What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

He did way better in the 2nd half, but idk, just not a huge Collins fan. It's refreshing to see a big so comfortable and dominant in the post, but he doesnt seem to be a great playmaker from the post. I'm much more impressed when I watch Yante Maten and I think his game translates much better to the NBA.

Maten is also a year older. Collins game will look different in the pros that Wake team needs him to play C.

To me John Collins offense is a lot like Derrick Favors.. He's not as athletic but is more nuanced at the same stage.

Zach Collins is a better prospect than both of em.

Pgab,

I watched Gonzaga last night. He's only a junior but I really like Nigel Williams-Goss. His handle reminds me of George Hill a bit (mechanically that is) but I really like the way he pushes the tempo and seems in control at the 1. He rebounds well, has very good size for a point guard, seems fairly athletic...seems to me he would need to work on his three point shot but if he came out (doubt it), what are your thoughts on him in the 2nd round?

I really like him. Like if he tightened his dribble just a little, and learned the pg position a little more (Stockton, help a fellow alum out), and worked on his perimeter game, I feel like he could be a heck of a player. And I'm not talking about big improvements really. They're reasonable though the shooting may take time.

While his defense looked meh, I wanted to get your thoughts.

Pgab,

I watched Gonzaga last night. He's only a junior but I really like Nigel Williams-Goss. His handle reminds me of George Hill a bit (mechanically that is) but I really like the way he pushes the tempo and seems in control at the 1. He rebounds well, has very good size for a point guard, seems fairly athletic...seems to me he would need to work on his three point shot but if he came out (doubt it), what are your thoughts on him in the 2nd round?

I really like him. Like if he tightened his dribble just a little, and learned the pg position a little more (Stockton, help a fellow alum out), and worked on his perimeter game, I feel like he could be a heck of a player. And I'm not talking about big improvements really. They're reasonable though the shooting may take time.

While his defense looked meh, I wanted to get your thoughts.

He has a very strong, one of the best, psychological profiles in the draft. He and Brunson are top-shelf winner's, he's been one since HS. Whatever team gets him will see him in that light.

He's not dynamic but he's solid. Some will take this comp in an unflattering type of way but he's like former UConn 1st rd pick Marcus Williams. He's a better athlete (not as pure a passer) though. Ultimately not starter material..

I may prefer Brunson though. Would he be an upgrade over Mack, almost immediately?

Did you watch the highlights i just posted of Brunson? Check that out. You'll see him slicing thru the lane like Mack, look at the reads and the crispness of the passes/finishes he makes.. His awareness is very high, well beyond what you'd expect from a Sophomore. His father was an NBA player.

Mack is more of a mini-tank, Brunson is more like a swiss-army knife thats sharp. His skillset is more diverse and IMO more desirable for a backup spot because he can cover you on many situations..

He has a very strong, one of the best, psychological profiles in the draft. He and Brunson are top-shelf winner's, he's been one since HS. Whatever team gets him will see him in that light.

He's not dynamic but he's solid. Some will take this comp in an unflattering type of way but he's like former UConn 1st rd pick Marcus Williams. He's a better athlete (not as pure a passer) though. Ultimately not starter material..

Not saying you called him Hill but George Hill isn't dynamic either and he's certainly starter material.

Not saying you called him Hill but George Hill isn't dynamic either and he's certainly starter material.

No you're confused about how I use the word dynamic, remove the player from the equation and look at how that player is commonly defensed and you have your answer..

George Hill is most certainly dynamic in todays NBA.

The paramount thing that makes George Hill dynamic is the same thing that makes NWG not dynamic -- an explosive 1st step. Thats pretty much essential to being dynamic on the perimeter in today's NBA. Also a degree of slipperiness is essential, if ya burst past the defense but they can recover that's not much good at all..

Goss isn't going to put super quick defenders on their heels and even if he did he's not that slippery, he's gotta use his body to shield away defenders... So pretty much NBA pg's can glide with him in a defensive stance, no problem..

