What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I'm trying to look at things objectively. I think the Jazz are going to have a vigorous debate about Lydon vs. Wilson for #24. Wilson is taller and longer. Wilson has better athleticism. But Lydon shoots better, shoots a higher volume, rebounds better and is less injury prone. There are going to be people on both sides of this debate, but I'm pretty sure Lydon wowed people in his workout. There's something to be said for a guy who can shoot 5 3s per game and make 39% or 40%. The Jazz really don't have that right now. Lydon is a pretty ideal kick-out option if Hayward and Gobert are playing pick-and-roll and he can do some athletic things off the ball.

I like Leaf too personally, but I have questions about his footspeed, his defense, and whether he'll be on the board at #24.

Last edited:
Matthias Lessort is a really tough mufa. He can defend in the paint tenaciously, go hard to the boards and can compete physically with a guy like Draymond. He's a good athlete, and while Bell is probably a better athlete overall, Lessort can score efficiently and hit some mid-range jumpers. Lessort could play either the 4 or 5 off the bench.

I think the Jazz are going to have another vigorous debate surrounding Bell, Lessort and Tony Bradley, and I can see Lessort winning that debate. Namely, I don't think Bradley's upside is enough to be worth waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH2Pnz-HXjQ

I'm not a fan of taking Lydon in the first round. I see his upside as being a role player off of the bench.

I'm starting to really like this guy at #55. Former RSCI #14 prospect out of high school. AAU teammate of Ben Simmons. Playing at LSU with no one to pass the ball to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480paIzex9A&t=131s

I like Blakeney too. I think he's probably better than most late second round guards.

The Salt City Hoops guys like Frank Jackson for the Jazz at #24 and like Ojeleye at #30. This is their mock draft ---

1. Bos - Fultz
2. LAL - Ball
3. Phi - Josh Jackson
4. Phx - Fox
5. Sac - Tatum
6. Orl - Issac
7. Min - Markkanen
8. NYK - Smith Jr.
9. Dal - Ntilikina
10. Sac - Monk
11. Cha - Mitchell
12. Det - Kennard
13. Den - Anunoby
14. Mia - Zach Collins
15. Por - Leaf
16. Chi - Justin Jackson
17. Mil - Giles
18. Ind - Ferguson
19. Atl - Anigbogu
20. Por - John Collins
21. Okc - Evans
22. BK - Pasecniks
23. Tor - Hartenstein
24. Uta - Frank Jackson
25. Orl - Allen
26. Por - White
27. BK - Patton
28. LAL - Adebayo
29. SA - Bell
30. Uta - Ojeleye

There are just so many bigs, that in their mock Wilson, Lydon and Rabb all got pushed to the 2nd round.

The Salt City Hoops guys like Frank Jackson for the Jazz at #24 and like Ojeleye at #30. This is their mock draft ---

1. Bos - Fultz
2. LAL - Ball
3. Phi - Josh Jackson
4. Phx - Fox
5. Sac - Tatum
6. Orl - Issac
7. Min - Markkanen
8. NYK - Smith Jr.
9. Dal - Ntilikina
10. Sac - Monk
11. Cha - Mitchell
12. Det - Kennard
13. Den - Anunoby
14. Mia - Zach Collins
15. Por - Leaf
16. Chi - Justin Jackson
17. Mil - Giles
18. Ind - Ferguson
19. Atl - Anigbogu
20. Por - John Collins
21. Okc - Evans
22. BK - Pasecniks
23. Tor - Hartenstein
24. Uta - Frank Jackson
25. Orl - Allen
26. Por - White
27. BK - Patton
28. LAL - Adebayo
29. SA - Bell
30. Uta - Ojeleye

There are just so many bigs, that in their mock Wilson, Lydon and Rabb all got pushed to the 2nd round.

There is so many things wrong with that mock. The biggest one is no Kuzma in the first-round at all?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

1. Bos - Fultz
2. LAL - Ball
3. Phi - Josh Jackson
4. Phx - Fox
5. Sac - Tatum
6. Orl - Issac
7. Min - Markkanen
8. NYK - Smith Jr.
9. Dal - Ntilikina
10. Sac - Monk
11. Cha - Mitchell
12. Det - Kennard
13. Den - Anunoby
14. Mia - Zach Collins
15. Por - Leaf
16. Chi - Justin Jackson
17. Mil - Giles
18. Ind - Ferguson
19. Atl - Anigbogu
20. Por - John Collins
21. Okc - Evans
22. BK - Pasecniks
23. Tor - Hartenstein
24. Uta - Frank Jackson
25. Orl - Allen
26. Por - White
27. BK - Patton
28. LAL - Adebayo
29. SA - Bell
30. Uta - Ojeleye

I'd be very happy with that. Then Sterling Brown in the second round.

I'm pretty high on Jordan Bell. There aren't many prospects with elite skills. I think Bell is one though. He'd be great to have vs GS has an improving midrange game and postup game, and sees the floor well, but his biggest asset is his defense. He was one of the best in College, and with his athletic ability, I see his defense transfering to the NBA game. I think I like him over Ferguson. I'd take him at 24.

There is so many things wrong with that mock. The biggest one is no Kuzma in the first-round at all?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They brought up Kuzma and laughed. Basically this is the kind of mock that happens when 3 dudes just started following the draft on Monday and have just watched the highlight videos of dudes DX has done scouting videos on, mixed in with the Utah bias towards Frank Jackson.