has us taking him) we do not really need our pick to contribute next season. We have plenty of young guys already and of course will be able to pick up some free agents.
I <3 you, NC Jazz.

Jamal Murray would be the ideal trade up target, no one in this draft could add real firepower to the offense next season quite like Murray..

He's a CJ McCollum/Gilbert Arenas style combo guard, who's also been compared to Brandon Roy, and would fit seamlessly next to Exum at SG and Hood/Burks at PG. He's dangerous with and without the ball. Quick release shooter.

Shot a blistering 41% from 3 on 7.7 attempts as a Freshman, and closed out the season with #'s even stronger then that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB0vHLKuh6k

He's also the closest player you'll find to Steph Curry in this draft..

He's my dream pick in this draft.

Hield has a 6'8.5" wingspan. That's almost an inch longer than Hayward's who plays the 3. If you watch him, he also plays big for his size. In short, I have no concerns about his size, and athleticism isn't the be all, end all. Steph Curry is a good example of why that's true.

If Hield is around still, or we can move up minimally to get him, I want him. Seriously, I know it's college, and if I'm being honest, maybe I'm not being objective here, but I know we really need a killer shooter, a guy who can play the game and here are Hield's numbers.

45.7% on three on 8.7 attempts per game
88.0% from the line
55.2% from 2
5.7 rebounds
2.0 assists
1.0 steals

I worry that his personality won't quit fit in here and that he'll be a me first guy, but **** it, we could maybe use some of that.

Lets say the jazz some how get hield. What would be your rotation. Do you play hiels and burks together off the bench? Do you move hood to the bench?

I'm starting to really like Korkmaz. His quick-release jumper is sweet, and his handling, passing and timing with the ball remind me of Jeff Hornacek. Elite shooter and potentially elite ball mover. This is exactly what the Jazz need in the backcourt. He also has quick feet, which should help on defense. I think he could possibly play some spot minutes at PG. I could picture him going lottery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvW-aH0q5uM

A 6'7" Jeff Hornacek would be a great addition to this team, especially off the bench.

He's also really young.

#teamkork

I'm concerned the T'wolves will get him, and it's all uphill for the Jazz from here.

I'd be more concerned if the T'Wolves get Ingram. Murray would be a good pick for them, but as far as the top guys go, I think he is the worst fit for the Wolves. Imagine if they get Bender. Bender and KAT? Jesus Christ. Really any pick they get is going to be a potentially great pick-up, just Murray is the one I fear least.

Wiggins and Murray with KAT down low is tough guard as well. Yikes.

Murray and LaVine play the same position, which the main reason I think he isn't a great fit with Minnesota (I know they can both play point, but I don't see them as being a great fit starting alongside each other). I think Dunn would be a better fit IMO as he would give them the higher tier PG skills combined with a player who can score.

Murray/LaVine/Wiggins/KAT is certainly an interesting and potentially deadly offensive group, but just seems like too many cooks in the kitchen in terms of shot attempts needed. Rubio is just so trash on the scoring end I feel they need to upgrade and Dunn would be a great potential successor. I guess they could wait and get a PG next year though when the pool is (looking to be) deeper.

I'm not sure. I think Luwawu is a straight-line driver and spot-up shooter. Yes, I think he can defend, and I think he'll be a decent player, but I don't think he gives the Jazz a new dimension. Korkmaz gives the Jazz pretty elite shooting and passing, plus the ability to switch defensively, since he's 6'7". Pretty ideal if you ask me.
Here's my thing, imagine that you have coming off bench, Kork, Hood (I'm imagining that DL is going to get a vet for QS who will end up starting) and Lyles.

That's a fun shooting/passing line up. The defense would suffer in a big way but maybe those three will just outscore people.

I'm reading about how bad Kork's defense is. Wasn't that the knock on Dante too?

I'm not trying to compare at all, I'm simply pointing out that Quin has helped every player become better in one way or another (except Burke and Burks).

I'm reading about how bad Kork's defense is. Wasn't that the knock on Dante too?

I'm not trying to compare at all, I'm simply pointing out that Quin has helped every player become better in one way or another (except Burke and Burks).

It is not fair to put burks there. In QS 2 seasons he has been injured both so we are not sure what he has developed.

Korkmaz's game reminds me a little of CJ McCollum's. Crafty pull up shooter.
And what Jazz fan right now would LOVE to have McCollum on this team right now?

Kork is also much younger than what CJ was when he entered the draft.

Well, I was always a huge fan of the Barton bro's, especially Will, I thought he was worthy of being picked in the first..

I would say that McCaw is my pick to be the Will Barton of this draft, but that's more about him being a perceived 2nd round pick, than his skillset.

Will is 2 notches more explosive, he can get Orebs and really dunk on defenders.. McCaw is much more finesse, He's got some combo skills while Will is a pure swingman. he's got range on that 1-footed floaterm he's a much better passer and plays with much more BBIQ, he's also a high effort player, but obviously Barton always plays with incredible effort..

Barton was atop-10, 5-star recruit that everyone in the Nation wanted.. Patrick McCaw, despite playing for Montrose Christian (Durant, Terrence Ross, Greivis Vasquez, Linas Kleiza, Justin Anderson) was woefully underrated at 3-stars (in part to a late growth spurt apparently)

If McCaw was athletic like Will Barton they'd compare him to another guard from St. Louis, Larry Hughes..

I think his NBA career could end up going something like Danny Green's.. he's just got prime roleplayer written all over him IMO..
I'd be happy with that in the early 2nd or even late 1st.

Bender's who I think the Wolves want, he and Towns would put on a clinic vs slowfooted bigs.. Philly obviously wants Jamal Murray

Minny could be so good. No wonder Thibedo and Jef Van Gundy were both angling for it.

Not really an appropriate comparison IMO.. Disrespectful to McCollums handle.
True. McCollum's handle is better than anyone the Jazz currently have.

On the flip side Kork is younger and longer. Also, I don't think you draft Kork (or even Luwawu) thinking he'll be a starter. He'd be coming off the bench.