What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I mean if Buddy Hield couldn't shoot would you want him?

If Dragan Bender was 6'9" no one would want him

If Kris Dunn wasn't so long he's really just a crappy PG who can't shoot

If Jaylen Brown wasn't an elite athlete then he's really just a wing who can't shoot...

I didn't know diminishing someone's wingspan by 3 inches was akin to a 3pt shooter not being able to shoot.

Kevin Pelton's top 30 draft prospects:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

If you want to know what he had to say about a specific player just ask.

You arent suppose to post ESPN insider stuff, just a heads up so Jason doesnt ban you.

Very interesting interview with Walt Perrin about the workouts season:
https://1280thezone.com/index.php/s...walt_perrin_utah_jazz_vp_of_player_personnel2

Highlights:
-he's tired, might get to 100 players worked out second consecutive year
-the individual workouts are not high on the priority list for prospect evaluation. The more important thing is to get them on the floor and let the coaching staff see them and to talk to them and get to know them as people
-we already have dozens and dozens of their games, going to high school with some of them.
-performance and athletic testing
-Rudy Gobert-like workout - "not really, but there is 1 player who is intriguing because of his skillset because he surprised us a little and threw us for a loop"... "and the interview - he's an outstanding young man"(Maker????).
-about the interviews - mostly to confirm what they already know, they already have intel on most high-level prospects, sometimes they test them(already know the answers, but ask them to see if they'd be truthful with our staff)
-a lot of the work is done before we get them in for a workout
-we do a bit of social media intel and will be doing even more in the future
-Deyonta Davis - talented kid, showed some stuff(shooting) that he wasn't allowed to do in Mich State. has a floater and a nice hook shot, has good offensive skillset and his defense is probably the best part of his game. Intriguing player. Might have good upside.

I doubt it was Maker, his skill-set has been well documented and wouldn't be surprising.

Also doubt it was Murray. He is a PG, you expect them to come in and have skills. It was probably a big man who wasnt highly touted.

Kevin Pelton's top 30 draft prospects:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Jamal Murray
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Zhou Qi (if age 20)
7. Kris Dunn
8. Juan Hernangomez
9. Ante Zizic
10. Marquese Chriss
11. Wade Baldwin
12. Ivica Zubac
13. Buddy Hield
14. Fred VanVleet
15. Henry Ellenson
16. Tyler Ulis
17. Domantas Sabonis
18. Furkan Korkmaz
19. Patrick McCaw
20. Deyonta Davis
21. Denzel Valentine
22. Diamond Stone
23. Gary Payton II
24. Chinanu Onuaku
25. Cheick Diallo
26. Jameel Warney
27. Guerschon Yabusele
28. Dejounte Murray
29. Malik Beasley
30. Ron Baker

Zizic

4. Jamal Murray

I narrowed it down to just Murray. I read Bern's article on Murray's negatives, which was informative, and so to balance it out I'd like to see why Pelton had Murray rated 4th.

Last edited:
4. Jamal Murray

I narrowed it down to just Murray. I read Bern's article on Murray's negatives, which was informative, and so to balance it out I'd like to see why Pelton had Murray rated 4th.

This isn't from the article...
He finished his freshman season at Kentucky with averages of 20.0 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.0 steal, and 3.0 3-point field goals.