What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I'd be surprised if the allow straight to NBA any time soon.
Neither the players association nor owners want it.
Well the 60th pick in the 2015 NBA draft was from IMG Academy a HS in Florida. Satnam Singh was a post-graduate senior though. He's still technically the first HS player drafted since '05

I've found that people tend to agree on **** that isn't fair, when there's money to be made. Doesn't mean its right.. Its simple to see why the powers that be would want such a rule in place, The NBA has more to protect than just it's own brand of basketball...

It's in the best interests for many factions -- except of course the individuals, risking injury that are actually good enough to get drafted early.. C.J. Miles career was obviously positively affected by being drafted out of HS, it's safe to say he wouldn't have streamlined his 3pt shooting(which kept him in the league) as well somewhere in college as he did in Utah surrounded by professionals.. His Career is already 3x longer than the average NBA career and he's in his 20's.

They wont expunge that rule because its unjust.. it will finally change when its bargained to be changed, which is ********, because it was obviously passed under false pretenses

Well the 60th pick in the 2015 NBA draft was from IMG Academy a HS in Florida. Satnam Singh was a post-graduate senior though. He's still technically the first HS player drafted since '05

I've found that people tend to agree on **** that isn't fair, when there's money to be made. Doesn't mean its right.. Its simple to see why the powers that be would want such a rule in place, The NBA has more to protect than just it's own brand of basketball...

It's in the best interests for many factions -- except of course the individuals, risking injury that are actually good enough to get drafted early.. C.J. Miles career was obviously positively affected by being drafted out of HS, it's safe to say he wouldn't have streamlined his 3pt shooting(which kept him in the league) as well somewhere in college as he did in Utah surrounded by professionals.. His Career is already 3x longer than the average NBA career and he's in his 20's.

They wont expunge that rule because its unjust.. it will finally change when its bargained to be changed, which is ********, because it was obviously passed under false pretenses
When time permits I will give you the counter argument. Remind me.

I thought the AAU was everything wrong with high school sports. I was wrong. IMG Academy takes the cake.

I thought the AAU was everything wrong with high school sports. I was wrong. IMG Academy takes the cake.

The way the "Power HS's" are operating these days, really surprises me. It's clearly amplified from what it was.. The rich seem to be getting richer at a faster rate than ever. I'd liken it a bit to Poaching..

Oak Hill used to kind of stand alone with this ****(I'm sure there's others), now there's legitimately a handful of HS's that can beat the **** out of D-1 college teams... .. ... .. Hillcrest Prep didn't exist last year, but now they've got 2 of the best prospects in the worldwide pool of amateur basketball talent..

Montverde Academy has been the 'Super 25 national champion' for 3 straight years.

In the past few drafts they've had Embiid go 3rd, D'Angelo Russell go 2nd, Ben Simmons should go top-5 in 2016.. Silvio De Souza on the roster now from Angola, looks like an eventual top-5 pick -- R.J. Barrett and Simi ****tu from Canada look like lottery picks also.. It's not a coincidence, the top tier talent is basically being monopolized by a select few..

The way the "Power HS's" are operating these days, really surprises me. It's clearly amplified from what it was.. The rich seem to be getting richer at a faster rate than ever. I'd liken it a bit to Poaching..

Oak Hill used to kind of stand alone with this ****(I'm sure there's others), now there's legitimately a handful of HS's that can beat the **** out of D-1 college teams... .. ... .. Hillcrest Prep didn't exist last year, but now they've got 2 of the best prospects in the worldwide pool of amateur basketball talent..

Montverde Academy has been the 'Super 25 national champion' for 3 straight years.

In the past few drafts they've had Embiid go 3rd, D'Angelo Russell go 2nd, Ben Simmons should go top-5 in 2016.. Silvio De Souza on the roster now from Angola, looks like an eventual top-5 pick -- R.J. Barrett and Simi ****tu from Canada look like lottery picks also.. It's not a coincidence, the top tier talent is basically being monopolized by a select few..

Yep. And it's sickening.

Yep. And it's sickening.
Well there's a part of it that makes sense for the Student/Player, IMG Academy for instance gives out a lot of scholarships to International players, which gives them an opportunity to do things they wouldnt have had.. I can't really hate on that. It's not that simple though. I know IMG probably has top flight coaches/facilities, I know they have a 7-footer there for the big's to work out against.

It makes basketball sense for Trevon Duval to go from St. Benedict's in NJ to Advanced Prep in Texas, the fact that St. Benedict's is getting poached these days, is really a great example of how extreme things have become.. Trey gets to play with Billy Preston and Terrance Furgeson this year, which is absurd, they could beat college teams, and are aiming to go undefeated..

IMG Academy has like an advertising budget though.... Whats that about?? I've seen commercials/ad's during Yankee's games.. Never really understood that whole part of the equation..

I always thought the story of Brady Aiken, who was the #1 pick in the 2014 MLB draft, and the #17 pick in the 2015 draft - from IMG Academy, was kind of screwy, there's a key injury involved, but still it's basically the story of an Agent and player trying to get as big a contract as possible, which I guess I can't totally hate on.

@GoodmanESPN
UNC’s Marcus Paige fractured the third metacarpal on his right (non-shooting) hand in practice on Tuesday, will miss 3-4 weeks, per school.

odd things seem to be happening.. Harry Giles related things.. Apparently He tweeted about changing his announcement date, then deleted it.. That same event SKJ is supposed to sign with UK at.. So I doubt its UK related.. Even though Coach Cal went to see Harry's season opener yesterday..

Dunking extraordinaire Kwe Parker, Giles' old teammate just de-committed from Rutgers.. I'd imagine he's going to Wake with his old PG Brandon Childress

I know Coach Cal was at Harry's season opener last night..

KY saboteurs up to their old tricks.

Injury just sucks for them, and Paige - I like him too, he'll still be a 2nd round pick.

UNC's already behind the 8 ball imo, these coaches voted them #1, and they aren't that good.. Not good enough to thrive with that type of target on their back.. I doubt they end up a higher seed than Duke TBH.

^^^^^ No brainer pick if he really is going to end up late lotto or even deeper in the draft like he is currently projected.