What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

I'll just say this - Kabongo is talented, but he is not ready. He needs another year to figure out how to play point guard at a high level. If we draft him in the teens, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Rondo going 21st in a bad draft was awful. He couldn't shoot a lick but had that killer's mentality and absolutely could not be kept out of the lane. The floor general/distributor potential was oozing.

He needs another year, at least. He might go because he's probably a late first round pick this season, but that doesn't mean he's ready. I'll be sorely disappointed if we draft him in the teens.

Kabongo would have been a lottery pick if he came out last year and if he would have played a full season this year he would be projected in the lottery.

Kabongo would have been a lottery pick if he came out last year and if he would have played a full season this year he would be projected in the lottery.

While it is true that Myck enjoyed a short stint in the top 10 of a mock draft board (and I was screaming NO!!), what he heard from scouts was a completely different story. Thus, him not coming out.

I'm not certain what makes you think he would have been lottery had he played this entire year .. but there's nothing tangible or rumored that would support the notion.

Thank god.

Anytime.

At half MCW has 5 assists, 0 points and Burke has 8 points, 2 assists. Michigan up 35-33 to Penn St. and Syracuse up 40-27 to Pittsburgh.

Any chance Will Clyburn makes it to the NBA? Dude's got a silky smooth jump shot, goes to the line quite a bit, athletic and scores in a variety of ways.

Pretty clutch, MCW sinks 2 FTs, then when Pittsburgh got possession, he stole the ball, got fouled and sinks 2 FTs more. This boy has ice running through his vein.

Can anyone recall tall skinny Euros/white guys with ball skills making a big difference in the NBA as forwards? I'm just trying to get a read on Saric, and I come up with players like Keith Van Horn, Mike Dunleavy, Mike Miller and AK (who was a freak athlete compared to Saric). How is this guy supposed to be more than a spot-up shooter if he can't get by people?

Last edited:
Michael Carter Williams - Everyone last year was saying Kendall Marshall would be a perfect fit for the Jazz, well MCW has his floor vision. MCW has great size for a point guard at 6-5 and is just a natural, pure point guard. He is 4th in the nation in APG with (7.6) and 4th in the nation in SPG with (2.9). One downfall is his turnovers, he forces passes sometimes, but his Ast/TO ratio is 48th best in the nation at 2.24. It would be nice if he could get it up to 2.5 or better, but his assist numbers are astonishing especially with playing in one of the best conferences in college basketball and he has collected eight double-doubles this year.

Trey Burke - The reason why Burke's draft stock isn't higher is because he is a bit undersized at 6'0 and he is just average athletically. He is 11th in the nation in APG with (6.8) and a huge stat that is good for Burke is he has the best Ast/TO ratio in the nation at 3.48. He is a great scorer for his size and was named the Big-10 Player of the Year and is a candidate for the National Player of the Year. He has collected three double-doubles this year as well and Burke has scored in double figures in every game this year. Burke is one of the best college basketball players in the game today and one of the better scorers in the nation.

*MCW with 11 points, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds in a 62-59 win over Pittsburgh, while Burke with 21 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds in a 83-66 win over Penn St. today.