What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

He's an interesting player to keep track of for a few reasons. Seems like the type of import that would've been able to drum up considerable hype if he stayed home.. but is instead here to try and chase down a top spot (rather than just put himself on the map)..

Ultimately he's better off playing against/training with the competition he'll find here.

Lot of Australians doing that pathway now, especially the ones with some American parentage. The level in Australia through the high school ranks can only take you so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgab,

Who are the best 3-5 pure shooters in this draft?

Justin Jackson (UNC)
Malik Monk
Lauri Markannen
Luke Kennard
Kevin Huerter

Hon Mention to Terrance Ferguson who'd easily be on the list and might have the most picturesque form but he only shot 31% from 3 this season so I couldn't put him over Marshall.

Players like Marcus Marshall, Tyler Dorsey, Monte Morris and Landry Shamet deserve mention they're more shooting off the dribble types, figured you were asking for classic floor-spacers

That Knox kid looks like he could be a player. 6'8" looks pretty athletic, good basketball body, really nice shooting stroke.

He's pretty good a lottery talent. The wings on the way in the classes after are better, especially HS C/O 2019, wow is that class gonna be loaded on the wing..

Next year is for bigs..

There's 2 phenomenal international wings tho in Doncic and Bonga which help the crop..

When did you jump on the Justin Jackson bandwagon? Thought you were killing DX over having him in the lottery when they first did it?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Justin Jackson (UNC)
Malik Monk
Lauri Markannen
Luke Kennard
Kevin Huerter

Hon Mention to Terrance Ferguson who'd easily be on the list and might have the most picturesque form but he only shot 31% from 3 this season so I couldn't put him over Marshall.

Players like Marcus Marshall, Tyler Dorsey, Monte Morris and Landry Shamet deserve mention they're more shooting off the dribble types, figured you were asking for classic floor-spacers
You wouldn't put Lydon in that conversation?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

3 bigs?

If we took 2 then that third pick would be frank mason III he'll go higher tho

When did you jump on the Justin Jackson bandwagon? Thought you were killing DX over having him in the lottery when they first did it?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I've always been a fan of Justin Jackson. I've long said that Houston Hoops team (which produced Justin Jackson, Kelly Oubre, Justise Winslow, De'Aaron Fox, Robert Williams and next year Jarred Vanderbilt in a short time) is my favorite AAU squad ever..)

I surely wrote that his 3pt % was anomalous the last 2 seasons.

He's certainly achieved some degree of a body transformation too. I still worry a bit but it's no big deal. He's worked his way from a frail home-schooled kid into a real legit prospect. The overall sharpness of his game is at an all-time high.. He's got some Rip Hamilton to his game but hes got the floater like Ben Gordon..

I've also long said that there's room for some screwy "high volatility", if u will, moves at the SG spots. It's why I keep bringing up Hamidou Diallo.

Little momentum can go a long way due to scarcity..

What do you mean by pure shooters? Best shooting mechanics/accuracy mixed with volume? Or just guys whose main strength is shooting in their current state of individual development?

Pretty much this. Also are we talking catch and shoot or we talking microwave shooters who can get real hot off the dribble.

What do you mean by pure shooters? Best shooting mechanics/accuracy mixed with volume? Or just guys whose main strength is shooting in their current state of individual development?

I take it as guys who can space the floor and are thought of as consistent catch and shoot players first off. I think Markkanen is a perfect example of a "pure shooter".

3 bigs?

If we took 2 then that third pick would be frank mason III he'll go higher tho

Team needs aren't applied. Swap DJ Wilson for (CG) Andrew Jones or (SF/PF) Canadian Justin Jackson and if you're really particular, Omer for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouMe1M-aRpo
or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ot2dLWVxrs

Pretty much this. Also are we talking catch and shoot or we talking microwave shooters who can get real hot off the dribble.

Because if it's not just roleplayer potential as a spot up guy, we'd have to include Fultz, Ball and Bridges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzwcFmj4Bwg
Bridges has really smooth mechanics and a great instinct for geometry. Look how he readjusts his angle to the basket by a few degrees a couple of times when he has enough time. His free throw struggles are weird to me, but I'm willing to give a 19 yr old the benefit of the doubt when he makes 2/5 3s a game with great mechanics.

I take it as guys who can space the floor and are thought of as consistent catch and shoot players first off. I think Markkanen is a perfect example of a "pure shooter".

I'd say the stuff from Bridges qualifies to make your list then :cool:
Such a smooth rhythm shooter. He's a lefty on top of that with some playmaking abilities. He'll have good amount of time to get his shot off.

Because if it's not just roleplayer potential as a spot up guy, we'd have to include Fultz, Ball and Bridges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzwcFmj4Bwg
Bridges has really smooth mechanics and a great instinct for geometry. Look how he readjusts his angle to the basket by a few degrees a couple of times when he has enough time. His free throw struggles are weird to me, but I'm willing to give a 19 yr old the benefit of the doubt when he makes 2/5 3s a game with great mechanics.

He asked for a top 5 shooters tho. I'm not putting Fultz or Bridges up there. I'd probably put Ball for his insane range and consistency all year in catch and shoot.

Its a combo of stats and eye test.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app