What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

@DraftExpress
Source: Baylor's Johnathan Motley out 4-8 weeks after MCL surgery. Tore it vs South Carolina, but kept playing. No NBA Draft decision yet.

@DraftExpress
Motley projected by teams to be drafted somewhere in 25-45 range in what's becoming a very crowded draft for big men. Turns 22 next month.

@DraftExpress
Motley really struggled in the Sweet 16 vs South Carolina, but that makes a lot more sense now considering he was playing on a torn MCL...

Kennard is more like shorter, less athletic Hayward and not like Reddick IMO.

I like him. Not sure just how bad he will be on D. Seemed PRETTY BAD in college.

there was a lot of people casting the same aspersions on Reddick's defense predraft tho..

ofc many a Duke fan swore he was gonna be better than CP3, but thats a different story..

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball told the Orange County Register. “I told Lonzo – ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

The three white guys Ball is alluding to — T.J. Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh — combined to score 39 points against the Wildcats in Memphis. De’Aaron Fox scored 39 points with Lonzo Ball as his primary defender, who finished with 10 points and 4 turnovers.

The “white guys” comment will get the most attention, but you can’t quickly brush aside the “bad hamstring” excuse. Sure, Ball was limping around a little bit at the end of the game, but Lonzo didn’t claim that he injured his hamstring during the game. LaVar waited a few weeks before giving his son an excuse.

“People thought he was giving up, but he popped his hamstring,” LaVar Ball said. “He said ‘I was trying to run, but my hamstring was pulled.’ But he’s never going to make excuses.”

C80h_naXsAA3K6g.jpg

Huge move for the conference and WSU.. The Shockers are projected to be a top-10 team next year.

Kennard is more like shorter, less athletic Hayward and not like Reddick IMO.

I like him. Not sure just how bad he will be on D. Seemed PRETTY BAD in college.

Not sure a shorter less athletic Hayward is in the league though. I think he's way less athletic too... Hayward is a good athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4iKVGqJlD8

Look at the footwork, in that regard he's like Hayward. There's very few players in this draft quite that astute.

One of the only players better in the field at that stuff is his teammate Jayson Tatum (who's the player I've been saying is closest to Hayward).

Look at the pump-fake too.. I betcha Larry Bird like's his pump-fake... Not only can he getcha with it he makes ya pay.. Being left-handed has gotta help some too..

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball told the Orange County Register. “I told Lonzo – ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

The three white guys Ball is alluding to — T.J. Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh — combined to score 39 points against the Wildcats in Memphis. De’Aaron Fox scored 39 points with Lonzo Ball as his primary defender, who finished with 10 points and 4 turnovers.

The “white guys” comment will get the most attention, but you can’t quickly brush aside the “bad hamstring” excuse. Sure, Ball was limping around a little bit at the end of the game, but Lonzo didn’t claim that he injured his hamstring during the game. LaVar waited a few weeks before giving his son an excuse.

“People thought he was giving up, but he popped his hamstring,” LaVar Ball said. “He said ‘I was trying to run, but my hamstring was pulled.’ But he’s never going to make excuses.”

Hopefully this sideshow ends soon. Shabazz Muhammeds dad had a big mouth too until the NBA cut his son down to size real fast.

Not sure a shorter less athletic Hayward is in the league though. I think he's way less athletic too... Hayward is a good athlete.

Exactly. I'm not too certain about his transition. I really really like his skill-level. He does all the small things that Hayward does to create space when it comes to fakes, change of directions and speed, even mid-stride. It's quite beautiful to watch. He just looked really overmatched on the defensive end. I think that's where his main troubles will be.

Exactly. I'm not too certain about his transition. I really really like his skill-level. He does all the small things that Hayward does to create space when it comes to fakes, change of directions and speed, even mid-stride. It's quite beautiful to watch. He just looked really overmatched on the defensive end. I think that's where his main troubles will be.

Some aspects of his game actually remind me of Hornacek.

Ze Germans showed well at the hoop Summit. World team probably wins if Ntilikina's there (tho Lindell Wigginton played admirably)

that was some game... so much talent on the floor.

Hartenstein was grabbing key contested rebounds late and he really didn't do anything stupid, honestly they should've been getting him the ball more down the stretch, dudes taking contested 3's while he's on the weakside doing jumping jacks trying to call for the rock.

Mushidi showed out, he was on fire from 3 and appeared to be talking **** LOL.

Borisa Simanic got trashed, he really needs to add weight. was just a step behind throughout.. He tried to throw a pass over JArred Vanderbilts head from the perimeter and JV, quick as a cat, jumped up and snatched it immediately. looked like a bird of prey...

Felipe Dos Anjos was a mixed bag.. that kid needs to get real coaches someone needs to get him out of Brazil.... he's got the talent those teams were massive (like 6'8 avg height) and he was towering over the field, had one nice block where he stepped up in the paint and just engulfed a floater. Very next play tho he had an unforced turnover on a d-reb with no one around him he traveled. then there was also him catching a pass with both feet out of bounds, in that dunk position on the baseline right where the paint starts, for some odd reason he was setup there with both feet out of bounds, and someone passed it to him.

Mo Bamba looks like the #1 pick and it might not even be close. Coach Cal was on the $$$ a while back "The next Anthony Davis"

Hartenstein plays and runs hunched over.. Its kinda a lot like Dzanan Musa.. Definitely makes him look shorter than he is at times out there..

Hartenstein plays and runs hunched over.. Its kinda a lot like Dzanan Musa.. Definitely makes him look shorter than he is at times out there..

Maybe a side effect of his nimbleness. How many guys bis size can handle the ball like he can and do eurosteps and all kinds of change of direction?

Mushidi is very 'confident' from what I'm hearing.

Maybe a side effect of his nimbleness. How many guys bis size can handle the ball like he can and do eurosteps and all kinds of change of direction?

Mushidi is very 'confident' from what I'm hearing.

LOL, these teams were both talking ****, Sedekerskis barked something at Mo Bamba early in the game headed to timeout..

Thats how an exhibition game is supposed to be played tho the ASG was a joke compared to that.. Hoops Summit is by-far my favorite event of the offseason and this one was epic.

On the other forum I post on, it's mostly college/HS basketball fans, people were making comments about Mushidi talking ****. On the last 3 he made u can see him whip his head around and bark something at the defender.. I love it.

Jarred Vanderbilt stole the ****ing show too, his passing was perfect.. I brought him up here at least 3 years ago... maybe 4.. He was the first player in this class mentioned on JFC

This was the video I posted, it's from late 2013.. He was obviously can't miss back then.. still is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Dwvo62MhM

Always thought he had a little Tracy McGrady to his game... Turns out he's a supreme swiss army knife.. He's such a ball-hawk that people have kinda typecast him into that role.. He can do it all, including play guard IMO.

ESPN having him at #23 in the class is a joke. Thats 'prospect fatigue' if I've seen it.

They also have Wendell Carter still rated over Bamba.. which is a joke too.

@Devonte_Graham4
I would just like to announce to all my family, friends, & fans that I'm coming back to school for my senior Yr
4:28 PM - 9 Apr 2017

Indiana sophomore OG Anunoby will forgo his final two seasons of college eligibility, declaring for the NBA draft and signing with an agent, multiple sources told ESPN.

Anunoby would be a jackpot scenario to fall to the Jazz pick. Wont happen tho. Would be a valuable asset if Hayward departs.