What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I mean if Buddy Hield couldn't shoot would you want him?

If Dragan Bender was 6'9" no one would want him

If Kris Dunn wasn't so long he's really just a crappy PG who can't shoot

If Jaylen Brown wasn't an elite athlete then he's really just a wing who can't shoot...

Kevin Pelton's top 30 draft prospects:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

If you want to know what he had to say about a specific player just ask.

Enes refused to work out at first right? It sure is not promising news, but never say never.

I am trying to stay positive but this situation is different. Enes wanted to avoid Utah but Furkan has no reason to do this. He will workout for teams in the 14-16 range. Why should he refuse to do this for the 12. pick which would mean more salary because of his buyout situation (2 million).

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

Baldwin
Bender
McCaw

I am trying to stay positive but this situation is different. Enes wanted to avoid Utah but Furkan has no reason to do this. He will workout for teams in the 14-16 range. Why should he refuse to do this for the 12. pick which would mean more salary because of his buyout situation (2 million).
I would love him. This would be a good place for him to develop defensive side of his game. O is already there.

Baldwin
Bender
McCaw

2. Dragan Bender

Consensus: 3.4 WARP

As previewed in my discussion of Bender's potential with Ford, the Croatian forward by way of Israeli power Maccabi Tel Aviv projects as the second-best prospect in the draft, ahead of consensus top-two pick Brandon Ingram.

Bender's projection considers strictly his performance for Maccabi and does not include his impressive 2014 FIBA Europe U-18 play, which earned one of the highest scores ever for a young international player from draft analyst Layne Vashro.

11. Wade Baldwin

Consensus: 1.7 WARP

Before he was in the first round of mock drafts, Baldwin's performance as a freshman in 2014-15 pegged him as a sleeper. His combination of playmaking and shooting ability is relatively rare.

Among sophomores in my college database, the only previous player with a projected assist rate better than seven per 100 plays and projected 3-point shooting better than 35 percent was Chris Paul.

19. Patrick McCaw

Consensus: 1.5 WARP

The top-rated 3-and-D wing in this year's draft by my projections, McCaw is a prolific thief who brings unusual ballhandling skill for a role player on the wing. He isn't yet a consistent 3-point threat, but he could probably survive without major improvement there, along the lines of players such as Corey Brewer and Iman Shumpert.

JUAN HERNANGOMEZ might be the perfect fit on this team.

Might be right. I need to learn more, and I worry if his defense will be the good-tweener defense rather than the bad-tweener defense, but I'm intrigued with what little I know so far.

I mean if Buddy Hield couldn't shoot would you want him?

If Dragan Bender was 6'9" no one would want him

If Kris Dunn wasn't so long he's really just a crappy PG who can't shoot

If Jaylen Brown wasn't an elite athlete then he's really just a wing who can't shoot...

Would my game be as good if I didn't make all the bitches wet?

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

Surprised Beasley is so low...

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

Hernangomez, thanks.

Very interesting interview with Walt Perrin about the workouts season:
https://1280thezone.com/index.php/s...walt_perrin_utah_jazz_vp_of_player_personnel2

Highlights:
-he's tired, might get to 100 players worked out second consecutive year
-the individual workouts are not high on the priority list for prospect evaluation. The more important thing is to get them on the floor and let the coaching staff see them and to talk to them and get to know them as people
-we already have dozens and dozens of their games, going to high school with some of them.
-performance and athletic testing
-Rudy Gobert-like workout - "not really, but there is 1 player who is intriguing because of his skillset because he surprised us a little and threw us for a loop"... "and the interview - he's an outstanding young man"(Maker????).
-about the interviews - mostly to confirm what they already know, they already have intel on most high-level prospects, sometimes they test them(already know the answers, but ask them to see if they'd be truthful with our staff)
-a lot of the work is done before we get them in for a workout
-we do a bit of social media intel and will be doing even more in the future
-Deyonta Davis - talented kid, showed some stuff(shooting) that he wasn't allowed to do in Mich State. has a floater and a nice hook shot, has good offensive skillset and his defense is probably the best part of his game. Intriguing player. Might have good upside.

Very interesting interview with Walt Perrin about the workouts season:
https://1280thezone.com/index.php/s...walt_perrin_utah_jazz_vp_of_player_personnel2

Highlights:
-he's tired, might get to 100 players worked out second consecutive year
-the individual workouts are not high on the priority list for prospect evaluation. The more important thing is to get them on the floor and let the coaching staff see them and to talk to them and get to know them as people
-we already have dozens and dozens of their games, going to high school with some of them.
-performance and athletic testing
-Rudy Gobert-like workout - "not really, but there is 1 player who is intriguing because of his skillset because he surprised us a little and threw us for a loop"... "and the interview - he's an outstanding young man"(Maker????).
-about the interviews - mostly to confirm what they already know, they already have intel on most high-level prospects, sometimes they test them(already know the answers, but ask them to see if they'd be truthful with our staff)
-a lot of the work is done before we get them in for a workout
-we do a bit of social media intel and will be doing even more in the future
-Deyonta Davis - talented kid, showed some stuff(shooting) that he wasn't allowed to do in Mich State. has a floater and a nice hook shot, has good offensive skillset and his defense is probably the best part of his game. Intriguing player. Might have good upside.
The player he's talking about could be Dejounte. I know Perrin said they were surprised with how well he shot the ball in the workout.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The player he's talking about could be Dejounte. I know Perrin said they were surprised with how well he shot the ball in the workout.

Yeah, that was another one... I was going by the "outstanding young man" comment. I think he used similar description when Maker worked out.

I think I need to reevaluate my board and get Deyonta Davis A LOT higher than he used to be. I didn't know he had this skillset. He practically wasn't allowed to do anything in Michigan state.

He has health concerns apparently, so I doubt he goes before 20.

I like him... I'd trade back if I knew we could get him and some other good stuff. I'm not concerned about the leg injury but I'm not a doctor.