What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

There's a very long list of seemingly high potential development prospects in this draft. One of them for sure is Andrew Jones 6'5" PG on Texas, he's very athletic and very well equipped to get to and finish at the rim.. Also has a nice looking shot, and has hit some buzzer-beaters.

I need to watch more of his gameplay.

So I know this isn't a Jazz topic because they will probably be the top two picks, but where do guys stand on Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball? I've been hearing a ton of hype about Ball. He looks like a great prospect from the games I've watched. But Fultz looks like the much more polished prospect. I'm not understanding the hype of people saying Ball should go first. Am I missing something?

Elijah Stewart's going into the 2nd rd of my next mock. He had a really nice game vs UCLA last night.

I'm gonna feature more of 'my favorite' players, ones I think should declare this year in the 2nd rd. Stewart and Thybulle will be on there for sure. Jeffrey Carroll

So I know this isn't a Jazz topic because they will probably be the top two picks, but where do guys stand on Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball? I've been hearing a ton of hype about Ball. He looks like a great prospect from the games I've watched. But Fultz looks like the much more polished prospect. I'm not understanding the hype of people saying Ball should go first. Am I missing something?

Ball has a lot of regional hype. The Lakers haven't been so ****ty for so many years in a long time so a regional star like him, when they're angling for a top-3 pick is a perfect recipie for the hypemachine to go full throttle. The brothers and father are also a part of it.

Very good basketball player tho. HE's 6'5" andathletic and a great not good PG.. he can shoot from 3 and he's got great instincts on both sides of the ball.. It's not difficult to see how some think he should go #1, he profiles as a franchise pillar and someone who can thoroughly out-play the paygrade of his rookie deal..

Kyle Guy with a solid 0-8 from the field with 0 points in 25 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Never have I thought Tony Bennett was an overrated coach more than in yesterdays game.. They seem so unprepared.. their offense is too rigid and predictable.. They have such an extremely low margin for error in falling behind, once their down 10 its like their down 20..

I really wonder exactly what kind of favors he's doing these players having them grind it out..

Jay Huff shouldn't have been redshirted his lineups suck too, they lack balance!! his lineups are counter-productive. Guy and Jerome shouldn't be coming off the bench together like that.

Perrantes-Guy-Shayok-Wilkins-Huff

With Jerome and Hall coming off the bench as a plus unit(thats a 3pt shooting unit too). Instead they have Guy and Jerome coming off the bench 2 freshman and it's like a wait and see if they get hot situation, it's not like they surprise anyone, opposition is fully prepared for them which is what happened in this game to Guy..

Ball has a lot of regional hype. The Lakers haven't been so ****ty for so many years in a long time so a regional star like him, when they're angling for a top-3 pick is a perfect recipie for the hypemachine to go full throttle. The brothers and father are also a part of it.

Very good basketball player tho. HE's 6'5" andathletic and a great not good PG.. he can shoot from 3 and he's got great instincts on both sides of the ball.. It's not difficult to see how some think he should go #1, he profiles as a franchise pillar and someone who can thoroughly out-play the paygrade of his rookie deal..

Yeah he's definitely a good player and a top prospect. Fultz just seems way more polished to me with the same sky high ceiling.

Yeah he's definitely a good player and a top prospect. Fultz just seems way more polished to me with the same sky high ceiling.

Fultz ceiling is higher because he could be a first or 2nd option offensive player. In a best-case scenario with him u have a player like Prime-D-Wade thats simply a one-man wrecking crew/army..

Lonzo's overrated when it comes to vs Josh Jackson or even Jayson Tatum, who's really been surging of late.. people have deluded themselves into thinking he's a tier above those 2..

I wouldn't say Fultz is more polished tho. Lonzo might be the most NBA ready player in the draft IMO.

Giles likely going back to Duke and coming out next year is the word.

That'd be the deathknell with their chances at Mo Bamba... HOORAY!! (I did think UK was gonna pull him regardless)

I've long pointed out the parallels between Giles and Ivan Rabb and it's still running true..

That'd be the deathknell with their chances at Mo Bamba... HOORAY!! (I did think UK was gonna pull him regardless)

I've long pointed out the parallels between Giles and Ivan Rabb and it's still running true..

True.
And word is Mo isn't interested in Duke.
UK or Texas.
Love the chances if true.

Give me Knox (not gonna happen) and call it a class)

Ball is bigger and and a better pure point. Gamechanger as a distributor. Defensive instincts and overall bball IQ are excellent. His TS% for a frosh guard at a P5 school are off the charts.

I'm not saying he's bether than Fultz, but i can see why some do.

True.
And word is Mo isn't interested in Duke.
UK or Texas.
Love the chances if true.

Give me Knox (not gonna happen) and call it a class)

If Knox passes, which seems likely, do you still think they look to fill that spot?? lets say with a late-rising 4-star, perhaps a reclassified player from 2018 or even a transfer of some sort?

To me there's clearly future pro's in the class of 2017 still on the board..

I wish they went after 6'8" Stanford recruit Kezie Okpala. woulda been an AWESOME match. He oozes upside and recently had an Anthony Davis type of growth spurt (8 inches in a year and a half..)

If Knox passes, which seems likely, do you still think they look to fill that spot?? lets say with a late-rising 4-star, perhaps a reclassified player from 2018 or even a transfer of some sort?

To me there's clearly future pro's in the class of 2017 still on the board..

To me 6'8" Stanford recruit Kezie Okpala woulda been an AWESOME match.

Gut says no. Cal hasn't seemingly been on anyone else at all.
I actually wish we'd add a shooting guard.

With Washington and Vanderbilt we will be barely okay with them filling in at the 3.. tho not ideal situation. But I feel exposed at G having only Green, Diallo, and Shai.

Wasatch Academy's 5-star Jr. Emmanuel Akot (a Canadian import) committed to Arizona yesterday..

He's got a VERY interesting skillset. He passes the eye test quite easily.

Funny thing is he's got huge hands but not long arms... I'll always remember him for this (to me it's Dr. J looking) drive.. 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXxbbMF8nQ

I like the way his jumper looks and his passing is way above what you'd expect from a 6'8" HS JR.

Gut says no. Cal hasn't seemingly been on anyone else at all.
I actually wish we'd add a shooting guard.

With Washington and Vanderbilt we will be barely okay with them filling in at the 3.. tho not ideal situation. But I feel exposed at G having only Green, Diallo, and Shai.

I feel like Vanderbilt can actually fill in at the 2 in college.. I wonder if maybe they'll save the spot for some sort of Hamidou type of situation next year. There's a bit of a pattern of that being established (Wynward)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2Fd4gKLSM
I'm with u tho.. I'd make a last pitch in the final hour for Brian Bowen or even Jordan Tucker..

There's a long list of SG's or swingmen that could help in the class of 2018 too.. I dunno the plausibility of it all but a player like Quentin Grimes would fit in well, Keldon Johnson probably even better.. Darius Garland would be one of my top choices too. No doubt he's ready to play... Robert Woodard would also be a GREAT option.

Last edited:
DJ Wilson is going ballistic right now vs Purdue. Could be playing himself into the tip-40. Pat Riley's in the crowd. 18 and counting in the first half.

Isaac Haas is also haveing a great 1st half, hasn't missed yet. He's top-40 right now IMO. I'd even consider him with the30th pick. Dude is massive taller than Rudy and has some real offensive flashes.