What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Bizarre story from Orlando... Apparently their rookie Jonathan Isaac is a preacher... did anyone hear any of this pre-draft? Certainly slipped over my head..

I mean, being a better prospect than Rudy isn't saying much. He may have deserved higher, but he went #27. He got to where he is by working his *** off after being drafted.

His upside is higher I mean.. hmm lemme put it like this...

It could be like a David Robinson and Tim Duncan type of situation... Thats how I feel..

Coach Cal used to call Mo Bamba the next Anthony Davis... If thats something u wanna choose to take lightly or brush off, thats on you...

If I was actually a Jazz fan I'd be the conductor of the Tank for Bamba and play him at PF fan club... Starpower isn't even a strong enough word for Mo Bamba, he's got world-shaker potential..

The next player thats anywhere close to Bamba like that is Bol Bol and u might need the #1 pick in 2019 to get him....

Bamba at like #5 is insane value, it's like the Kings getting Fox at #5 last season... It's low-hanging fruit... The team that gets Bamba 5th is gonna say "we had him #1 on our board" which is exactly what Vlade said about Fox..

If u think Karl Malone like Saer Sene... Let him go see Mo Bamba workout...

At the end of the day he really just might be this giant oversized PF (on offense) obviously he can function as the main shotblocker but if he can hold his ground on the perimiter, 1) he's not gonna have to go very far cuz he can closeout like Rudy, 2) which means he'll also be a step away from help defense at the basket... this has immense potential, It's not a gimmick..

I always said in 250 years the NBA will be overrun with Asian and African 7-footers, the Jazz can be like centuries ahead of their time with the dynamic double 7-footers..

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing I forgot. Jaren Jackson isn't playing 22mpg because he's getting squeezed for minutes or he's being babied...

He's averaging 6 fouls per 40 minutes... and you only get 5...

Til this **** sorts out he's become range-bound on my board --- and I was looking for every excuse to bump him higher..

Kudos to those who had OG Anunoby over Justin Jackson btw.. I sniffed that one out way early.. Kings honestly might have won a few more games if they took OG over JJ... I kinda have a theory they avoided getting a real SF to help ensure the tank tho, I used to call this "low-key tanking"...

Bamba at PF is a bad idea. Nowhere near the mobility needed to get out on the perimeter and defend along with the Bamba/Gobert offensive pairing being unworkable.

Bamba at PF is a bad idea. Nowhere near the mobility needed to get out on the perimeter and defend along with the Bamba/Gobert offensive pairing being unworkable.

It's not perfect It could work tho.. I'm not concerned with his mobility, he's a great athlete for a 7-footer as far as I'm concerned, are you sure u've see him get down in a defensive stance and move laterally?... My concern would be more in the area of pulling him away from the glass for oboards and away from the rim for blocks --- ultimately developing his PF skills could be more beneficial in the long run, having a C like Rudy to take the heat off him is the entire key..

I know you might think I'm trying to fit a square piece into a circle, I feel like him at C in the wrong spot might be that tbh.... anyone who really knows Mo tho, that kid, at heart, is this oversized POWER FORWARD, thats what his skillset is.... In an honest moment I'm sure he'll say he doesn't want to stand at the rim all game.....

I can't stress this enough tho ---- The court would actually look really small with Mo and Rudy on it.. I think many of these mobility issues youre anticipating would be solved in like 1 step.. Good luck trying to shoot a 3 over Mo Bamba **squeaky reggie miller voice** "are you kidding me?"

The Jazz need to do something drastic bruh or their gonna get buried under an avalanche of talent.. I didn't come back here to be a dooshe about jazz related stuff so I'm not gonna talk about the ramifications of Utah whiffing with this pick..

The true go-for-broke move is Michael Porter Jr..

