What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Some of these freshman are mature because they are 20 year olds?Lmao, That's a funny statement AB im guessing you are talking about how advanced their games are and not their actual mature people.

I heard the nuggets really like TJ Leaf. They think pairing him up with Jokic could be special and they could play great together. If Giles slip that much the nuggets might take a gamble with him I heard also. Future is bright for both the nuggets and Jazz and will be good to have rivalry between the two teams with the two states being neighbors and all.

i don't see DJ Wilson being a first rounder. He is a kid who should go back to school and then next year i could see it. I just don't see that at the moment and I tHink Justin Jackson from UNC is going to go much later then you have him.

AB what you know about Michael Fusek?
you don't got him in the draft but I bet he gets picked in round 2

Definitely a better prospect than some of the Giants who've been drafted at the end of the 2nd rd recently (Satnam Singh..). and past giants in the NBA..

and the 7'3" Slovaki C that was playing for FSU.. Bojanovsky.

He can run and he shoots and he's made great progress with his body, which is key. I like him. He's sorta a bit like Meyers Leonard..

I love this potential crop of 7'2" and taller players.. wish it was like this every year.

crazy how much things change in a year
Last year Grayson Allen would of been picked in round 1 aND Kennard would go undrafted but now Luke is going be the higher pick. Props to that kid for busting his butt and improving his game

why aint you got him in your mock then dude. Meyers Leonard is actually a plus athlete is this guy a plus athlete at that size? I never seen him play but heard my buddy talk about him and i looked him up and saw that size. He is a giant

Definitely a better prospect than some of the Giants who've been drafted at the end of the 2nd rd recently (Satnam Singh..). and past giants in the NBA..

and the 7'3" Slovaki C that was playing for FSU.. Bojanovsky.

He can run and he shoots and he's made great progress with his body, which is key. I like him. He's sorta a bit like Meyers Leonard..

I love this potential crop of 7'2" and taller players.. wish it was like this every year.

why aint you got him in your mock then dude. Meyers Leonard is actually a plus athlete is this guy a plus athlete at that size? I never seen him play but heard my buddy talk about him and i looked him up and saw that size. He is a giant

because it's still early and his workouts are obviously going to make or break him.. those workouts will take place before the draft... so I'm not sweating it.. I don't have Jonathan Jeanne in the mock either, whos certainly a superior athlete and more fleet of foot...

Meyers Leonard was a lottery pick and 20 years old. Fusek is a bench warmer and he's auto-eligible due to his age.

The main answer to your question though is Anžejs Pasečņiks.. There's no reason to beleive Fusek is better than him at this stage.

There's a scarcity element too thats involved, which is really why a wait and see attitude is prudent. fact of the matter is there's way more people about Rudy's or Leonard's height than there is Fusek's, which is why I'm staunch that 7'2" is the cutoff for 'giants'...

Andre the Giant, was not a giant in my book, neither is Rudy.. This is a giant... Legit 8'1".. Väinö Myllyrinne, tallest Finnish man in history. he was able-bodied and proportioned too.

vainomyllyrinne.jpg

vainomyllyrinne-6.jpg

Last edited:
Here is chad fords take and he has him 29th on his big board

Hartenstein played at the Nike Hoop Summit last week and was perhaps the most impressive international player overall. He has size, he's bouncy and he's really aggressive on both ends of the floor.

His odd jumper and lack of length raised some concerns among scouts. He's clearly not ready for the NBA but might make a nice draft-and-stash prospect.

What I'm reading out of this is: Isaiah's agent isn't paying Cheat Fraud - Retrospective Draft Expert.
There's a ton of legit knocks on him. Calling someone 7'1 with a 9'1 standing reach who projects to play PF "short" is interesting. At least he didn't call his 250 lbs frame light...

What I'm reading out of this is: Isaiah's agent isn't paying Cheat Fraud - Retrospective Draft Expert.
There's a ton of legit knocks on him. Calling someone 7'1 with a 9'1 standing reach who projects to play PF "short" is interesting. At least he didn't call his 250 lbs frame light...
His length to height ratio is below average.

He isn't going to be a PF.
Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

His length to height ratio is below average.

He isn't going to be a PF.
I think he has a legit chance to be a pf. His mobility is really great. Favorable to porzingod who still spends significant time at pf. While his length is below average for someone his size there are few players who match his size in the first place. His standing reach is decent and if he sticks its because of his skill level. I tend to give skilled players some leeway in that area.

I think he has a legit chance to be a pf. His mobility is really great. Favorable to porzingod who still spends significant time at pf. While his length is below average for someone his size there are few players who match his size in the first place. His standing reach is decent and if he sticks its because of his skill level. I tend to give skilled players some leeway in that area.
I'll be surprised if anyone plays him there.

I'm just saying that's what Ford meant. When you see a guy measured that tall you hope for a big wingspan.

Wonder if in 100 years we will start seeing athletic 8'ers

There's only like 15-25 verified 8-footers in medical history, it's extremely unlikely they're normally proportioned and able-bodied like Vaino, who is called the tallest soldier to ever live (he was probably a lil over 8'1". If there was an 8-footer who could've been trained to play ball I'm pretty sure it was him..

and most of them are acromialgic and due to medical advances they can arrest the growth which often ends up killing these people.

For example this kid was gonna be over 8' EASILY, he's got a truly one-of-one medical condition tho.. completely unprecedented. His growth was arrested tho in his teenage years.

brendenadams%20(18).jpg

There's also Marfans syndrome,Soto's syndrome,Eunuchoidal-infantile gigantism, Eunuchoid tallness, and the classic pituitary gigantism. So to say some random 8-footer has a lot working AGAINST him to make it to the league is almost an understatement, it'll be nothing short of a miracle...

johnwilliamrogan.jpg

John William Rogan was measured at 8'8" at the time of his death and only 175lbs.. He's the 2nd tallest man in medical history. Dude couldnt get out of bed due to his complications from Ankylosis. He needed to be pulled around on his bed on wheels by goats.

johnwilliamrogan%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
Suleiman Ali Nashnush (pictured here with Frederico Fellini on the set of Satyricon) was verified at over 8' before he died, and he did play pro ball in Lybia, some say he's the tallest basketball player ever,. Thing is he was still growing when he played, he was only around 7'6" at the time, so it's not exactly true.

suleimanalinashnush%20(10).jpg

If there is some 8-footer who can play it's likely he'll be from a country like China or India. Just one of those 'population theory' things, thats why If you look at the tallest women in medical history, A LOT of them are Chinese... That also means the player will probably be from rural India or rural China, and they'll probably have him mashing size 20-something feet in to size 14 shoes, almost assuredly they wont have the proper medical care.. The whole thing is disastrous really.

We're talking about players that tower over Yao Ming, like Yao Ming towers over Derrick Favors.. It's fantasy.. Basketball is for short giants, not tall ones.