What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Ehh, NWG could be with the Jazz next year. He has been one of the best players in Eurocup and Adriatic League. His team isnt very good (one of the worst in Eurocu and just a middling team in the Adriatic), but he is definitely someone who has a potential future in the NBA.

Glad to hear that for Stocks sake

Oh this French Kid looks good! I'd actually say he looks like a good fit for Utah, way better than that kid from Weber St, who to me was the bad kind of tweener. This kid is a pure PF, quite frankly he could be 'on sale' cuz he's 6'8" and not 6'10"..

Looks like he's got the Larry Nance Jr type of skillset...

The Canadian kid at Syracuse, O'Shae Brissett (who I posted about here long ago) they have listed in the 40;s is probably better tho..

Nice find

Just one more quick hit on that CP3 in-and-out dribble... The Spurs Kyle Anderson is noted for how slow he is, yet he still drives effectively, one reason being that he uses that in-and-out dribble on almost every drive!!!

DX having Jalen Brunson so low on their board bothers me. What more is he supposed to do? He's obviously range-bound on their board and that range is in the bottom of the 2nd rd...

If thats the case, lemme predict he will be an Andre Miller style journeyman, thats probably even more talented naturally....

I'm putting him much higher on my board tho tbh.. I think it's plenty fair to say he projects as a backup, to me he's safe tho. Don't tell me Frank Mason is the 37th pick last year and this kid can barely get drafted this year (which is what I thought of Monte Morris.. but i guess there's an age difference)..

So now that thats out of the way lemme address one of the PG's who've usurped Brunson on their board, Markus Howard, in the 30's...

Talking about how this player projects to the NBA is a whole lot of fun... He's a classic 'spark-plug'... He really is the ultimate type of player where you say "If he was 6'5...." lemme be the first to say that if Markus Howard was 6'5" he'd be like the GOAT SG prospect(I'm serious, at the very least they'd call him the next Ray Allen) and he'd likely make a run at the #1 pick this year...

Back here in reality tho, he's like 5'9" or 5'10 with T-Rex arms!!

Lemme begin by saying he'd be a GREAT fit in Utah, and he'd play the Trey Burke role off the bench but he'd do it with immense efficiency.

Most people you know that are the same height as Markus Howard, say "I'm too small to play basketball" thats just simply the facts and yet here he is projected to make the NBA, he's just a teenager...

U just can;t play defense at that height with any sort of regularity in the NBA anymore.. Thats pretty much all I'ma say on his defense..

He projects as the type of player who can trade 3's for 2's tho.. He's also a Sophomore but the same age as Marvin Bagley, and they both missed their senior year to play in college (see what i'm talking about with the Bagley is young label?)

Howard simply put, and you don't hear me use this word often, is a brilliant offensive player, and he'll make it rain with just the slightest of open looks. He doesn't just get hot either, he goes on a rampage..... He used to drop 40 almost every night in HS, was the nations leading scorer..

If I had to say a comp, Id say think something like Shabazz Napier, but an even more automatic outside shot entering the league..

Don’t remember his name but whatever happened to that skinny *** French kid who was projected to go late 1st last draft and was (sillily) being given Gobert comps here by some?

Some wanted him as our stretch 4 because he hit a couple 3’s once.

Don’t remember his name but whatever happened to that skinny *** French kid who was projected to go late 1st last draft and was (sillily) being given Gobert comps here by some?

He has a degenerative spine disease and he cant play basketball anymore.

DX having Jalen Brunson so low on their board bothers me. What more is he supposed to do? He's obviously range-bound on their board and that range is in the bottom of the 2nd rd...

If thats the case, lemme predict he will be an Andre Miller style journeyman, thats probably even more talented naturally....

I'm putting him much higher on my board tho tbh.. I think it's plenty fair to say he projects as a backup, to me he's safe tho. Don't tell me Frank Mason is the 37th pick last year and this kid can barely get drafted this year (which is what I thought of Monte Morris.. but i guess there's an age difference)..

I am a Brunson fan

There was Jonathan Jeanne who's from Guadeloupe which is technically France. He was compared to Rudy and skinny, and was diagnosed with Marfans Syndrome which really hurt his stock.

I think you're talking about Petr Cornelie tho, who was drafted 53rd by the Nuggets.. He's still in ProA but on loan from LeMans to another squad.I checked in on his stats a few weeks back, still no progress on his 3pt%, he's only played a few game tho..

Productive college bigs like Jonathan Motley, Devin Robinson and Cam Oliver went undrafted, but Cornelie was selected..

This story with LeBron and Shaq talking about how Shaq's son Shareef got snubbed from the McDonalds game is absurd and blatant fake outrage...

If u look at those rosters objectively Shareef was not good enough to make it...

Honestly he's not even the 1st or 2nd on my Snubbed Forward list -- He'd be 3rd behind Jaylen Hoard and Taeshon Cherry..

The biggest overall snub might've been Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois is now without a McDonalds player 3 years in a row..

Last edited:
Shake Milton is annihilating Wichita St... This is one of the most impressive performances of the season...

Should've taken the moneyline this +8½ turned it to a laugher long ago..

He keeps playing like this Shake's gonna be a lottery pick...

Jarrey Foster left this game with a leg injury too, which sucks becuase he looks damn good.

Before I forget, BYU's best player 6'8" Sophomore Yoeli Childs, whos a Utah native (South Jordan). Looks legit to me..

He will probably make a lot of noise next season. He's a very good passer. Reminds me a bit of Caleb Swanigan.

Before I forget, BYU's best player 6'8" Sophomore Yoeli Childs, whos a Utah native (South Jordan). Looks legit to me..

He will probably make a lot of noise next season. He's a very good passer. Reminds me a bit of Caleb Swanigan.
Might need to re-work his shot. Looks broken to me. Other than that, he's a nice player.

Native-NY'er Kevin Huerter is too good to be denied, he's probably gonna play in the NBA for a long time.... I was spot on about him last year, he REALLY WAS good enough to go, now he definitely is, and lemme credit the assist to Team USA basketball...

I like this kid so much better than Nik Stauskas, I'm actually glad that I stuck around to make this distinction. This is really m favorite part of this whole thing, u got 2 players, seemingly similar skillsets and size, Stauskas I never fully bought into, Huerter I saw it coming a mile away..

Kinda how I feel about Trey Burke vs Jalen Brunson too..

Might need to re-work his shot. Looks broken to me. Other than that, he's a nice player.

Got a friend who played overseas who was built like that kid. I always joke with him bout these type of players, 'remind me of Ike Diogu'. That kid can really pass tho and so can my friend, thats my favorite part of Childs' game, too many bigs lack that...

honestly I think a lot of bigs should play more 2v2 to develop their passing....

He's probably not gonna reach Yante Maten status, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get looks in the league tho.