What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

He looks young to me, like he could grow more and fill out nicely.

He was playing for DeMatha's Junior Varsity team as a Sophomore. After one season playing Varsity and a tremendous follow up summer he now sits as the 5th pick in DX's 2017 mock...

Quite a tale, that's a meteoric rise If I've ever seen one.

There's certainly massive upside, He might be able to play PG. He's kind of shows a D'Angelo Russell or even Jamal Murray type of skill-set.. Fultz has the ball on a string, and shows just about all the advanced-ball handling skills you could ask for. He's slippery as can be, and a nightmare matchup to try and stay infront of defensively.

@EvanDaniels
Markelle Fultz, a five-star prospect, will announce his college choice at the Elite 24 this evening, sources confirmed to Scout.

Sounds like Washington.

What a venue for a basketball game!! The rosters are loaded too. One hour til dunk contest and 3pt contest coverage stars on ESPNU. Game is tommorow same time

Elite-24-Feature-Image.jpg

https://www.slamonline.com/college-...-armour-elite-24-preview/#BTpq3eH6Uom4SLZT.97

I really think this is an interesting player for the Jazz, and an interesting case of SF/PF tweener-ism. 6'9 long-armed Memphis commit, Dedric Lawson. who's got guard skills and forward skills; euro steps in transition, he can pass, he can put the ball on the floor, he's a factor on the o-boards, I like his shooting, ability to run the floor, he's got plenty of finesse to his game. Definitely has the look of a 1st round pick in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNi6cFySCqc - highlights almost a yr old.

Josh Pastner will need him to be a major contributor from day 1 for Memphis to regain respectability this year. I was going to post Dedric in 2018. I thought about 2016 as a one and done, which isn't out of the question, He'd have to kill it though.

He's probably best suited as a face-up 4, and I think he's got a chance at really transforming his body to make that happen. I suspect he's grown a bit too since last measured. If he could handle playing SF, i'd like him even more, he's probably slightly bigger than Luol Deng. I'm not sure if Dedric has the lateral quicks to stay with wings on the perimeter though.

Once regarded as a top-20 player in 2016, not too long ago. Dedric re-classfied up a year to enter college the same year as his brother K.J. who's a slightly watered down version of Dedric. (The youngest bro Chandler Is probably the best prospect of the 3). He's now by most services a 4 star recruit somewhere in the 40's of c/o 2015. I just don't get that, and i'm calling BS.

I will keep an eye on the Lawson's for you. People in Memphis dont even wont to talk about Nichols transferring.

That dunk contest was pretty dumb when they just started adding more people to dunk over. Putting an extra short person at the end of the line doesnt make the dunk more impressive.

I will keep an eye on the Lawson's for you. People in Memphis dont even wont to talk about Nichols transferring.

Cool. They're good enough (Lawson Bro's) that I'll be tuning in regularly, Nick Marshall might be a surprise too..

The Nichols situation and the subsequent reaction from Memphis fans is pretty funny. I understand, but really I just don't see reason for all the hysteria.

That dunk contest was pretty dumb when they just started adding more people to dunk over. Putting an extra short person at the end of the line doesnt make the dunk more impressive.

Yup. Jackson won it with a Dunk I've seen him do in games.

I turned it off once Fultz declared. I figure if something really crazy happens in a dunk contest everyone will know it.

Yo PKM. Now that Humphries is on board was wondering If you've got "the scoop". My 3 biggest questions are;

Whats his upside? I suspect he's being a bit undersold in that dept. reading some of the latest articles and comparisons.

How good of a FT shooter is he? 83% on 6 attempts per game at the U16 tournament, is that a fluke?

and a loaded question - Does he compare to Marc Gasol?

De’Aaron Fox played as well as any prospect in the country in July and he certainly didn’t disappoint with the EYBL Select Team.

In fact, playing alongside elite talent allowed Fox to show just how well he can run a basketball team. He set the table when he was in the game, continuously setting up the players in his rotation and playing a very unselfish brand of ball. But that doesn’t mean he can’t score. He knocked down a pull-up three, had a nifty drive and finish and consistently made shots during the competitive practice on Friday.

Fox, who has good size for the point guard position at 6-foot-4, also excels on the defensive end of the floor because of his lateral quickness, length, fast twitch muscles and tremendous athleticism. When talking to a NBA scout in attendance about Fox his defensive prowess is the first thing he brought up.

