What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Mmk, haven't watched much college ball this last year, but a couple of my favorites:

Giles
Swanigan
Monte Morris
Nigel Hayes

Any way any of them wind up on the Jazz, and how do y'all think they'd fit in?

A lot stands out.. he's an 18 year old giant.. he shows a lot of flashes, hands, movement, he can run, he's got some touch and he's already a decent FT shooter..

plus he turns 19 at the end next month.. he's got a lot of time for improvement... a true project.

I wouldn't mind it if Utah took him with the GSW pick..

This team isn't gonna lack size inside LOL.. Nick Richards, Obiagu, Simanic, Hartenstein...

Sedekerskis is a power wing too..

That roster desperately misses a Dennis Schroder. They're gonna need 16 year old RJ Barrett and Sedekerskis to do a lot of facilitating from the wing.

Wigginton has been a player I've been hyping here for a while!!! glad to see he made it.

I agree he has a lot of room to improve as a project. I just saw a lot of catching and dunking from Dos Anjos. Not very much in a post game, very little with jump shooting (his stroke does look nice), he seemed to be out of position a lot for rebounds. He has a ways to go. I still much rather have Jeanne or Pasecniks if we go the route of an international big. Just my opinion so far.

I agree he has a lot of room to improve as a project. I just saw a lot of catching and dunking from Dos Anjos. Not very much in a post game, very little with jump shooting (his stroke does look nice), he seemed to be out of position a lot for rebounds. He has a ways to go. I still much rather have Jeanne or Pasecniks if we go the route of an international big. Just my opinion so far.

He's not a great fit with Utah. A team who lacks size is the one that'd take a flier on him early.

Isaac Haas is a better fit. He's got a post game.. Him vs Jeanne is debatable. vs Pasecniks not so much IMO.

Just got box seats for tomorrow nights games in Sacramento. That Kansas state Cincy game going to be any good. Imma heckle the **** out of Lonzo balls dad.

IU fired Tom Crean. This is a bombshell that could have a ripple effect all the way out til the draft.

He is so unlikeable... super punchable face... seems like the biggest dick in college basketball and that is saying something.

Mmk, haven't watched much college ball this last year, but a couple of my favorites:

Giles
Swanigan
Monte Morris
Nigel Hayes

Any way any of them wind up on the Jazz, and how do y'all think they'd fit in?

If Giles is there I think I take him. Watching Skal this year has convinced my college BB is just not great to show what some of these kids have. He was rated so highly coming out of HS... in the 20s that's as good of a bet as I can make imo

If Giles is there I think I take him. Watching Skal this year has convinced my college BB is just not great to show what some of these kids have. He was rated so highly coming out of HS... in the 20s that's as good of a bet as I can make imo

Skal has knees tho. Giles doesnt and those are important for NBA.

Giles wont be on the board for Utah, he's not falling to the mid-20's.. Their best bet might be Chimezie Metu.. if your looking for a 4/5 that agile and explosive and can block shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAXmCpqB3xU

Ok someone in the know tell me more about mikal bridges. Been watching some games and the kid has legit size, plays defense, has a nice looking jumper. He is over shadowed by brunson and Hart but bridges is an NBA player.

I am not seeing him mocked. Is he going to wait a year to be the man for Nova. He is a redshirt sophomore now.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ok someone in the know tell me more about mikal bridges. Been watching some games and the kid has legit size, plays defense, has a nice looking jumper. He is over shadowed by brunson and Hart but bridges is an NBA player.

I am not seeing him mocked. Is he going to wait a year to be the man for Nova. He is a redshirt sophomore now.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

No he's not gonna be the man, thats Brunson or DiVicenzo. He's limited offensively and the question is how much of his offense is a result from Nova's system and superior personnel..

He's a bit like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

I put him to the Jazz 30th pick in my latest mock but I think I'd swap him out for Deng Adel of Louisville now. It's a toss up.

The question with him is about his ability to be any sort of real factor on offense.

A few somewhat hushed rumors floating around:

** George Hill's agent is the same guy who reps both Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson. Both of these players received big contract offers from the Nets during the last offseason, essentially setting their market value and forcing their incumbent teams to match the offers. League executives privately expect the Nets to make a big offer (max or near-max) to Hill, and this is what caused Hill's camp to reject the Jazz's extension offer.

** The Phoenix Suns are shutting down guard Eric Bledsoe for the rest of the season, against Bledsoe's own wishes. Phoenix Suns' fans believe that the Suns have a trade lined up for Bledsoe if the Suns draft a PG in the upcoming draft. Phoenix currently has the third-worst record in the league and is likely to have a top-5 pick.

** Phoenix is one of the teams that expressed interest in trading for Derrick Favors at the trade deadline this year.

Put it all together, jump to some conclusions, and you've got the Jazz and Phx making a trade involving Bledsoe and Favors this summer.

** George Hill's agent is the same guy who reps both Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson. Both of these players received big contract offers from the Nets during the last offseason, essentially setting their market value and forcing their incumbent teams to match the offers. League executives privately expect the Nets to make a big offer (max or near-max) to Hill, and this is what caused Hill's camp to reject the Jazz's extension offer.

** The Phoenix Suns are shutting down guard Eric Bledsoe for the rest of the season, against Bledsoe's own wishes. Phoenix Suns' fans believe that the Suns have a trade lined up for Bledsoe if the Suns draft a PG in the upcoming draft. Phoenix currently has the third-worst record in the league and is likely to have a top-5 pick.

** Phoenix is one of the teams that expressed interest in trading for Derrick Favors at the trade deadline this year.

Put it all together, jump to some conclusions, and you've got the Jazz and Phx making a trade involving Bledsoe and Favors this summer.

Seems like they could get more for Bledsoe, but sure, I will hold out hope.

Man that was brutal what Matthew Fischer-Davis just did in the final minute of the L to Northwestern. He might never live that down, thats the type of thing that haunts ya.

A lot of it is dead on some of the weaknesses in his scouting report..

This post should be the last time melo trimbles mentined here. RIP to his chances.

Justin Jackson and Huerter played well enough to win.

Phoenix has the 3rd pick potentially so if Ball is there, could be some tentative agreement in place for a Favors/Bledsoe trade? I'm sure we would have to add something.

If we can't get Hill back or if he cost too much.... Eric Bledsoe is one heck of a compensation prize. I'd be stoked if we got him. If this is indeed the Jazz plan, you'd have to imagine they are also pursuing Omri Casspi quite hard right now.