Zags look like a damn confident bunch if ya ask me, they're flexing on the Gaels and having fun out there.. Zach Collins is clearly a very good athlete. Nigel Williams Goss just hit an and-1 dagger.

U can tell these teams don't like each other.. Few's going for the jugular.. It's a shame St. Mary's started so ****ily or this coulda been good.

Kansas freshman basketball player Josh Jackson will miss the Jayhawks’ Big 12 Tournament opener, KU coach Bill Self announced Wednesday.

The one-game suspension stems from a Feb. 2 traffic incident that Jackson told Self about Monday. Jackson is scheduled to appear in Lawrence Municipal Court this month after being cited for three traffic violations.

Jackson, 20, received a ticket on Feb. 7 for duty upon striking an unattended vehicle, inattentive driving and improper backing, according to the court. He is scheduled to appear at 9:30 a.m. March 27.

According to Self, Jackson backed into a parked car on the KU campus and left without leaving his information.

“Although Josh has acknowledged his responsibility and has handled it himself, he didn’t tell me about it until Monday,” Self said in a release. “He should have left his contact information at the time and notified us immediately.”

In a separate matter, Jackson faces one misdemeanor charge of criminal property damage. He is scheduled to be arraigned on April 12 in Douglas County District Court.

He's 6'8" with an unmistakable hairstyle and drives a hummer.. Why'd he drive away?!?

berternie.jpg

12559924_G.jpg

Is it just me or does NWG look like Ernie with a chinstrap?

Apparently he cut his hand when trying to cut down the net after winning the conference title last night.. Don't think I've heard that one before..

Great matchup to start the day. Syracuse desperately needs this win. Miami's good, wellcoached and hungry.

Bruce Brown who's gone in and out of the 1st rd in the last few updates in my mocks now sits in the lottery of DX's 2018 mock... an interesting machination indeed. I'll try to deconstruct the thinking on that one in a bit.

This could be a player the Jazz would desperately hope falls in their laps tho. He's sort of Malcolm Brogdon-y, also I'd say he's obviously a better prospect than Wade Baldwin.

Again, definitely one of the best psychological profiles in the field. Sounds like I'm repeating myself but I assure you the 3 players in question will check out.

He's old tho for a Fr. Probably older than John Collins.

Koby McEwen might be the most underrated freshman in the country.
582b3b3f90293.image.jpg

27-4-4 today on 9/12 shooting, 5/5 from 3. He's a 6'4" athletic PG shooting 43% from 3 on 4.5 attempts per game.

Utah State..

Better than Briscoe for sure.. He's the highest rated Canadian PG in this class.

He's like Semaj Christon but better, can really shoot.

Koby McEwen might be the most underrated freshman in the country.
582b3b3f90293.image.jpg

27-4-4 today on 9/12 shooting, 5/5 from 3. He's a 6'4" athletic PG shooting 43% from 3 on 4.5 attempts per game.

Utah State..

Better than Briscoe for sure.. He's the highest rated Canadian PG in this class.

He's like Semaj Christon but better, can really shoot.
You really hate briscoe

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Kennard started out 1-8 but finished strong and went 8-12 after that. 20 points and 5 rebounds while Duke avoids the upset.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Frank Jackson has been Duke's 2nd best player the last 5 or so games, averaging about 20 ppg.

He needs to play about 30-35 mpg next year, hit the 3 at 40%+ and flash more athleticism than be has this year. If he can do that and show improved PG skills, he can get himself into the mid to late first.

Frank Jackson has been Duke's 2nd best player the last 5 or so games, averaging about 20 ppg.

He needs to play about 30-35 mpg next year, hit the 3 at 40%+ and flash more athleticism than be has this year. If he can do that and show improved PG skills, he can get himself into the mid to late first.

Was just thinking about him. Wouldn't mind picking him in the first.

Man bun finished with 20 points on 7-12 shooting including 4-6 from three. He's really been coming on as of late.

That would be a terrible mistake on his part. He will have the keys to the team next year and could play himself into the lottery.