In all, Fox scored just seven points on 3-for-5 shooting, but he tossed out six assists to just one turnover and ran the team to near perfection when he was in the game.

https://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1577588-eybl-select-team-recap

Yo PKM. Now that Humphries is on board was wondering If you've got "the scoop". My 3 biggest questions are;

Whats his upside? I suspect he's being a bit undersold in that dept. reading some of the latest articles and comparisons.

How good of a FT shooter is he? 83% on 6 attempts per game at the U16 tournament, is that a fluke?

and a loaded question - Does he compare to Marc Gasol?
I've heard a lot of stuff. Nothing that leads me to believe I know anything, though.
Very good rebounder, nice touch to about 16'.
We also have Wynyard coming in December... But I think he not much more than a practice body and maybe some fouls to give, at most.

De’Aaron Fox played as well as any prospect in the country in July and he certainly didn’t disappoint with the EYBL Select Team.

In fact, playing alongside elite talent allowed Fox to show just how well he can run a basketball team. He set the table when he was in the game, continuously setting up the players in his rotation and playing a very unselfish brand of ball. But that doesn’t mean he can’t score. He knocked down a pull-up three, had a nifty drive and finish and consistently made shots during the competitive practice on Friday.

Fox, who has good size for the point guard position at 6-foot-4, also excels on the defensive end of the floor because of his lateral quickness, length, fast twitch muscles and tremendous athleticism. When talking to a NBA scout in attendance about Fox his defensive prowess is the first thing he brought up.

In all, Fox scored just seven points on 3-for-5 shooting, but he tossed out six assists to just one turnover and ran the team to near perfection when he was in the game.

https://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1577588-eybl-select-team-recap
No inside scoop, but I am feeling good about Fox and Bridges.. And Monk too.
I like those three at the 1 - 3.

I've heard a lot of stuff. Nothing that leads me to believe I know anything, though.
Very good rebounder, nice touch to about 16'.

Coo. I actually don't hate the Josh Harrelson comp that Coach Cal made. I think he's obviously bigger, and its fair to assume He's way better than Harrelson was at a similar age.. I'm gonna speculate that he ends up drafted somewhere around the 20th pick though.

We also have Wynyard coming in December... But I think he not much more than a practice body and maybe some fouls to give, at most.

Was gonna ask about him next. Most importantly; What do you make of his mid-range game? IMO it will be critically important to his success moving forward for higher levels of comp.

I've sifted thru just about all the easily accessible footage on Wynward around. I've also seen his dad win a few woodchopping events, which are totally badass. Tai's obviously got a ton of core strength already. You see defenders bouncing off of him, and he doesn't even budge..

Can't say I like his NBA prospects as much as Humphries though, 6'10 in shoes, and 6'10 wingspan is a pretty big shortcoming to overcome in the NBA. I do like his chances at getting drafted though. Seems like a 2nd round pick though.

Is he viewed as a 4 year player? I feel like he might be able to drum up a solid 2nd rd promise earlier than that.

Coo. I actually don't hate the Josh Harrelson comp that Coach Cal made. I think he's obviously bigger, and its fair to assume He's way better than Harrelson was at a similar age.. I'm gonna speculate that he ends up drafted somewhere around the 20th pick though.

Was gonna ask about him next. Most importantly; What do you make of his mid-range game? IMO it will be critically important to his success moving forward for higher levels of comp.

I've sifted thru just about all the easily accessible footage on Wynward around. I've also seen his dad win a few woodchopping events, which are totally badass. Tai's obviously got a ton of core strength already. You see defenders bouncing off of him, and he doesn't even budge..

Can't say I like his NBA prospects as much as Humphries though, 6'10 in shoes, and 6'10 wingspan is a pretty big shortcoming to overcome in the NBA. I do like his chances at getting drafted though. Seems like a 2nd round pick though.

Is he viewed as a 4 year player? I feel like he might be able to drum up a solid 2nd rd promise earlier than that.
He's very raw and has a pretty limited upside to boot. He is currently viewed as a 4 year player and there is even chatter about him redshirting this upcoming half-season.

No inside scoop, but I am feeling good about Fox and Bridges.. And Monk too.
I like those three at the 1 - 3.

That dunk from Bridges a few posts up, might be one of my favorite dunks ever. I've replayed it at least 30 times already. Its worse than this one that Cal saw live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxV-Nyxv5Y

6'9" Serbian Sharpshooter, Borisa Simanic really looks the part of a stretch 4, seems to have a decent frame and long arms too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh7BcksWENM

Simanic and 6'8" wing Aleksa Radanov also born in '98, who shows some combo skills are the best Serbian prospects IMO. Rade Zagorac('95) is draftable(late 2nd rd) too.