What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Metu looks like a lottery pick, draft express has him #18 though in 2018 draft, they don't have this killian tillie guy projected yet

DraftExpress had Bam Adebayo ranked #38 a month before the draft. Metu will go lottery, I'm pretty sure. I don't think he'll go top 5, but more like the 7 - 12 range. He's a great 2-way player to put next to Rudy and might be able to play a bit of stretch-5 (shooting out to 20 feet) in some line-ups. He's got a bit of alpha in him and could become an 18 - 20-point scorer. He's still relatively raw and is still learning the game, which is a good thing in terms of longer term potential.

FWIW, I like him better than Bam for the Jazz.

DraftExpress had Bam Adebayo ranked #38 a month before the draft. Metu will go lottery, I'm pretty sure. I don't think he'll go top 5, but more like the 7 - 12 range. He's a great 2-way player to put next to Rudy and might be able to play a bit of stretch-5 (shooting out to 20 feet) in some line-ups. He's got a bit of alpha in him and could become an 18 - 20-point scorer. He's still relatively raw and is still learning the game, which is a good thing in terms of longer term potential.

FWIW, I like him better than Bam for the Jazz.

he is ivan rabb 2.0. Wont be a first round pick.

yeah, but his result are going to be the same. A PF/C who people thought would be a first round pick but will drop to the early/mid 2nd because of a subpar year.

That's a reach. I think he'll go top 15 in virtually any scenario next year, especially if he measures well and can add to his shooting range. He would have been picked in the first round this year if he stayed in the draft.

That's a reach. I think he'll go top 15 in virtually any scenario next year, especially if he measures well and can add to his shooting range. He would have been picked in the first round this year if he stayed in the draft.

Except the scenarios where he doesn't, which is 90% of the scenarios.

And I highly doubt it.

Why do people like Metu?

Also, I know age, and therefore developmental curve, is always a (big) factor but what about Vince Edwards? I've admittedly never seen him play but he's got good measurements (7'0" wingspan, 8'9.5" standing reach) for the 3 and passable at the 4 and according to DX, he has a "chiseled frame." He shot 42.3% on 3.2 attempts per game and was 83% from the line with 4.9 rebounds (with Swanigan there too) and 3.2 assists last year, all in under 29 minutes a night. Right now, DX has him pegged 37th.

Bruce Brown seems damn interesting. Like massive upside interesting and he's only pegged at 17 right now next year by DX. If we end up trading Favors, maybe we re-sign Hood, draft this kid and with the pick we get from Favors (and our 2nds), move up and get someone like Justin Jackson.

Why do people like Metu?

Because he has the potential to be Clint Capella with some scoring ability. He'd give the Jazz more length and mobility on defense, plus an ability to score inside and outside. He's still young (recently turned 20), raw and developing quickly. He doesn't have a 3-ball, but if he could develop it, he'd be amazing. He'd fit the development timeline along with Mitchell and Exum.

Why do people like Metu?

Also, I know age, and therefore developmental curve, is always a (big) factor but what about Vince Edwards? I've admittedly never seen him play but he's got good measurements (7'0" wingspan, 8'9.5" standing reach) for the 3 and passable at the 4 and according to DX, he has a "chiseled frame." He shot 42.3% on 3.2 attempts per game and was 83% from the line with 4.9 rebounds (with Swanigan there too) and 3.2 assists last year, all in under 29 minutes a night. Right now, DX has him pegged 37th.

Because Catchall really like decently athletic big men w/ poor feel and limited skills.

Bruce Brown seems damn interesting. Like massive upside interesting and he's only pegged at 17 right now next year by DX. If we end up trading Favors, maybe we re-sign Hood, draft this kid and with the pick we get from Favors (and our 2nds), move up and get someone like Justin Jackson.

I love Bruce. Great well rounded game. One of my favorites.