What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Is there any possible way this lottery is rigged?
I dont know how stuff works here, thats why just asking. Boston 1, Lakers 2...

Somebody needs to make the calculation about how much over/under expected value all NBA teams are running in the lottery. I would bet teams like Boston and the Lakers are running like gods in the lottery.

So Philly has Simmons, Saric, Embiid and now Josh Jackson?

Bugger.

And Luwawu and Korky who has been killing it in Europe and may be coming over this year. And Covington who is an unheralded 3 and d guy.

And they have their 1st and the Lakers 1st next year.

from new CBS Sports mock

Jazz

Caleb Swanigan, PF, Purdue: Short vent session here: I've heard enough about how Swanigan's body, size and athleticism aren't NBA-ready. It's BS. This is a guy who is one of the hardest workers I've been around in college basketball, both off the court and on. He understands what his primary role will be in the NBA: As a rebounder who outworks his opponents. No, he doesn't fit into the nice pretty box of what we think of as NBA power forwards. But he's such a high-character guy with so much tangible and intangible basketball talent that he'll absolutely become a positive presence on a winning basketball team.

I really hope we get that Diallo kid. He is bright.
Also, i dont think Monk will be that low and Jeanne that high.

I really expect Brooklyn to take him. He is a NYC kid and the potential is there. Brooklyn should be looking to swing for the fences. Only way I see them passing on him if Giles is available at 22. I see them taking him or Giles. Those, in theory, should be the two highest potential players in that range. Maybe Jeanne too.

What about Rudy 2.0 for a backup?

91a3d2f352bd19c81a92057d9fe8a422.jpg
4c410bcd729c25d7a92f5298aa0b55b9.jpg

They have him at 29th and we pick 30th

We know how to develop a tall skinny shotblocker

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

from new CBS Sports mock

Jazz

Caleb Swanigan, PF, Purdue: Short vent session here: I've heard enough about how Swanigan's body, size and athleticism aren't NBA-ready. It's BS. This is a guy who is one of the hardest workers I've been around in college basketball, both off the court and on. He understands what his primary role will be in the NBA: As a rebounder who outworks his opponents. No, he doesn't fit into the nice pretty box of what we think of as NBA power forwards. But he's such a high-character guy with so much tangible and intangible basketball talent that he'll absolutely become a positive presence on a winning basketball team.

Swanigan is probably in play at 30. I dont think he is a PF though. He was a defensive liability at center in college. If the Jazz are linked to Donatas Motiejunas as a UFA, then Swanigan, potentially, could provide a lot of what Donatas provides in a less injury prone/younger/more upside package.

When I look at mock's I wonder if Swanigan will get taken higher. In a draft full of big men, he does standout as having unique skills desired in today's NBA. The problem is he is Big Al on D without the ability to block shots.

Last edited:
Chad Ford's first mock draft after the lottery last night has some interesting picks..

Malik Monk at 3

Luke Kennard at 12

Harry Giles at 14

Justin Jackson at 21

Tony Bradley at 24

Frank Jackson at 25

Johnathan Jeanne at 29

Moritz Wagner at 30

He basically said Wagner will probably go back to school but he played decent at the combine. Said there would be some intrigue since he has German passport which means he could be a draft-and-stash prospect.

I don't like Bradley or Wagner at all with our picks though. Things will change once he gets more intel for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Just watched the highlight videos for the top 6-7 players. They all look pretty damn good. This draft is stacked. To me the guys that stood out were Fultz and Johnson.

Somebody needs to make the calculation about how much over/under expected value all NBA teams are running in the lottery. I would bet teams like Boston and the Lakers are running like gods in the lottery.

It worked out well for the league didn't it? The Lakers jump to 2nd so they keep their pick and can take Lonzo Ball if they want. Philly doesn't get the Lakers pick this year, but gets Sacramento's in the top 3. The Celtics get the #1 pick so they can keep it or trade it and compete with the Cavs in the diluted Eastern Conference. All is right with the world.

If I were the commissioner, I wouldn't leave the lottery to pure chance. The media value of having a star player in big markets is too high, and the league needs that revenue. That said, whatever happens, the league always has plausible deniability. Those teams had good odds of getting those picks.

Chad Ford's first mock draft after the lottery last night has some interesting picks..

Malik Monk at 3

Luke Kennard at 12

Harry Giles at 14

Justin Jackson at 21

Tony Bradley at 24

Frank Jackson at 25

Johnathan Jeanne at 29

Moritz Wagner at 30

He basically said Wagner will probably go back to school but he played decent at the combine. Said there would be some intrigue since he has German passport which means he could be a draft-and-stash prospect.

I don't like Bradley or Wagner at all with our picks though. Things will change once he gets more intel for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

LOL if the Jazz take Wagner at 30.

It worked out well for the league didn't it? The Lakers jump to 2nd so they keep their pick and can take Lonzo Ball if they want. Philly doesn't get the Lakers pick this year, but gets Sacramento's in the top 3. The Celtics get the #1 pick so they can keep it or trade it and compete with the Cavs in the diluted Eastern Conference. All is right with the world.

If I were the commissioner, I wouldn't leave the lottery to pure chance. The media value of having a star player in big markets is too high, and the league needs that revenue. That said, whatever happens, the league always has plausible deniability. Those teams had good odds of getting those picks.

So why didnt the Knicks get into the top 3? Them getting the #1 pick is the best as far as helping big markets. NYC is the biggest market in the world and they have been terrible for the past 2 decades. If the NBA had any reason to rig the lottery, it would be to help the Knicks.

So why didnt the Knicks get into the top 3? Them getting the #1 pick is the best as far as helping big markets. NYC is the biggest market in the world and they have been terrible for the past 2 decades. If the NBA had any reason to rig the lottery, it would be to help the Knicks.
And with KP they have a legit young star to build with.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk