What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Speaking of impact, Bagley put up 30/11/3/4/3 today with zero fouls.

Bagley is so bizarre for me as an NBA prospect. Really, what he's doing, especially as one of the younger freshmen in the country, is nothing short of remarkable. The only frosh in ACC history to score 30+ in 5 games - and the season is only half over. Just ridiculous how productive he's been. But, in my opinion, as i watch that game yesterday, from an NBA skillset standpoint, its one of the least impressive 30 point games i've seen. What is impressive is his explosiveness, his effort, and his knack for getting the ball in the bucket. Not that those things can't translate, but the question is whether they are enough and then how much he can improve other things, such as shooting, ballhandling, defense, etc.

trae young dropped 43.....He did turn it over 8 times, but im sure thats cos he asked to handle the ball all day.
His teammates were dropping his passes left and right. He should have had 15 assists at least. I swear they missed like... 5-6 dunks/alleyoop...

You know who he reminds me of... you were comparing him to some athletic wings, but to me he looks more like... Kyle Anderson.

Haven’t watched him a ton but he reminds me more of khris Middleton

Bagley is so bizarre for me as an NBA prospect. Really, what he's doing, especially as one of the younger freshmen in the country, is nothing short of remarkable. The only frosh in ACC history to score 30+ in 5 games - and the season is only half over. Just ridiculous how productive he's been. But, in my opinion, as i watch that game yesterday, from an NBA skillset standpoint, its one of the least impressive 30 point games i've seen. What is impressive is his explosiveness, his effort, and his knack for getting the ball in the bucket. Not that those things can't translate, but the question is whether they are enough and then how much he can improve other things, such as shooting, ballhandling, defense, etc.

He's got the tools to roll to the rim like Amare Stoudemire. I assume that's going to be his calling card.

As long as we pick within the top-7 we have a chance to draft a solid difference-maker. I like Jackson and Doncic but if we have a chance to draft Bagley it must be done.

I take umbrage with Bagley being called "one of the youngest freshman in college", I find that to be a farce..And it's being echo'd all over the place I don't mean to single anyone out... it's totally untrue, Marvin was a few months away from meeting last years draft age requirement....

I bet most of the people in this thread were younger than Marvin their freshman year, especially ones here with late birthdays, you guys all turned 18 during your freshman year right?

Marvin will turn 19 during his freshman year...

he's great and everything, and probably the #1 pick, but don't try and tell me he's one of the youngest players.. this is like some bizarro 'popular usage' type of thing that I'll never buy.. It's just candidly false... My pops used to always tell me beware of people with low standards, this type of thing is like a lowering of standards that I'm just not trying to hear.. I'm totally consistent on this issue, i don't care who it is, i don't care if you don't speak english and need a year to convert over, it is what it is, the closest possible thing to an exception would be some player who's over 7'2" and an obvious late-bloomer, which doesn't happen with any sort of regularity..

Last edited:
Jevon Carter tore it up yesterday. He is my pick for a second rounder right now.
He's the best on-ball defender in college, a Frank Mason type rise is a lil much, he could gain a lot of steam moving forward tho. In the 'polished' and 'ready' categories he's one of the best.

He's small for the NBA tho no doubt. he's really only 6'1" with about a 6'3" wingspan, that'll hurt his stock for sure..

as the field thins he'll likely rise..

Right now for me there's a lot of young PG's with potential I'd take first (Tony Carr), but a good chunk of em aren't gonna declare..

https://247sports.com/Article/Five-...BA-scouts-talks-recruiting-decision-113703358

This kid is not a late teens pick, Simons remains the highest player on my board over-consensus...... He's not gonna enter the draft to be selected 19th..if thats the case he's gonna withdraw.. This kid has STAR-POWER.... I honestly don't know why, but it seems to me that people really want to try to marginalize his talent (thats what I conclude when I see him 18th on some mock...) I don't buy it tho.. It's a cop out... I'll call the shot right now, he's gonna be really, really good in the NBA, he's got some Lou Williams type of potent offense potential...

Simmons is an offensive force to be reckoned with..

He's got my stamp of approval... There's nothing he's gonna do thats gonna make me second guess it..

I kinda really don't think he should be viewed as "a highschool kid" or "the highschool kid", let this kid play Landry Shamet 1v1 for all too see, Shamets agent will want to confiscate all the footage and burn it...

I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the Jazz pick..

I get the 'Simons is definitely gonna be pretty good' vibe heavy, I'd compare it to what I thought of Jeff Teague, or even Mike Conley, pre-draft..

Last edited:
Gilgeous-Alexander is an interesting player. He's a bit like a Larry Hughes, assuming anyone remembers who that is. I'm not sure if he's really a potential impact player or not, but draft sites seem to think he's the third best PG right now.