What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

5 of 6 final fours.

The funny thing is that before Cal won the chip all the national pundits and peer coaches said you simply cannot win by reloading freshman every year. Lack of experience, chemistry, etc. That was the mantra.

Then he wins and the spin goes turns to pfft.. why haven't you won every year.

lol

Truth is winning with freshman was a major feat, regardless. Looking back with the 20/20 stuff is what makes the losers and also-rans poke.

Coach Cal changed the college game we see today, that's undeniable at this point. He forced the competitions hand, they had to try and beat him at his own game, which is an ultimate sign of respect. Many big time coaches/programs got upstaged in the process, like a loooooooong list..

That old Duke formula, that Dickie V thought was bullet-proof, has been proven obsolete (in a rather short span of time - IMO)... Duke abandoned it years ago(I can't blame them either, parts of it were based in smoke & mirrors anyway).

Most of the Duke fans I know, told me they didn't think they'd have any chance to win the Chip last year(preseason), because they lost Jabari and Hood.. Duke fans were' really hopeful Jabari would return(clearly not in his best interests) and they got bummed out when he declared.. Right?? That's how my friends were.. They told me "we'll see" when I said you can count on Winslow from day 1..

College is about prepping for later on in life.. Coach Cal's players are going to have a billion dollars in contracts collectively, Kentucky has the most players on NBA rosters in the 15-16 season... I think that's a bigger success than counting some recent championships -- that's just my personal opinion though, I don't like to get caught up in lore, thats not why I'm a fan - I actually just appreciate good old fashioned competition.

There's actually people out there who would love for the masses to think UK's last season, which had 1 loss, was some sort of disappointment. Think of how ***-backwards that is... The team produced 4 lottery picks, That's insane!! It's unprecedented, and if some college can somehow match that eventually - it's going to be must-watch TV as well..

Coach Cal changed the college game we see today, that's undeniable at this point. He forced the competitions hand, they had to try and beat him at his own game, which is an ultimate sign of respect. Many big time coaches/programs got upstaged in the process, like a loooooooong list..

That old Duke formula, that Dickie V thought was bullet-proof, has been proven obsolete (in a rather short span of time - IMO)... Duke abandoned it years ago(I can't blame them either, parts of it were based in smoke & mirrors anyway).

Most of the Duke fans I know, told me they didn't think they'd have any chance to win the Chip last year(preseason), because they lost Jabari and Hood.. Duke fans were' really hopeful Jabari would return(clearly not in his best interests) and they got bummed out when he declared.. Right?? That's how my friends were.. They told me "we'll see" when I said you can count on Winslow from day 1..

College is about prepping for later on in life.. Coach Cal's players are going to have a billion dollars in contracts collectively, Kentucky has the most players on NBA rosters in the 15-16 season... I think that's a bigger success than counting some recent championships -- that's just my personal opinion though, I don't like to get caught up in lore, thats not why I'm a fan - I actually just appreciate good old fashioned competition.

There's actually people out there who would love for the masses to think UK's last season, which had 1 loss, was some sort of disappointment. Think of how ***-backwards that is... The team produced 4 lottery picks, That's insane!! It's unprecedented, and if some college can somehow match that eventually - it's going to be must-watch TV as well..

This guy is very smart.

This guy is very smart.

Just calling it like I see it.

I really like that Coach Cal embraced the 40-0 ****, it's not like the envelope can be pushed any further than that.

People ran with it - holding amateurs to that standard of 40-0 is just insane... (I know Amateur boxers[Olympic athletes] in rare cases hold themselves to those standards, that's no team sport though..)

Floyd Mayweather was 87-7 as an amateur, no one holds that against him though, It's a moot point. 49-0 as a pro speaks for itself...

I'm sure there's decent odds somewhere on UK going undefeated this year(last i heard it was 30:1)... Holding these Amateurs to that standard is almost as insane as NOT paying these players, or letting them declare out of HS...

Thats why I said the whole thing is ***-backwards. If Jabari goes back to Duke and tears his knee apart, it's potentially disasterous for his career - all for what?? to avenge the 1st round loss vs Mercer?

Last edited:
5 of 6 final fours.

The funny thing is that before Cal won the chip all the national pundits and peer coaches said you simply cannot win by reloading freshman every year. Lack of experience, chemistry, etc. That was the mantra.

Then he wins and the spin goes turns to pfft.. why haven't you won every year.

lol

Truth is winning with freshman was a major feat, regardless. Looking back with the 20/20 stuff is what makes the losers and also-rans poke.

