What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

As I said in post #1.. I think we may... and that being the final year. Oh.. and we have Dennis SoLong Lindsey.. so you never know.

We'll be in the playoffs after the core gets a year of experience and we add Wiggins, yo.

I think Karl Towns is really interesting from what little I saw.

Very. He needs to add some strength but plenty of time to do that and a huge body.. and a REALLY smart kid. His parents are wealthy so while all the other kids are playing the summer AAU circuit they have him working with NBA shooting coaches, dribbling, and then he plays in occasional games.

I watched him once at practice and was blown away at how effortlessly he swishing half-court shots.. like from the fingertips.. just a flip.
If he adds more strength, there's no NBA comp I can think of... a 40% perimeter shooting 7'1 guy that shoots like a SG and has played lots of PG for his team. Could be become a dominant (truly) PF.

As I said in post #1.. I think we may... and that being the final year. Oh.. and we have Dennis SoLong Lindsey.. so you never know.

Agree we could, but it will likely be late lottery. The WC will still be strong and you know the Lakers are going to make some roster moves. Portland is already pretty good. New Orleans is on the rise. Add another lottery pick to Sacramento and Minnesota and there will be a real fight for the last one or two playoff spots (and throw Utah in the mix). 2014/15 could very well be a repeat of '07-08 when all 8 playoff teams in the WC won 50 games.

I hope Lindsey does the same thing he did this year with our cap space: try to pick up an additional 1st round pick. Then there's a possibility of throwing two firsts at a team to jump into the 8-10 range.

That would be absolutely insane to have 7 lottery picks on the roster (assuming we get one after this season), with most of them in the Top-10.

Draft Berk Uğurlu 96 born PG from Turkey plays for Fenerbahce Ulker

my name is berk but my surname is not uğurlu

Very. He needs to add some strength but plenty of time to do that and a huge body.. and a REALLY smart kid. His parents are wealthy so while all the other kids are playing the summer AAU circuit they have him working with NBA shooting coaches, dribbling, and then he plays in occasional games.

I watched him once at practice and was blown away at how effortlessly he swishing half-court shots.. like from the fingertips.. just a flip.
If he adds more strength, there's no NBA comp I can think of... a 40% perimeter shooting 7'1 guy that shoots like a SG and has played lots of PG for his team. Could be become a dominant (truly) PF.

I've only seen him play once or twice, but based on this description he sounds Dirk-ish?

I've only seen him play once or twice, but based on this description he sounds Dirk-ish?

Yeah.. but probably a little more post play vs. perimeter play. In other words, he is not romanced by playing away from the basket but definitely can if needed to.

^That may have been confusing. All I'm saying is he sees himself as a highly skilled PF/C that can step out and hit shots but knows his place is in the post. (a good thing)

He said "if he adds more strength". So in case he adds strength he'd be DeMarcus Durantzki ;) But combining positive aspects of these 3 players isn't an easy task to achieve. Wasn't sure if I should say Dwight or DeMarcus, but above average athleticism/explosiveness is what I see in him at best. So basically you take Cousins frame and rebounding and pair it with everything else Durantzki do...Shooting, Dribbling, Passing, Leadership, BBIQ

He said "if he adds more strength". So in case he adds strength he'd be DeMarcus Durantzki ;) But combining positive aspects of these 3 players isn't an easy task to achieve. Wasn't sure if I should say Dwight or DeMarcus, but above average athleticism/explosiveness is what I see in him at best. So basically you take Cousins frame and rebounding and pair it with everything else Durantzki do...Shooting, Dribbling, Passing, Leadership, BBIQ

He's more athletic than Cousins, but far from elite.. so I agree with what you said.

He's more athletic than Cousins, but far from elite.. so I agree with what you said.

Finally being able to use my brain as outside and room temperature dipped below 30 degree(86°F) I'd rather say he's a more athletic Kevin Love on offense and Tyson Chandler on defense.

Finally being able to use my brain as outside and room temperature dipped below 30 degree(86°F) I'd rather say he's a more athletic Kevin Love on offense and Tyson Chandler on defense.
Not bad... just much bigger than Love.

Stanley Johnson is one of several UK targets who will play on ESPNU on Monday night.
The matchups are set for the final two games of the Adidas Nations, which will be shown Monday night on ESPNU.Several Kentucky recruiting targets will play in the championship game between USA 2014 Red and USA 2014 Blue at 9 p.m. ET. The Red team includes Jahlil Okafor, Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow. The Blue team will be led by Trey Lyles and Myles Turner.Emmanuel Mudiay is also on the Blue roster but has been sidelined with a knee injury.UK has offered Okafor, Johnson, Winslow and Lyles. Findlay Prep forward Craig Victor will also play for the Red team. Victor has expressed interest in Kentucky in the past, but he does not have a UK offer and is expected to choose from a list of other schools sometime this month.The Adidas Nations third-place game between USA 2015 Red and Team Africa will be shown on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET. Las Vegas big man Stephen Zimmerman plays for the 2015 team. He is one of six players from his class with a UK scholarship offer.

Stanley Johnson is one of several UK targets who will play on ESPNU on Monday night.
The matchups are set for the final two games of the Adidas Nations, which will be shown Monday night on ESPNU.Several Kentucky recruiting targets will play in the championship game between USA 2014 Red and USA 2014 Blue at 9 p.m. ET. The Red team includes Jahlil Okafor, Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow. The Blue team will be led by Trey Lyles and Myles Turner.Emmanuel Mudiay is also on the Blue roster but has been sidelined with a knee injury.UK has offered Okafor, Johnson, Winslow and Lyles. Findlay Prep forward Craig Victor will also play for the Red team. Victor has expressed interest in Kentucky in the past, but he does not have a UK offer and is expected to choose from a list of other schools sometime this month.The Adidas Nations third-place game between USA 2015 Red and Team Africa will be shown on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET. Las Vegas big man Stephen Zimmerman plays for the 2015 team. He is one of six players from his class with a UK scholarship offer.

Will probably watch, basketball in August is a rare commodity. Want to check out this "Kanter killer" guy Okafor as well.

This is for PKM

I love/hate you. I am sitting here watching the Adidas Nations championship game. Okafor had some nice moments but the person that keeps popping up is Stanley Johnson.

I hate that you have such incredible knowledge of up and coming players (cause I wish I had that), but I also love that I now know who to watch for.

So thank / no thank you.