What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I like Bledsoe but is that really whats gonna happen at PG? Seems unsound. Utah's just gonna perpetually trade assets for rentals at PG??

Bledsoe has not been able to stay healthy. And that deal does nothing for our cap. No thanks PHX. Rather have Dante start instead. If you want favs give us young prospects and picks so we gain cap room and more assets.

Skal Labissierre put up 32 on Wednesday. I was high on him last year. One of the few guys I wanted the Jazz to grab at 12.

Giles wont be on the board for Utah, he's not falling to the mid-20's.. Their best bet might be Chimezie Metu.. if your looking for a 4/5 that agile and explosive and can block shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAXmCpqB3xU

Hmm, sure on Giles? Feel like I've seen him in that range a couple of places. Though I'd understand if he looks healthy.

Skal Labissierre put up 32 on Wednesday. I was high on him last year. One of the few guys I wanted the Jazz to grab at 12.

Stitches and I were worried he wouldn't make it to 12 when the Jazz picked in the last draft. We were among the Skal apologists. He's still just a finesse player, but he's skilled and decently athletic.

What did he go? Like late 20s? <edit> 28 is ridiculous in last year's draft.

Bledsoe has not been able to stay healthy. And that deal does nothing for our cap. No thanks PHX. Rather have Dante start instead. If you want favs give us young prospects and picks so we gain cap room and more assets.

The bigger picture thinking is that the Jazz are better off getting less expensive solutions at PG and PF than a maxed out Hill and Favors, which would hamstring them for years. Several teams could be interested in Bledsoe. Detroit for one.

The Jazz apparently were discussing Favors with Phoenix a couple times before the trade deadline. I have no idea what would be coming back to the Jazz. Phoenix wants to move Brandon Knight as the odd man out, but the fact that they're shutting down Bledsoe might suggest he's in a potential trade.

I still like OG Anunoby more than Tatum and Bridges. If he's there for us, I'd pull the trigger. The Jazz need another tough, athletic 6'8" two-way wing.

He looks great doing it too... seems like a totally different player than we saw at Kentucky.

I like Bledsoe but is that really whats gonna happen at PG? Seems unsound. Utah's just gonna perpetually trade assets for rentals at PG??

Has two more years on his deal at a bargain price... would be a great get that way.

I'd worry he wouldn't fit in systemically or culturally. He's not a locker room cancer, but we have such good vibes going that some prickly might kinda screw it up.

There is no way that it is a done deal because of timing... draft before free agency. I do think they plan on moving him and that we'd be interested if Hill was too pricey or wanted to leave. Talentwise he'd be a great stop gap while Dante ramps up all the way... I don't think they'd play together as well as Hill and Exum would, but if Bledsoe was allowed to gamble more because Gobert is behind him he'd be a nightmare on D.

His injury concerns are scary but if it is Favs and a 2018 1st rounder for Bledsoe I think it's close in value.

I still like OG Anunoby more than Tatum and Bridges. If he's there for us, I'd pull the trigger. The Jazz need another tough, athletic 6'8" two-way wing.

I like OG... would use him as small ball 4. Hopefully he declares and slides on draft night. We can wait for him to get healthy. I'd move up to get him too assuming it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I like Semi out of SMU but I'm not sure if he looks so good because he's 22 beating up on kids or if he's just really good.

Bennie Boatwright would be a cool pick if he enters the draft. Probably wouldnt take him 1st round, but I like his stretch 4 potential.

It's going to be interesting to see who stashes Fusek. He needs to gain more weight but he's 7'5 and moves well. He has a decent vertical for being so tall. Most videos I've seen are of him doing drills - only a few in-game videos of him blocking shots.

With four seconds we had better do at least one stash.

With four seconds we had better do at least one stash.

I thought the Jazz only got two seconds and two firsts (I know, Lindsey is slacking).

2017 first round draft pick from Golden State
Golden State's 2017 1st round pick to Utah [Denver-Golden State-Utah, 7/10/2013]

2017 second round draft picks from Detroit and/or Golden State and/or New York (second and third most favorable incl. Utah)
Utah will receive the second and third most favorable of Detroit's 2017 2nd round pick, Golden State's 2017 2nd round pick, New York's 2017 2nd round pick (via Toronto) and Utah's 2017 2nd round pick; Philadelphia will receive the most favorable of these four picks and the more favorable of (i) the least favorable of these four picks and (ii) Atlanta's 2017 2nd round pick protected for selections 56-60 and Atlanta will receive the least favorable of these five picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap the least favorable of the four picks for Atlanta) (if the Atlanta pick falls within its protected range, then Philadelphia's swap right and Atlanta's obligation to Philadelphia will be extinguished and Philadelphia will receive the least favorable of the four picks) [Denver-Golden State-Utah, 7/10/2013; New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013; Toronto-Utah, 7/10/2014; Detroit-Oklahoma City-Utah, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Utah, 8/26/2016; Atlanta-Philadelphia, 2/22/2017]

Adebayo with 10 points and 9 rebounds at half on 5-6 shooting from the field. He is playing with a lot of energy and is really crashing the boards.

Fox never stops going he's going all out every second even on defense. Got to appreciate a player like that.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz