What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

so many good matchups today... Duke-UVA in a bit... the battle of the ACC..

Keep an eye on De'Andre Hunter UVA's 6th man, I've mentioned him before...

They're saying 50+ NBA scouts are in the building to see Trae Young vs Collin Sexton...

I'ma be shocked if Sexton doesn't thrash him btw..

There's a clip of Collin Sexton almost fighting Jaylen Hands (UCLA's freshman PG - possible 1st rd pick) on youtube that some here would probably find endearing..

UNC is just atrocious to watch this year... total smoke and mirrors show... they'll be WAY better next season when their top ranked recruit since Harry the Hitman Barnes, Nas Little on the floor.

They need Cameron Johnson to step up and score more than 13PPG or else this ******** will continue..

Johnson is yet another one of theese SF's in the 2nd rd range. He could be on sale for sure. The freshman they have Sterling Manley is my favorite prospect on this current squad tho..

Anyone who pays for DX/ESPN Insider wanna tell me where they have

Zhaire Smith 6'5" Freshman SG at Texas Tech on their freshman rankings? cuz I'd love to explain why that # is probably way too low...

South Carolina going at TTU's neck right now...

Chris Silva on South Carolina is legit and worthy of getting drafted, I pointed this out last season too. Quick twitch kid, way better prospect than Bolomboy!! He hit a 3 in this one too..

The Jazz personnel people are gonna love Alabama's freshman wing John Petty.. He's a great passer already.. truly a jack of all trades...

Kyle Guy is going off right now and Trevon Duval has been playing awful...

Wendell Carter Jr has made several spectacular plays... HE's not given enough hype here as the possible pick/ Favors replacement... I told PKM like 4 years ago he reminds me of Karl Malone, it's only right he'll be the starting PF for the Jazz for 15 years..

DeAndre Hunter guys... I'ma be right about this one for sure it's super obvious... I mean just look at this.... Thats Marvin Bagley guarding him...

.. check his stats... u will like this kid...

Really impressed every time I watch Sexton and Young. Very different guys... I’d be happy to have either but guess they are both gone before we draft.

Mikal Bridges would be a really great fit next to Donovan, Dante, and Ingles. Outside shooting, length, and athleticism

I think Mikal is a legit 3/D wing in the mold of a Trevor Ariza or Khris Middleton. I just find myself wanting more off-the-dribble game, more ability to create, and more ball skills in general. Maybe he can develop those things a bit like Kawhi did (though Kawhi is a real outlier in terms of personal development), but if he doesn't then he won't really qualify as the proverbial "third guy" with Mitchell and Gobert. Plus, he'll be 22 at the start of his rookie season. I'm just saying there are some risks there, and there are other guys in the lottery with more upside.

Ideally, the Jazz draft more scoring and athleticism that gives them a mis-match at one of the forward spots. I really think both Knox and Miles Bridges are likely to pan out as solid offensive options in the same draft range. If we already had all the scoring and shot creation we need, then Mikal would be a solid pick outside the top 9 or 10.

A few of us have expressed concerns about Bagley's NBA skillset and i think that is valid, but damn - that dude plays a man's game. demeanor doesn't change and he doesn't stop. i couldn't be more impressed with what he's bringing as a frosh.

A few of us have expressed concerns about Bagley's NBA skillset and i think that is valid, but damn - that dude plays a man's game. demeanor doesn't change and he doesn't stop. i couldn't be more impressed with what he's bringing as a frosh.

He'd be amazing playing with an elite pick-and-roll guard and a spaced floor with a stretch-5. He'd live at the line. Mitchell is already pretty much the elite pick-and-roll guard.

Walt scouting The Don's future wingman:

DUkxCbkU8AAVcZX.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who pays for DX/ESPN Insider wanna tell me where they have

Zhaire Smith 6'5" Freshman SG at Texas Tech on their freshman rankings? cuz I'd love to explain why that # is probably way too low...

edit: realized you asked for freshman rankings, not the full top 60. He's not on the top freshman list either, but I don't think I'm looking at an updated list.

Zhaire Smith isn't on his top 60. Note that this isn't their usual mock draft, but "it uses ESPN's BPI to project the draft order, and it's adjusted for NBA team needs accordingly." I did just read about Zhaire on The Stepien though.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/25/zhaire-smith-surprise-freshman-stud/

Here are some things Jazz related/interesting from Givony's article.

11. Utah Jazz

Mikal Bridges Villanova Junior SF

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 200 | PER: 27.5

Every team in the NBA is searching for depth on the wing, and the Jazz are no exception.

Bridges' ability to make shots, defend anywhere from 1-4 and play within a system make him an easy fit on almost any team's roster, even if his overall upside is limited to an extent by his lack of shot creation.

Starting salary: $3,346,560

With recruiting analysts widely describing the 2018 high school senior class as one of the weakest in memory, the 2019 draft is not projected to be particularly strong, nor deep, which may cause players currently in college to think long and hard about returning to school for another year.

The depth of the 2018 draft hasn't emerged at this stage either, as scouts say there is a significant drop-off in talent outside the lottery, and they are struggling to find 30 players worthy of being granted guaranteed contracts by being picked in the first round.

They also put Bamba 3rd overall and were tempted to put him at #2. Jaren Jackson is #5, MPJ #6, Young #7.

Daniel Gafford (#17), Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (#19), Melvin Frazier (#29), and Landry Shamet (#30) all went from unranked into the top 30. Chandler Hutchison also had a big leap from #42 to #16. Keita Bates-Diop also a big riser from #56 to #27.

Last edited:
hard to judge young in a game like that at this point. either getting doubled straight up or at least constantly having a help defender ready. He handles it well finding open guys but his teammates are so atrocious, they simply couldn't take advantage of the myriad open looks they got. So you have Young who has to make a choice of forcing shots and/or passes or making the easy pass to a teammate who will most likely blow the opportunity.

that's like asking me if i want to do Rosie O'Donnell or Donald Trump. just shoot me. that's where Trae Young is at right now.

i didn't see the game, but Bamba with a nice line of 25, 15 and 4 today. 12-13 FTs and 1-1 3pt.

He is the premier talent in college basketball..

People are gonna repeat "He's getting better every day" and thats how they're gonna justify this slow rise from 6th to #1... It's partially true but doesn't tell the whole story, he was actually quite good already..