What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I think he will be in the first round in this year's draft too.

Somehow I dont think he does. What team with a draft pick from 20 to 30 takes him?

Blazers got a center, Thunder have two high contract centers, Nets seem to be going with high upside players, Raptors have 3 centers, Jazz got Gobert, and Magic have two high contract centers.

Lakers or Spurs could be a possibility. Lakers have Zubac though, so IDK how likely they are to go to a center. Spurs could go for him I guess. And I guess the Blazers could take him too, though they are probably all in on the Nurkic train and they have Vonleh/Leonard backing him up.

There are just so many bigs in this draft that if he falls past a certain point, it's not inconceivable that he drops all the way to teh 2nd round.

I think after workouts, Bam's range will be 12-18. He'll go in the teens after Zach Collins and around the same time as Patton. That'd be my prediction. Chad Ford currently has him at 23.

I'd guess all these talents that have recently committed are hearing that they're in the first round--Jackson, Adebayo, probably Diallo, etc., and that's why they're committing.

Just compiling some of the measurements of guys I like. Say if you want anybody else added.

PlayerHeightWeightWingspanStanding ReachLane AgilityShuttle Run3/4 SprintStanding VertMax Vert
Frank Jackson6'2''201.66'7.5''8'2''10.942.703.1435.542
Hamidou Diallo6'3.75''197.46'11.25''8'5.5''10.882.793.1134.544.5
Peter Jok6'4.25''202.46'8''8'6''11.342.933.4126.531
Wesley Iwundu6'5.5''193.47'1''8'9.5''11.253.233.3631.536
Nigel Hayes6'6.25''254.27'3.25''8'8.5''11.812.943.272933.5
Harry Giles6'9.25''2327'3.25''9'1.5''11.083.003.342732.5
Bam Adebayo6'8.75''242.67'2.75''9'0''11.943.243.2433.538.5
Ike Anigbogu6'8.5''252.27'6.25''9'2.5''12.523.483.4429.532.5

-Jackson measured out great across the board, Diallo as well.
-Bit disappointed in Iwundu's quickness stuff.
-Giles explosiveness got dinged, but he's measuring out at the speed of a wing, which is very nice to see.

We need to drastically improve on our athleticism and shooting. So a guard like Frank jackaon is intriguing. I'd also like to find a replacement for CJ. We need someone who can make shot, not just take them.

He hit 2 ft line area jumpers in Game 1.

I'm thinking Bell could end up a better version of Nerlens Noel.

How quickly people forget there are two ends of the court. Defensively, the kid is so quick to rotate, help, and get off the floor to block or alter shots, I think he could be what Faves was on that end, maybe better even. He's a little slight but as the league goes small ball, I'm not sure that matters much, and he also could add a little weight/strength over time anyway.

On the offensive end, I'm not sure he offers anything different than Rudy. Cleaning up the glass for offensive putbacks, alleyoops, like that. But I think teams will be hard-pressed to find this good of a passing big who can also play defense. Kid has a high iq.

I'm really high on him in the 2nd round.

I'm thinking Bell could end up a better version of Nerlens Noel.

How quickly people forget there are two ends of the court. Defensively, the kid is so quick to rotate, help, and get off the floor to block or alter shots, I think he could be what Faves was on that end, maybe better even. He's a little slight but as the league goes small ball, I'm not sure that matters much, and he also could add a little weight/strength over time anyway.

On the offensive end, I'm not sure he offers anything different than Rudy. Cleaning up the glass for offensive putbacks, alleyoops, like that. But I think teams will be hard-pressed to find this good of a passing big who can also play defense. Kid has a high iq.

I'm really high on him in the 2nd round.

Ehh, I dont like that comparison at all. They arent even in the same area code of physical measurements. Noel is potentially a starting center on a good team. I think Jordan Bell is a backup energy big who can provide some weakside help, but not a true rim protector like Noel.

cy you make me laugh you are so hell bent on the idea that Bam is nothing more then center you refuse to see anything else. He could easily play PF for a lot of teams and he could play PF next to leonard any day on portland. All he needs to become a full time PF in the league is a jump shot out to 18'.

as far as jeanne goes his profile is all potential. Tell me how many 7-2 players can move as easily as he can? sure he needs ALOT of strength but he offers a lot of upside. Team will have to do their homework but I could see him going in the 20s.

Frank Jackson is my pick at 24. I wouldnt want to wait until 20 as there are a number of teams that could steal him before 30. namely the spurs at 29.

Jordan Bell is hard for me as I watched the championship game and was dumbfounded on how he was out rebounded down the stretch to lose the game for his team.

I am very surprised that the Jazz interviewed Zach Collins. He is projected way out of the Jazz range. It would take a pretty big trade to get him. What does DL have up his sleeve. Z Collins playing next to gobert would be amazing.

cy you make me laugh you are so hell bent on the idea that Bam is nothing more then center you refuse to see anything else. He could easily play PF for a lot of teams and he could play PF next to leonard any day on portland. All he needs to become a full time PF in the league is a jump shot out to 18'.

as far as jeanne goes his profile is all potential. Tell me how many 7-2 players can move as easily as he can? sure he needs ALOT of strength but he offers a lot of upside. Team will have to do their homework but I could see him going in the 20s.

Frank Jackson is my pick at 24. I wouldnt want to wait until 20 as there are a number of teams that could steal him before 30. namely the spurs at 29.

Jordan Bell is hard for me as I watched the championship game and was dumbfounded on how he was out rebounded down the stretch to lose the game for his team.

I am very surprised that the Jazz interviewed Zach Collins. He is projected way out of the Jazz range. It would take a pretty big trade to get him. What does DL have up his sleeve. Z Collins playing next to gobert would be amazing.

He is nothing more than a center. Sure, he can play next to a stretch 5, but that doesn't change the fact is best suited as a center (I specifically said Portland *could* be one of the teams that draft him). He can work all he wants on having a jump shot but he needs to butter his bread with energy and athleticism on the boards and hustling. That is why I dont like him. When I watch him I dont see the hunger to be that kind of player. I think he wants to try to expand his game and be a more complete player rather than just focusing on being the best at the skill-set his body caters him towards.

I mean, look at Millsap. Yes eventually he did expand his game and become much more than his original projections, but during his first few years he focused on being the best version of what he was best at entering the NBA. I dont see that same commitment to the little things from Bam that will get him court time in a league that is constantly giving less minutes to big men and opting to play more wing minutes.

Just compiling some of the measurements of guys I like. Say if you want anybody else added.

PlayerHeightWeightWingspanStanding ReachLane AgilityShuttle Run3/4 SprintStanding VertMax Vert
Frank Jackson6'2''201.66'7.5''8'2''10.942.703.1435.542
Hamidou Diallo6'3.75''197.46'11.25''8'5.5''10.882.793.1134.544.5
Peter Jok6'4.25''202.46'8''8'6''11.342.933.4126.531
Wesley Iwundu6'5.5''193.47'1''8'9.5''11.253.233.3631.536
Nigel Hayes6'6.25''254.27'3.25''8'8.5''11.812.943.272933.5
Harry Giles6'9.25''2327'3.25''9'1.5''11.083.003.342732.5
Bam Adebayo6'8.75''242.67'2.75''9'0''11.943.243.2433.538.5
Ike Anigbogu6'8.5''252.27'6.25''9'2.5''12.523.483.4429.532.5

-Jackson measured out great across the board, Diallo as well.
-Bit disappointed in Iwundu's quickness stuff.
-Giles explosiveness got dinged, but he's measuring out at the speed of a wing, which is very nice to see.

Giles leaping ability tested out similar to Kanter's. Yikes. I give him credit for doing the drills though.

Not that interviewing a player at the combine is the best indication that a trade is on the table, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jazz move Favors to help relieve the cap pressure they're under. They were exploring deals for him at the trade deadline and kept him for their playoff run. Paying someone $14M to essentially be a back-up center isn't going to work for the Jazz going forward.

Zach Collins on rookie scale playing the 4/5 either with or without Gobert has to look attractive. Favors probably has enough value to get that done for a team looking to win sooner.

If the Jazz traded both their first round picks to move up, it could get them to something like 17 or maybe 16, given how much talent is available at the end of the first round. That wouldn't be in Zach Collins' range.