LMAO. He won a title because a once in a decade or so player was on tha team. With no Anthony Davis they would of never won a title but Talents like Davis don't come around every day. So you must be PKM. They find you as a fraud here with all your so called connects??lol

I challenge the notion that Squid preps players for the nba. These players would of been draft picks had they went right after highschool. Some cases like The Harrison twins actually saw stock drop, Dakari Johnson was another who would of beena first rounder out of high school. He is a glorified babysitter. He cant coach x and o's. That's why he failed miserably in the pros. He also pushed one Dejuan Wagner out of college into the pros before he was ready and kid got hurt and now look at him.. Calpri is a selfish ego driven person who thinsk he above the law. He is everything wrong with college athletics. 2 final fours vacated but he is still coaching young men? Id never send my kid to a scumbag like him.

I challenge the notion that Squid preps players for the nba. These players would of been draft picks had they went right after highschool. Some cases like The Harrison twins actually saw stock drop, Dakari Johnson was another who would of beena first rounder out of high school. He is a glorified babysitter. He cant coach x and o's. That's why he failed miserably in the pros. He also pushed one Dejuan Wagner out of college into the pros before he was ready and kid got hurt and now look at him.. Calpri is a selfish ego driven person who thinsk he above the law. He is everything wrong with college athletics. 2 final fours vacated but he is still coaching young men? Id never send my kid to a scumbag like him.

This train of thought operates under the assumption that all the public HS rankings are mostly correct, and should be taken at face value.. right?

I guess Billy Donovan killed Kasey Hill's stock too?

Oden and Byron Mullens should've been way more effective than Koufos right? That's how this fallacious exercise works?

Dejuan Wagner was the 6th pick in the draft... he was supposed to wait another year and go higher?!?!?! :confused:

Saying Anthony Davis is once in a generation, is after the fact... He wasn't the unanimous #1 player player in the country - ESPN and Rivals had Austin Rivers higher, right??

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/237978/The-Left-Handed-Basketball-Fraternity

Interesting stuff

How about the average lefty? The 42 that played this season combined to shoot 46.7% overall, 34.9% from three and 71.2 percent on free throws. That figures should surprise no one given all the big men that populate the NBA’s left-handed fraternity. Jordan led the league in field goal percentage (71%), but hit fewer than 40 percent of his foul shots. Performances like that one will skew a sample size that includes so few players.

Shooting percentages aren’t very kind to lefties on average, but they appear on the list of the league’s most efficient players often. There are 11 left-handers among the top 50 players in terms of PER this season. They populate less than nine percent of the league, but represent 22 percent of the league’s most productive players.

Theres tons of Lakers fans panicking about D'Angelo Russell right now... unless im overlooking someone, I've got Russell as the best lefty PG since Mike Conley - better than Brandon Jennings.

Dr. Jones am I really supposed to believe there's a chance Harry Giles could announce he's going to Kentucky, at a showcase in Winston North Carolina??

I've seen chatter, people actually thinking there's a chance.. I've been wrong on this stuff many times before, seems unlikely though.

Also; Have you heard anything new on Jarrett Allen?? Seems like he's waiting on Giles and possibly Adebayo.. right?

Tough call, but I'd go Skal.

Taller, more athletic, more upside. Skal has only been playing bb for 3 years and has a great offensive feel for the game. I bet his defensive prowess grows between now and the draft and he will be compared to AD-lite many, many times.

I'm going on the record: Towns will be undeniably better. Don't see Skal ever having Towns' post game or passing (he's a prodigy in this regard), and don't think he'll be quite the same level of rim protector either.

I actually think there's a good chance Towns ends up being Minny's cornerstone piece, while Wiggins takes the sidekick role.

I'm going on the record: Towns will be undeniably better. Don't see Skal ever having Towns' post game or passing (he's a prodigy in this regard), and don't think he'll be quite the same level of rim protector either.

I actually think there's a good chance Towns ends up being Minny's cornerstone piece, while Wiggins takes the sidekick role.

brutal that they're in our conference. That team's on the come-up. Garbage FO and coaching staff though-- the main thing that separates us from them

@NorthPoleHoops 1h1 hour ago
20pts, 10rbs, 9 ast for Jamal Murray in 1st game with Kentucky!

CS2g-yDUcAAcQ1F.jpg

@NorthPoleHoops 1h1 hour ago
20pts, 10rbs, 9 ast for Jamal Murray in 1st game with Kentucky!

CS2g-yDUcAAcQ1F.jpg

It was 22, 12, and 9, actually.

Murray is a superstar. Not because of that game, the kid is just very special. He will be a career all star.

Didn't see your earlier post. No, No chance Giles picks UK. It is 110% Duke.

Also, Ulis is a straight stud. Will be so heady this year. Skal is learning and still raw (getting used to Div1 and only 3 years of bb experience. But he looked like a guy with a very high ceiling. Silky hook shots.

It was 22, 12, and 9, actually.

Murray is a superstar. Not because of that game, the kid is just very special. He will be a career all star.

Didn't see your earlier post. No, No chance Giles picks UK. It is 110% Duke.

:mad: more pissed for Wake than UK if true.

2 questions:

What are the chances UK lands Jarrett Allen?? I'm guessing your gonna say over 50%

Lets say Allen goes elsewhere and Bam goes to N.C. State -- Any idea on what the next course of action would be?? I'd kinda hope they'd try to go after Thon again..

:mad: more pissed for Wake than UK if true.

2 questions:

What are the chances UK lands Jarrett Allen?? I'm guessing your gonna say over 50%

Lets say Allen goes elsewhere and Bam goes to N.C. State -- Any idea on what the next course of action would be?? I'd kinda hope they'd try to go after Thon again..

Allen seems to want to stay in state. I would put UK's chances at less than 50, especially since they are not recruiting him very hard.
I still say Bam to State. Smith is in ear all day every day.
Bolden in still a shot, but I think he's less than 50 and, again, we are not on him hard.
I think we are only making token passes at Thon. Sandy Bell has issued a serious warning.
I feel like Cal has something up his sleeve because he doesn't seem to be recruiting any of these guys very hard.

Maybe a transfer, a reclass, or maybe he just likes his chances with Lee coming back with a soph Hump and Tai. I doubt the latter is the case, though.

Allen seems to want to stay in state. I would put UK's chances at less than 50, especially since they are not recruiting him very hard.
I still say Bam to State. Smith is in ear all day every day.
Bolden in still a shot, but I think he's less than 50 and, again, we are not on him hard.
I think we are only making token passes at Thon. Sandy Bell has issued a serious warning.
I feel like Cal has something up his sleeve because he doesn't seem to be recruiting any of these guys very hard.

Maybe a transfer, a reclass, or maybe he just likes his chances with Lee coming back with a soph Hump and Tai. I doubt the latter is the case, though.

Was kinda hoping it was Allen.. I get that feeling that he's got something up his sleeve though too... I hope its a player from the HS class of 2017 tbh(Mohammad Bamba being the best case scenario)

The whole Thon situation seems like it's being grossly mismanaged if that's the case.. I've heard plenty of others basically laugh at the notion Thon will be in college... He's obviously built for the dribble-drive, wherever he lands, he won't show as well as he would've at UK next to all that talent..

One things for sure, he wont be in that Amerileauge.. :p

Bam to NC state seems imminent..

I almost wanna say Rawle to St. Johns seems like it will materialize too..

Kinda wish they'd try to get involved with Dewan Huell late, he seems like a heavy lean to stay in or near Florida though. He's good enough to wear the uniform. Might be viewed as a bit redundant next to Gabriel and SKJ, I think it could work though, he's one of the few players I'd say might benefit if he stayed for 2 years in college -- Especially at UK I'm pretty sure he'd end up a great example of progression.

This scenario is kind of why I was hoping they'd go after Javin DeLaurier too, thats old news though.. DeLaurier would be a better fit than Huell though, for sure.

Was kinda hoping it was Allen.. I get that feeling that he's got something up his sleeve though too... I hope its a player from the HS class of 2017 tbh(Mohammad Bamba being the best case scenario)

The whole Thon situation seems like it's being grossly mismanaged if that's the case.. I've heard plenty of others basically laugh at the notion Thon will be in college... He's obviously built for the dribble-drive, wherever he lands, he won't show as well as he would've at UK next to all that talent..

One things for sure, he wont be in that Amerileauge.. :p

Bam to NC state seems imminent..

I almost wanna say Rawle to St. Johns seems like it will materialize too..

Kinda wish they'd try to get involved with Dewan Huell late, he seems like a heavy lean to stay in or near Florida though. He's good enough to wear the uniform. Might be viewed as a bit redundant next to Gabriel and SKJ, I think it could work though, he's one of the few players I'd say might benefit if he stayed for 2 years in college -- Especially at UK I'm pretty sure he'd end up a great example of progression.

This scenario is kind of why I was hoping they'd go after Javin DeLaurier too, thats old news though.. DeLaurier would be a better fit than Huell though, for sure.

Ummm, did NBA do away with the one year in college rule? But seriously KY related comments go in the dumpster thread.