What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I like White and Evans... I just think its funny Cy locks on to one guy and then the others are trash. I'd be happy with either.

as of 5:56 6/8/2017 my picks would be (based on DX mock)

#24 - Semi Ojeleye

#30 - Jordan Bell

#42 - Frank Jackson

#44 - Sindarius Thornwell

This would be the roster before Free agency

exum, neto
Hood, Jackson, Thornwell
johnson, Ojeleye
Favors, Bell, Lyles
Gobert, Bolomboy

I'd be ECSTATIC with that draft. I'd be happy with Ojeleye, Bell or Jackson at 24. To leave the draft with all three would be fantastic.

Could do either... you may not be able to monitor the situation as tightly in Europe... I also don't know if the guy can play out there.

The two way contracts also won't be that great... Only guys in the late second round or undrafted guys will consider them. Even some of the more desirable undrafted guys likely turn them down. They have more of a chance making real money not being owned by one exclusive team.

IDK maybe. I'm not sure how Marfan Syndrome works exactly and what can be done.

IDK maybe. I'm not sure how Marfan Syndrome works exactly and what can be done.

Me neither... Austin is now cleared, so maybe it is just constant monitoring... maybe if they figure out a program (medical or otherwise) that they are confident in him being safe to play.

You won't get a better upside potential out of a two-way than Jeanne... i think there will be more Chris Johnson's on two-ways than prospects that could be big hits.

Me neither... Austin is now cleared, so maybe it is just constant monitoring... maybe if they figure out a program (medical or otherwise) that they are confident in him being safe to play.

You won't get a better upside potential out of a two-way than Jeanne... i think there will be more Chris Johnson's on two-ways than prospects that could be big hits.

I just have serious doubts you can really add weight/strength if you have Marfan Syndrome. The big thing to him every becoming a NBA player was probably adding at least 20 lbs.

I think that is one in the same thing right now.

Players who can beat the Warriors are 2-way players, and those are the players everyone wants. It's not like anyone you draft to beat the Warriors is going to be useless against the 28 other teams.

The example I used was Jordan Bell. I think Jordan Bell would potentially be a perfect backup center to combat Warriors lineups where Draymond Green plays center. I think that would be a good pick if you want to win a championship. I think Bell could come in Day 1 and play 10-15 mpg backup center against the growing trend of teams playing small ball centers, especially against a team like the Warriors.

Guys like Jeanne, Pazenicks, or whoever might be a higher potential center due to size, but they aren't as good of fits to give the Jazz versatility to beat the Warriors and other teams that go to small ball lineups.

Yall are being dumb if you are saying picking with the thought of "Does this player help us beat the Warriors" is a bad idea. It's a great idea.

I'm pretty sure the Jazz will be getting a player like this for next season. Trevor Booker was that guy before, and picking a guy like Bolomboy in the 2nd round is hoping he can be that guy in a couple years. I'm confident management sees that Diaw and Lyles are made of Charmin, and that they need to upgrade there for next season.

I just have serious doubts you can really add weight/strength if you have Marfan Syndrome. The big thing to him every becoming a NBA player was probably adding at least 20 lbs.

I wasn't a fan in the first place... if this is the case then complete pass. Even at 55 there are potential 3-D guys to take a chance on.

as of 5:56 6/8/2017 my picks would be (based on DX mock)

#24 - Semi Ojeleye

#30 - Jordan Bell

#42 - Frank Jackson

#44 - Sindarius Thornwell

This would be the roster before Free agency

exum, neto
Hood, Jackson, Thornwell
johnson, Ojeleye
Favors, Bell, Lyles
Gobert, Bolomboy

How did you manage to draft at #44 when our last pick is #55?

sad about Jeanne. i admit Juwan Evans is an interesting prospect, but i'd be a lot more comfortable with him if he weren't so poor finishing around the rim. when you already have your size working against you, that is a big deal. if he were a better finisher, that would negate some of the size concern. instead it compounds it. and for a fan base that has been burned by Burke, that a tough pill to swallow.

without Jeanne, i probably go

24 - Semi
30 - Bell
42 - Peters - if not available, probably take Hart, Brooks, Bolden or Dozier
55 - hope Hart drops, then Thornwell, NWG or Morris, with Bacon perhaps in the mix

without Jeanne, i probably go

24 - Semi
30 - Bell
42 - Peters - if not available, probably take Hart, Brooks, Bolden or Dozier
55 - hope Hart drops, then Thornwell, NWG or Morris, with Bacon perhaps in the mix

I think you have to draft Bell before Semi if you really want Semi and Bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR1ny61Yl_Y

Pick #55

I'm partly convinced the Jazz will take a Euro with 55. Makes sense to start building up the draft rights pool with young players. Slavica is one of the few Euro wings in this draft with actual athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzlrmcNWfo

This is another guy we had in for a workout from Europe. He might be heavily underrated right now. He has better per-40 stats than Frank N (both play in same league), and he is only a half year older. He doesnt have Frank's freakish length, but he isn't small. According to this video he is 6'3 with a 6'8 wingspan. He is also 2nd all time in French guard scoring in FIBA U20, only behind Tony Parker, but ahead of guys like Nando de Colo and Evan Fournier.

Would be a good draft and stash guy at 42 or 55. Plays in a good league for a good team while getting good minutes (21 per game this year). Could come over a year or two after being drafted, especially if Exum flames out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzlrmcNWfo

This is another guy we had in for a workout from Europe. He might be heavily underrated right now. He has better per-40 stats than Frank N (both play in same league), and he is only a half year older. He doesnt have Frank's freakish length, but he isn't small. According to this video he is 6'3 with a 6'8 wingspan. He is also 2nd all time in French guard scoring in FIBA U20, only behind Tony Parker, but ahead of guys like Nando de Colo and Evan Fournier.

Would be a good draft and stash guy at 42 or 55. Plays in a good league for a good team while getting good minutes (21 per game this year). Could come over a year or two after being drafted, especially if Exum flames out.

I would love him at 55.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app