What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

VCU has a sneaky good class incoming next year! Mayan Kiir, who's an Australian player I first heard about checking in on Exum and super quick PG Lavar Batts both have the tools to work their way into draft conversations.

Va Tech commit Nickeil Alexander-Walker is the highest rated Canadian in this class according to ESPN, they have him at 5-stars and #25 overall.

He's a true SG / dead eye shooter / long range bomber type and a legit 6'5". At the same stage I'm sure he's better than Stauskas. He's got a very good chance to make their Senior national team eventually..

Shai Alexander isn't far behind(7 spots in the rakings 6'5" PG committed to UK.

I do prefer Wake Forest commit Chaundee Brown #31 over Walker tho. He's more of a pure SG flavor of Dwayne Bacon.

The 4-star players in this class, from what I've seen, seem to be somewhere between sneaky good and outstanding IMHO.

Look out for 6'2" 2-star Villanova Committ Collin Gillespie. He's in the mold of 6'5" Virginia Fr. Ty Jerome who probably hasn't been mentioned in these threads yet and is worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxjZp1Zmjac

Villanova Commit Collin Gillespie 42 pts, 8 rebs, 7 asst In Win
Kentucky Commit Quade Green 30 pts, 7 asst In Loss

With Gillespie and Donte "Delaware's MJ" DiVichenzo they have the next starting backcourt already in place.

Louisville lands 5* 2018 PG 6'3" Courtney Ramey who will certainly be mentioned in these draft threads at somepoint. With Anfernee Simmons already signed they've got two very competent guards on the books already. They have the potential to pull Pitino's best class yet in 2018 and have their sights set on many big names.

They do an excellent job in recruiting and player development. UL will be a top-10 team for years with the strong classes they've got inked. This Cheick Diong they're after in 2017 looks like a UL player thru and thru too and a pretty good prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdl78aDmans

Think he's gonna be listed at 7' as a Fr. As it stands right now (if Mitchell and Deng return) UL figures to be one of the best teams next year and easily one of the top loaded frontcourts.

VCU has a sneaky good class incoming next year! Mayan Kiir, who's an Australian player I first heard about checking in on Exum and super quick PG Lavar Batts both have the tools to work their way into draft conversations.

Batts has since de-committed from VCU and committed to NC State.

Mo Bamba chooses Texas over Kentucky.

Main reason was his bond with Shaka Smart on the Team USA U18 team.

Also stated he saw Jarrett Allen improve a lot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz need a dominant long 2-way forward to go with their dominant center in Rudy and emerging dominant guard in Mitchell. I'm on the Metu bandwagon to start the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fy13Q2QWfk

Not sure how he'll measure (if any better than 2016--doubt it) but i would love Miles Bridges. I'm a Sparty fan so I'm biased but I think he has the tools to be 2 way player who can shoot the 3, rebound, pass, penetrate some (needs to work on this), and play some small ball 4. His measurements are similar to Hayward's but he's a better athlete while still being damn strong. I also love that he went back to school. He wants to win.

Of course he'll be out of our reach.

These are the names who I'm interested in outside of the top hype Freshman:

Josh Okogie: Young sophomore like John Collins (age wise). 7' wingspan SG out out of Georgia Tech. High FTR scorer with defensive upside.

Justin Jackson: Stretch 4 out of Maryland. Great shooter but only an average athlete. Huge 7'3 wingspan.

Jacob Evans: Probably my favorite as of right now in terms of guys who arent currently projected 1st round picks. 6'6 wing w/ all-around game. Complete athlete from Cincinnati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgDCX7GPnqY

Not sure how he'll measure (if any better than 2016--doubt it) but i would love Miles Bridges. I'm a Sparty fan so I'm biased but I think he has the tools to be 2 way player who can shoot the 3, rebound, pass, penetrate some (needs to work on this), and play some small ball 4. His measurements are similar to Hayward's but he's a better athlete while still being damn strong. I also love that he went back to school. He wants to win.

Of course he'll be out of our reach.

I like Miles Bridges a lot

Bridges will go lottery. I like him, but I don't think his upside is quite as high as Diallo's atm. I'm saying that not knowing if Diallo can shoot from distance.

These are the names who I'm interested in outside of the top hype Freshman:

Josh Okogie: Young sophomore like John Collins (age wise). 7' wingspan SG out out of Georgia Tech. High FTR scorer with defensive upside.

Justin Jackson: Stretch 4 out of Maryland. Great shooter but only an average athlete. Huge 7'3 wingspan.

Jacob Evans: Probably my favorite as of right now in terms of guys who arent currently projected 1st round picks. 6'6 wing w/ all-around game. Complete athlete from Cincinnati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgDCX7GPnqY

I will listen to you since you got mitchell spot on but dont go all Kuzma again please

I think Metu being more raw and physically tougher than Skal Labissiere will ultimately be at least as good a two-way player as Skal. It'll take a few years though. Putting him next to Rudy and our young backcourt would be sweet. He's the same age as Donovan Mitchell. So he could get onto our timeline within 2 - 3 years when the Warriors are ready to slow down a little.