What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Randle, yeah he has some things - turns it over a bit much, hasn't been able to hit the jump shot, probably a bit shorter than we'd all like him to be, can't go right, etc - but the guy is a monster talent, has a motor that won't quit and even if he disappoints in the NBA, he should still get you 10-12 rebs a game.

This description reminds me of how I perceived Thomas Robinson before the draft.

Haven't watched Smart play live. Just seen the clips.

Anyone have a good comparison? Rose? T Evans? Westbrook? Ronnie Price?

We need to start looking at the 5-8 range, and focusing on that now period.

Of those listed I'd say he's Tyreke. (but with wayyyy more hunger & fight).

Athletic, but not elite. Not a natural PG. Big body. The same inconsistent shot.

With the way the NBA court had been shrinking with increased size and athleticism, any PG that can't hit the 3pt shot consistently to space the floor, to me isn't going to cut it.

Of those listed I'd say he's Tyreke. (but with wayyyy more hunger & fight).

Athletic, but not elite. Not a natural PG. Big body. The same inconsistent shot.

With the way the NBA court had been shrinking with increased size and athleticism, any PG that can't hit the 3pt shot consistently to space the floor, to me isn't going to cut it.

Evans look really good early then went into the Abyss. If Smart has a different drive, and work ethic then he could have a better career. I'd like to catch Smart sometime, and see how he plays in a full game. I've heard so much different opinions on the guy. Love him or hate him.

Evans look really good early then went into the Abyss. If Smart has a different drive, and work ethic then he could have a better career. I'd like to catch Smart sometime, and see how he plays in a full game. I've heard so much different opinions on the guy. Love him or hate him.

I was one of the few here who liked MCW because I could see that it was very easy for him to get to the rim and finish with authority. He plays above the rim. Even if he isn't able to hit the jumper, he has a variety of moves utilising his length, floater of the glass, etc. And on top of that, he is a top distributor - so if all else fail, he could do that.

At the PG position, Smart isn't a passer. He isn't a shooter. He isn't quick. Smart's main offensive move is backing down the opposing team's diminutive PG and laying it up. I don't need that from a PG. He also isn't an above the rim type player (he won't be Westbrook).

No thanks.

I was one of the few here who liked MCW because I could see that it was very easy for him to get to the rim and finish with authority. He plays above the rim. Even if he isn't able to hit the jumper, he has a variety of moves utilising his length, floater of the glass, etc. And on top of that, he is a top distributor - so if all else fail, he could do that.

At the PG position, Smart isn't a passer. He isn't a shooter. He isn't quick. Smart's main offensive move is backing down the opposing team's diminutive PG and laying it up. I don't need that from a PG. He also isn't an above the rim type player (he won't be Westbrook).

No thanks.

He could easily play with trey. I think he is more dwade light.

Why does this draft have more talent than 2007? Because ESPN analysts are freaking out?

Well ya..... they get paid to evaluate talent.

If the dentist tells me I have a cavity then I believe him and get it fixed, i don't say "but I didn't have one last year so I probably don't have one now"

Haven't watched Smart play live. Just seen the clips.

Anyone have a good comparison? Rose? T Evans? Westbrook? Ronnie Price?

We need to start looking at the 5-8 range, and focusing on that now period.

I have always compared him to bledsoe and tyreke

Does anyone else see the Wiggins-Rudy Gay Comparision?

Very good athletes- Very long and thin coming into the league.

Maybe more importantly both don't have natural aggression of a Jordan or Kobe.

Gay had a slighty more consistent jumper in college. I see Wiggins as a better driver and finisher.

Does anyone else see the Wiggins-Rudy Gay Comparision?

Very good athletes- Very long and thin coming into the league.

Maybe more importantly both don't have natural aggression of a Jordan or Kobe.

Gay had a slighty more consistent jumper in college. I see Wiggins as a better driver and finisher.

Wiggins is on another level of defense though.

I'm glad Bill and Jalen are calling this draft class over-rated. It's about time. Talented class? Yes. LeBrons? No.

And since there might not be a big drop-off in talent through the lottery, we can feel OK about winning a few games. Phew.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];743248 said:
I'm glad Bill and Jalen are calling this draft class over-rated. It's about time. Talented class? Yes. LeBrons? No.

And since there might not be a big drop-off in talent through the lottery, we can feel OK about winning a few games. Phew.

Yeah but I'd still rather be picking in the 1-5 range though... outside of that and there's a pretty big drop-off, tbh.

Maybe if more people talk about being overrated then some of the tankers won't tank as hard which would help the jazz too

I can't read what you're actually trying to say here.

They said that there was no real superstar besides maybe Embiid in this draft. They are basically saying the draft is over rated.

Of course this draft is overrated, that is what the media does and after building up these guys they spend a few months tearing them down. Besides I doubt this discussion would be happening if the Lakers had the worse record. ESPN has become so full of themselves with their emphasis on entertainment instead of the sport. They want Wiggins, Parker to end up in Chicago or LA and not Milwaukee or Utah.

Okay maybe we have a different definition of superstar. But superstar is someone who's got the potential to be a first option on a mediocre to good team or 2nd 1st option on a contender.
2006: Chris Paul, Deron Williams
2008: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love
2009: Blake Griffin, James Harden

Deron Williams fits into the category of a couple all-star/allnba appearances. Same with Russell Westbrook, Love, and Blake. They are not superstars. Your data proves my point further. Lebron, Paul, wade, Garnett, these are superstars.