What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

PJ Washington is a F I've been posting about for years here, long before UK was a rumored landing spot. Looks like he's transitioning smoothly from the 4 to the 3(The hotnickkkk special). Apparently he's averaging 20pts 10 rebs and 7 ast this season..

He definitely has A LOT of Millsapian qualities. (He's got way more hops tho - as seen here)

[tweet]817835676272103425[/tweet]

Jaren Jackson Jr is a player I have at #30 in my last 2018 mock. Rivals just bumped himup from the30's into the top-10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwFAOE0df5M

It's good to see Rivals put Billy Preston all the way up to #8, he's obviously super old for this class but that doesn't mean ya should sandbag his ranking over it.. top-10 is much more of a true indicator of his talent/skill/productivity.

If I need a bucket I'd definitely choose Preston over Knox (One's more PF-ish the others more a SF)

Those here who enjoy cackling over players intelligence are not gonna be fans of Billy Preston.

MJ Walker continues to creep up the rankings, now at #20. I correctly identified him as one of the highest upside 4-star players a while back and he's done nothing but ascend the rankings since...

Ray's nephew - Jalek Felton is back to 5-star status. This footage is just a week old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_wjtFTIOc

Lindell Wigginton, who I've been mentioning since he was ranked in the 50-70 range, is up to #31.

I believe he'll be a better pro out of ISU than Monte Morris who's one of the best PG's in college. He's a Devonte Graham or even Quinn Cook style PG, really nice skillset for scoring the ball. great floater!!

At 6'7" with crazy athleticism Savion Flagg(Texas A&M) is one of my favorite 4-star players in this class (and I have a lot of em). If his J improves he's an obvious draft target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLPiEGDCm_8

Here's the aforementioned Jaren Jackson Jr.'s funky shooting mechanics (on a 4pt play) He shoots a bit of a quick release Shawn Marion typa shot.
[tweet]817845636338855937[/tweet]
He's gonna matchup vs Marvin Bagley in 3 days. In the matchup from the clip vs Findlay Prep he dropped 27 14 boards and 2 blocks.

Here's Kobe dunking on Jaren Jackson Sr. (who was 6'4 --- Junior is 6'10") who plyed 13 NBA seasons as a journeyman and also was coaching in the D-League a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkl8weyYdqk

Isaac Bonga already has a loud game with a tantalizing mix of skills. But the U18 Fraport Skyliners Frankfurt point guard is looking to step up leadership-wise at the EUROLEAGUE BASKETBALL ADIDAS NEXT GENERATION TOURNAMENT Kaunas.

Bonga has been Frankfurt's top player in Kaunas, averaging 12.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks through two games in Group A – albeit two losses.

"I have to be a leader," said the 2.03-meter 17-year-old. "It's a young group and I am also young, but I am one of the older guys here. I want to be a role model for the other guys. And to be the guy to whom the guys look up and say they want to be like me."

After he missed two major national team tournaments in 2016 with injuries, Bonga was one of the biggest names people were looking forward to seeing in Kaunas. Now healthy, Bonga is flashing the tools that make him one of the top prospects of his generation in all of Europe.

This is the second time ANGT fans have seen Bonga, whose parents were both born in the Democratic Republic of Congo. He helped U18 Brose Bamberg reach the semifinals of the 2015-16 ANGT Torneig de Bàsquet Junior Ciutat de L'Hospitalet, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team by averaging 12.3 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.8 steals.

"Last year helped me a lot. I was one of the good players but we also had Moritz Sanders and Arnoldas Kulboka. Now I have good young guys and I have to take responsibility now," said Bonga, who had 16 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals in the opening day 65-94 loss against U18 Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius.

That defeat made Bonga realize even more that he needed to be more of a leader: "Sometimes, if things aren't going well, I just have to take the ball and say guys I'm going to do something now. Just be a leader."

Bonga started in the sport when he was 7 years old, playing street ball in Neuwied. He moved to the local club at 9 years old and last season was sharing time with fourth division side Koblenz and the youth teams of Fraport Skyliners Frankfurt.

Bonga has sports in his family. His 20-year-old older brother Tarsis Bonga plays in the youth ranks for German football power Bayer Leverkusen. And Isaac said his younger brother, the 2005-born Joshua, is already wowing observers, playing in a U16 league.

Bonga's father came to Germany from the Democratic Republic of Congo about 20 years with the original intent of heading on to Canada. He ended up staying in Frankfurt and moved to Koblenz, where he lives with Isaac's mother, who is also from DR Congo. Bonga said his oldest brother still lives in Africa.

Bonga, who is a big fan of Dwyane Wade, signed a four-year deal with Frankfurt last off-season because of the chances the club offers.

The 2.03-meter guard already made his debut in the German BBL league, playing the last 29 seconds of Frankfurt's game in late September at Brose Bamberg in front of nearly 7,000 fans. He has played four times for Frankfurt in the top flight, but not since early November. Instead he is playing in the U19 NBBL league and the third division ProB.

The game in Bamberg was an early reward from the Frankfurt coaching staff for Bonga's work in training camp. Bonga was excited about playing a high level after he missed the 2016 Albert Schweitzer Tournament in April because of an injury. And then in December, Bonga was hit in the thigh and ended up missing the FIBA U18 European Championship 2016.

Bonga was only cleared to play on Friday before the ANGT Kaunas started. When asked how he felt being able to finally play again in a high level tournament, Bonga said: "I am really happy because I was really angry about not being able to play. But now it's time for me to be a leader."

https://www.adidasngt.com/u18/news/...-responsibility-atop-bonga-s-development-list

#3 Player in this class Wendell Carter just dropped 28 and 16 in adouble OT loss to Nick Richards team who had 10 6 and 4 blocks andfouled out (altered a ton of shots) They were trying to keep Carter on the perimiter in sortof a K. Love type of way but, shot poorly from the field --- but went like 22/24 from the FT line

Coach Cal was in attendance.

Here's the McDonalds All-American teams, and yes I've mentioned every single player here already -- Including Charles O'Bannon Jr. when he was rated 4-stars and outside of the top-50!

East team: Mohamed Bamba (uncommitted), Wendell Carter (Duke), Trevon Duval (uncommitted), Quade Green (Kentucky), Kevin Knox (uncommitted), Nick Richards (Kentucky), Mitchell Robinson (Western Kentucky), Collin Sexton (Alabama), Lonnie Walker (Miami), PJ Washington (Kentucky), Kris Wilkes (UCLA), Jarred Vanderbilt (Kentucky).

West team: DeAndre Ayton (Arizona), Brian Bowen (uncommitted), Troy Brown (Oregon), Jaylen Hands (UCLA), Jalen Jackson (Michigan State), Brandon McCoy (uncommitted), Charles O’Bannon Jr. (USC), Michael Porter Jr. (Washington), Billy Preston (Kansas), Gary Trent Jr. (Duke), M.J. Walker (uncommitted), Trae Young (uncommitted).

Michael Porter Jr is clearly going to be better than Hayward. I've got super high conviction. In fact I'd say that Porter Jr in HS is certainly much better than Hayward as a Fr. in college, it's probably not even close..

Before I go even further, this disclaimer is once again necessary. It's ridiculous Michael Porter Jr isn't eligible for the 2017 draft. He'd go top-3. These athletes are getting flexed on by greedy players unions, the league is certainly at fault too.

There's no doubt that he could help most every team next year off the bench.. Especially a team like the Suns,he'd do wonders there and quickly IMO -- NEXT SEASON. He'd be in the ROY convo.

Zach Brown has gotta be the stupidest recruit I can recall. It's been said taller people are smarter, well not in his case. He's an imbecile.

ESPN 100 big man Zach Brown has been released from his letter of intent to St. John's. Was reportedly arrested for theft earlier this month.

Kameron McGusty (one of my favorite 4-star SG Freshman along with Kevin Huerter) with a strong 1st half showing vs #10 WVU - 12 points. Leading the charge for a resume building upset.

Trae Young to Kansas is all but a done deal after his dad posted this bombshell (and quickly deleted it) on twitter

1Q7TEwLn.jpg

I'm up sick and bored listening to TED talks, so here's a 2018 "mock" that coincides with the 2017 update from yesterday.
Good amount of re shuffling from the mock i posted a month ago. Yes, there's 2 picks at 16 25 and 27 idgaf.

1 - Michael Porter Jr. 6'10" SF/SG - Washington (HS Sr.)
2 - Mo Bamba - 7' - C/PF - Undecided (HS Sr.)
3 - DeAndre Ayton 7' PF/C - Arizona (HS Sr.)
4 - Luka Doncic 6'8" SG/PG/SF - Real Madrid - International '99
5 - Wendell Carter Jr. - 6'9½" PF/C - Duke (HS Sr.)
6 - Collin Sexton - 6'2" PG - Alabama (HS Sr.)
7 - Trevon Duval - 6'3" PG - Undecided (HS Sr.)
8 - Isaac Bonga - 6'9" SF/PG/SG - Frankfurt - International '99
9 - Brandon McCoy - 7' C/PF - Undecided (HS Sr.)
10 - Kevin Knox - 6'8" SF - Undecided (HS Sr.)
11 - Gary Trent Jr. 6'5" SG - Duke (HS Sr.)
12 - Jaren Jackson Jr. 6'10" PF - Michigan St. - (HS Sr.)
13 - Jarred Vanderbilt 6'9" SF - Kentucky (HS Sr.)
14 - Brian Bowen 6'7" SG/SF - Undecided - (HS Sr.)
15 - Nick Richards 6'11" C/PF - Kentucky (HS Sr.)
16 - Rui Hachimuira 6'9" SF - Gonzaga - Fr. - Troy Brown 6'6" SF/PG/SG - Oregon - (HS Sr.)
17 - Lonnie Walker 6'6" SG - Miami (HS Sr.)
18 - Kris Wilkes 6'8" SF -UCLA - (HS Sr.)
19 - Billy Preston 6'9½" PF - Kansas (HS Sr.)
20 - Austin Wiley 6'11" C - Auburn - Fr. (Too young for the 2017 draft)
21 - Marques Bolden 6'11" C - Duke - Fr.DJ Hogg - 6'9" SF - Texas A&M - So.
22 - Trae Young PG 6'2" - Undecided - (HS Sr.)
23 - Mitchell Robinson 6'11" C/PF - Western Kentucky - (HS Sr.)
24 - Malik Williams 6'10" PF - Louisville (HS Sr.)
25 - Jacob Evans 6'6" SF - Cincinnati - So. - Kostja Mushidi 6'5" SG - Mega Leks '98
26 - Deng Adel - 6'7" SF - Louisville - So.
27 - Dzanan Musa 6'9" SF - Cedevita - International '99 - Chemizie Metu 6'10" PF/C - USC - So.
28 - Frank Jackson PG - 6'3" Duke - Fr.
29 - Andrew Jones 6'5" PG/SG - Texas - Fr.
30 - Ray Spaulding 6'10" PF - Louisville - So.

2nd rd

31 - Borisa Simanic 6'10" PF - Red Star - '98 International
32 - LaGerald Vick 6'5" SG - Kansas - So.
33 - VJ Beachem 6'8" SF - Notre Dame - Jr.
34 - Donovann Mitchell 6'2" PG - Louisville - So.
35 - Isaac Haas 7'2" C - Purdue - Jr.
36 - Caleb Swanigan 6'9" PF - Purdue - So.
37 - Kyle Guy - 6'3" PG - Virginia - Fr.
38 - Keita Bates-Diop 6'8" SF - Ohio State - Jr.
39 - Kyle Kuzma 6'9" PF - Utah - Jr.
40 - Yante Maten 6'8" PF - Georgia - Jr.
41 - Vince Edwards 6'8" SF/SG - Purdue - Jr.
42 - Tadas Sedekerskis - 6'8" SF - Baskonia - '98 International
43 - Donta Hall 6'10 PF - Alabama - So.
44 - Elijah Stewart 6'5" SG - USC - Jr.
45 - Matthew Fischer-Davis 6'5" SG - Vanderbilt - Jr.
46 - Matisse Thybulle 6'5" SG - Washington - So.
47 - Killian Tillie - 6'10" PF - Gonzaga - Fr.
48 - Olle Lundqvist 6'9 SF - Jamtland Basket - '99 International
49 - Jerome Robinson 6'5" PG - Boston College - So.
50 - LJ Peak 6'5" SG - Georgetown - Jr.
51 - Santiago Yusta 6'7" SG/SF - Obradoiro - '98 International
52 - Quinton Rose - 6'8" SG/SF - Temple - Fr.
53 - Hayden Dalton 6'10 PF/SF - Wyoming - Jr.
54 - Malik Newman - 6'3" SG - Kansas - (RS So.)
55 - Jaylen Adams - 6'2" PG - St. Bonaventure - Jr.
56 - Viny Okouo 7'2" C - Malaga - International '97
57 - Devin Robinson - 6'8" SF - Florida - Jr.
58 - Markis MacDuffie - 6'8" SF - Wichita St. - So.
59 - Bashir Ahmed - 6'8" SF - St. Johns - Jr.
60 - Jeremy Hemsley 6'3" PG - SDSU - So.