What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Admittedly, I've never seen the kid play but his stats, despite having a killer body and all this athleticism and explosiveness of which pgab speaks, have to be very concerning.

14.0 points per 40. Awful.
56.4% from floor. Meh.
53.5% from line. Awful.
12.4 rebounds per 40. Okay.
0.6 assists per 40. Awful.

All of that is underwhelming for me for a kid who is that great of a specimen and likely won't develop much more physically. I don't expect killer stats but he should stand out more in some way, especially considering the pace at which UCLA plays.

Skal averaged 16.7 PPG, 8 RPG, 0.8 APG on 51.6% shooting per 40 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

DX has him at #10 in their 2018 mock draft. I don't know what people are missing.

He's not a bad prospect. I'd spend a first for him and hope he becomes something like DeAndre Jordan. I just think Adebayo is better. And Skal is miles ahead of both.

First times I'm posting in this thread

What are ppl saying we should do with the picks we have in this draft

Luke Kennard
T.J. Leaf

Both will probably be gone by the time we pick though.

I seem to be in the minority but I love Jawun Evans and he would be nice insurance against Hill leaving. Harry Giles would be an amazing pick if he fell as well.

Again - I did. Now what?

You said it yourself he's a good prospect. I think he's better than Adebayo and we can agree to disagree. You'd spend a first on him and I would as well. Both are first-rounders and are really close in value, imo.

If someone tells me thIs kid has only been playing ball for like 2-3 years, then okay, I'm buying. Otherwise...

Have I mentioned Skai in this thread?

His point is that we look at his stats and judge him by them instead of looking at his tools and traits and skill(NONEXISTANT IMO!!!). I agree with seattlejazzfan that he's all potential. This was not true with Skal. Skal had incredibly diverse offensive game and great shooting touch. Anigbogu will never have that. RIght now he's big athletic stiff. Nothing more. Bam has much more skill and basketball awareness than Anigbogu. He's probably not as long as him, but he's every bit the athlete Anigbogu is.