What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

An offense can involve more than 2 players....

The way you open your half court is still defining your identity, and a Pick and Roll heavy offense has two guys primarily involved. The play allows the rest of your playbook to unfold. Fultz and Simmons are two players that have written PnR all over them.

The way you open your half court is still defining your identity, and a Pick and Roll heavy offense has two guys primarily involved. The play allows the rest of your playbook to unfold. Fultz and Simmons are two players that have written PnR all over them.

And Embiid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzYv-DClzE

He seems to be self-aware, unlike Bam(who wants to be a stretch 4??). He said he wants to be like Draymond defensively and like Tristan Thompson offensively. I think that's a pretty good goal for him.

Who do yall predict will have thebetter career, fox or ball?

Ball. I have my concerns about Ball's transition to the NBA. His shot mechanics, his low free throw attempt rate, his lack of a midrange game at this point, and his iso ability is a question mark. But I have bigger concerns with Fox. I can't find one PG in the recent NBA who shot 3's as poorly as he did in college and had any type of sustained success in the NBA. 24.6% is historically bad. And it's not like he was great in high school either, he was 34% for his career. I'm also concerned about his size. 170 pounds with a super thin frame. He may struggle to put on weight. That lack of size and jumpshot could lead to him taking a beating in the paint. I wouldn't take Fox in the top 10 personally.

And Embiid.

I couldn't find numbers with a quick google search, but highlights and some non-quantitative sports journalists both indicate that the majority of his offense came from post ups/isos. The rest is mainly pick and pop, transition and offensive rebounds.
Why would anyone play a Simmons - Embiid PnR? The teams would switch and be fine with it. If you take Fultz and Embiid together, then Simmons guy is gonna help around the basket so the whole concept revolves around creating confusion to create an open 3, while the same confusion when Embiid is involved could cause his guy to help inside and have Embiid attacking a close out, transition into a face up or take a shot. The question is if Embiid isn't too good to do that stuff. There are lesser talents that are good enough to fill such a limited role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzYv-DClzE

He seems to be self-aware, unlike Bam(who wants to be a stretch 4??). He said he wants to be like Draymond defensively and like Tristan Thompson offensively. I think that's a pretty good goal for him.

I dont think I can will myself to root for a NBA player who list the 3rd Transformers movie as one of his top 5 movies of all time. I'm out on Jordan Bell.

Chad Ford updated his mock today.

Tony Bradley at 24
Tyler Lydon at 30

I don't see us taking two bigs in the 1st-round.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

GMs don't reveal to Chad Ford who they want to take. Chad gets duped every year. If David Locke is talking about a player on his podcast or to Chad Ford, he'll talk about a player just below the guy the Jazz really want to pick.

Bradley is such a stiff. Those who dislike Leaf should hate Bradley.

If we want to force Hayward to leave then we'll have a garbage draft like the one Chad Ford is posting.

GMs don't reveal to Chad Ford who they want to take. Chad gets duped every year. If David Locke is talking about a player on his podcast or to Chad Ford, he'll talk about a player just below the guy the Jazz really want to pick.

Ford had us taking Lyles since the beginning, iirc. He also reported that we loved Exum and he'd fall no farther than 5.

Jazz usually tend to draft players that aren't too flashy, seems out of place during rookie rising stars game and well disciplined. For instance, Dante, Burke, Lyles and perhaps Hood. If you go by that Tony Bradley is the one player that will be that guy. I'll say Tony Bradley with the 30th pick if the pick doesn't get traded.

He
Be out of the league after first contract. Syrauce players suck on defensive end and he isn't a top flight athlete and I just see bust but I also see the jazz falling in love cuz he is white and will put on a shooting show with no one guarding him. He is fools gold is stay far away. He isn't close to Brian Cook who came into the league as a late first rounder and known as a shooter. Jazz picking him i can almost guarantee it

Tyler Lydon at 30 would be a steal.

So once again catchall is wrong and you proved it right here. Great job WC. By the way informs question. Why the screen name? Was you a fan of Jason williams? Do u like black females? Why the screename .I'm just curious. Williams was a flashy passer no doubt and competitive . Would not been awesome to see him tossing up oops to Randy Moss in high school

QUOTE=White Chocolate;1432230]Ford had us taking Lyles since the beginning, iirc. He also reported that we loved Exum and he'd fall no farther than 5.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app[/QUOTE]

I could see us looking back on this draft years from now and Malik Monk very well should have been the #1 pick

He has the potential to shoot like Curry and guard him.