In any scenario of a big turnaround in Utah the next few years, Rudy will need to do the heavy lifting, and Mo is the type of player I believe, Like Favors, can play viable minutes next to, or in place of, Rudy to help give him some rest.. Rudy plays 30 MPG... Thats 18 backup C minutes right there, so really what we're talking about here is ~10 minutes a game at PF..... Mo Bamba as ur backup C is a nightmare matchup, the other team will never get a break..... and Utah will lead the league in blocks for the next decade.. They can be more cautious with rudy moving forward too, don't gotta worry about the defense going to **** if he could use a day off..

Last edited:
I don't understand why more of these young PG's don't have the CP3 in-and-out dribble in their repertoire... No one's ever used it in the history of the league to such devastating effect as CP3... To me it should be almost as standard as the step-back... cuz i mean, it's kinda a carry but they'll let u get away with it time and time again, especially if u chain it quickly like Paul.

Even rec league players should all have this in the arsenal.. if ur like a lefty who only wants to go left, it's perfect, just use this to fake right -- and go left again!

Cuz it's like a probing dribble or even better yet, a jab to line up a power punch, and if u get the reaction your looking for from the initial jab, ur defender is basically just a sitting duck..

It's not perfect It could work tho.. I'm not concerned with his mobility, he's a great athlete for a 7-footer as far as I'm concerned, are you sure u've see him get down in a defensive stance and move laterally?... My concern would be more in the area of pulling him away from the glass for oboards and away from the rim for blocks --- ultimately developing his PF skills could be more beneficial in the long run, having a C like Rudy to take the heat off him is the entire key..

I know you might think I'm trying to fit a square piece into a circle, I feel like him at C in the wrong spot might be that tbh.... anyone who really knows Mo tho, that kid, at heart, is this oversized POWER FORWARD, thats what his skillset is.... In an honest moment I'm sure he'll say he doesn't want to stand at the rim all game.....

I can't stress this enough tho ---- The court would actually look really small with Mo and Rudy on it.. I think many of these mobility issues youre anticipating would be solved in like 1 step.. Good luck trying to shoot a 3 over Mo Bamba **squeaky reggie miller voice** "are you kidding me?"

The Jazz need to do something drastic bruh or their gonna get buried under an avalanche of talent.. I didn't come back here to be a dooshe about jazz related stuff so I'm not gonna talk about the ramifications of Utah whiffing with this pick..

The true go-for-broke move is Michael Porter Jr..

In any scenario of a big turnaround in Utah the next few years, Rudy will need to do the heavy lifting, and Mo is the type of player I believe, Like Favors, can play viable minutes next to, or in place of, Rudy to help give him some rest.. Rudy plays 30 MPG... Thats 18 backup C minutes right there, so really what we're talking about here is ~10 minutes a game at PF..... Mo Bamba as ur backup C is a nightmare matchup, the other team will never get a break..... and Utah will lead the league in blocks for the next decade.. They can be more cautious with rudy moving forward too, don't gotta worry about the defense going to **** if he could use a day off..

In the playoffs it gets much more dicey. Your stars play 40 minutes, so would be looking at 20-30 minutes of poor floor spacing with both Gobert and Bamba.
If Bamba is a full tier above the next player though, sure, you take him and try and make it work, but ultimately know a trade is going to happen with one of them in 2-3 years.
Playoffs is the end game, not the regular season.

I don;t like how Lon Krueger is using Oklahomas rotation, I don't like the starting lineup either... 8 turnovers in the first half for Trae Young but they are well within striking distance..

McNeace and McGusty are being underutilized (Kristian Doolittle too tbh..) are the 2 I'd put in the starting lineup..

It's like some Platoon or hockey type of thing going on... Sometimes it works, this seems forced tho..

Miami seems to have this issue even worse tho... They asked for it tho by blatantly over-recruiting guards..

You guys may recall how early I was on PF's such as Pascal Siakam and John Collins.. He might not be 1st rd quality... He might be tho...

Anyways Nathan Knight who I've posted about once before, at William and Mary's, is the early leader in the clubhouse for that distinction in this draft class..

Check out his stats... Here's some recent footage..

In the playoffs it gets much more dicey. Your stars play 40 minutes, so would be looking at 20-30 minutes of poor floor spacing with both Gobert and Bamba.
If Bamba is a full tier above the next player though, sure, you take him and try and make it work, but ultimately know a trade is going to happen with one of them in 2-3 years.
Playoffs is the end game, not the regular season.

I'm very close to just putting Mo Bamba #1 on my board and doubling down by saying his in his own tier at the top...

I kinda feel like people are being fooled... my instincts are pretty good at this sort of thing... and I've been fooled plenty, pretty sure this one is gonna end up looking clairvoyant....

If it happens it's not gonna be easy to knock him off the top spot either.. It's gonna be like the situation where I put Ingram over Simmons and held it.. I'm taking my pick and we'll wait and see, I don't care if the others are good enough to go #1....

I actually think that Bamba is a better prospect than Bol Bol too.... Who like I said could be the likely #1 pick in 2019.........

I really don't think that Bagley's gonna be better than Giannis.. actually I wouldn't be surprised if Giannis dominates him everytime they play for a long time... Certain teams should take Bagley, like Orlando for example... If we're talking upside tho, the answer is Mo Bamba..

Kevin Knox has a terrific ability to stop on a dime and shoot a floater.. The kid Kris Wilkes at UCLA is exceptional at this too..

As i was saying about the CP3 in-and-out dribble as the initial part of ur dribble combo chain... it's devastating... lookie here..

dream-scenario... The way people and TV analysts and even hardcore fans, been talking kinda wait-and-see-ish about Kansas... I must be watching something different... and I've been watching closely...

That entire team is comprised of players I been hyping individually for years here.. I'll just leave it at that..

I still like my chances that Devonte Graham is better than Frank Mason too, actually, I really like my chances... He was holding Graham back, it's undeniable..

This is a great draft if Devonte Graham is a fringe 2nd rounder.

I remember a couple mocks had him going late 1st last year had he entered. He'll find a spot on a team in the league, I don't know if I like him better than Mason, but he's better than Nigel Goss foh sho

This is a great draft if Devonte Graham is a fringe 2nd rounder.

I remember a couple mocks had him going late 1st last year had he entered. He'll find a spot on a team in the league, I don't know if I like him better than Mason, but he's better than Nigel Goss foh sho

Graham will be safe somewhere in the 2nd. He just gets NBA style buckets IMO.. it'll translate..

So I'm finishing up my first mock of 2018 and in the very late stages I finally went to see DX and their top-100(which i refuse to pay for still out of principle).. As usual they have some names I'm unfamiliar with...

Marko Simonovic who plays for Siena and just turned 18 not long ago, looks extremely good, like a 1st rd talent, they have him at #39 in their top rankings.. He's 7-foot tall and extremely mbile, looks like he's got some shooting touch too...

It's funny they have MArkus Howard listed at 6'0 with a 6'0 wingspan, both of those numbers are embellished. He's in the 30's tho!!! I once said "I don't co-sign midget players unless their game is as sharp as this"

Last edited:
Ehh, NWG could be with the Jazz next year. He has been one of the best players in Eurocup and Adriatic League. His team isnt very good (one of the worst in Eurocu and just a middling team in the Adriatic), but he is definitely someone who has a potential future in the NBA.

Oh this French Kid looks good! I'd actually say he looks like a good fit for Utah, way better than that kid from Weber St, who to me was the bad kind of tweener. This kid is a pure PF, quite frankly he could be 'on sale' cuz he's 6'8" and not 6'10"..

Looks like he's got the Larry Nance Jr type of skillset...

The Canadian kid at Syracuse, O'Shae Brissett (who I posted about here long ago) they have listed in the 40;s is probably better tho..

Last edited: