What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Tony Carr brehs. He's probably gonna climb late in this process, NBA teams love taking fliers on guards like that at the end of the first.

Ignore feature ? lol this thread / forum is so dead you dont use it because you'll just click on this thread and see no updates.

Boris Diaw and Joe Johnson are really helping Utah in this playoff series. LOL you are ignorant to the entire premise as long as it fits into your ****** punchlines, what do you know about dialogue LOL. Thats where the $$$ went. Harrison Barnes scored 19ppg on a team who's owner was fined for publicly saying they were tanking, and he's 25 years old.... And Hayward left, as I predicted and said barnes would be a form of insurance for.

Barnes is overpaid and would be a bad contract for this team.

Barnes is overpaid and would be a bad contract for this team.
Harrison+Barnes+Basketball+Olympics+Day+16+Tm5rZzA1Gy0l.jpg

He's good enough to play for Team USA basketball but not the Jazz right?

Barnes would have 2 seasons left on his deal LOL, you think he'd be untradable?? he's 25 years old.......................... Half this thread is filled with people calling for a combo forward who can shoot and defend type...

Truth is; he was a perfect fit here. he was ran out of town in golden state just like half this team and the coach were ran out of town elsewhere.

What part of the move was absolutely one of the best to prep for Haywards obvious departure don;t you understand?? instead they wasted a season AND A LOTTERY PICK (George Hill) appeasing Hayward, who wasn't swayed by those advances.... U must not deal well with rejection if you can't see the vision behind that move.

George Hill, Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw cost twice as much as Barnes --- Ur argument has no legs, you're like a ho defending how their pimp spends their $$$$. You're like the black knight in Monty Python claiming it's only a flesh wound here. At least u got the chops to continue on with your foolishness, most of the arguments I win around here are met with even greater doses of denial.

It'd be Jerebko's roster spot too so slice off his 5MM from the books, the cap ****ing all adds up.... you're arguing basically to save the owner some $$$.. The roster spots all line up, they could fill in next years team on just RFA's(exum) and draft picks, it was plenty feasible.

It was just the notion that they should offer i suggested, which was met with PAGES of resistance.. it was a good idea, deal with it..

23dfb2770a30e01e149ff1611d70a5ec--harrison-barnes-golden-state-warriors.jpg

He'd have also provided some bit of insurance for if Favors walks this summer, which remains to be seen..... You'd be crazy to think they couldn't have unloaded his deal at this past deadline too. There'd have been 5-10 teams bidding on his services. He'd be tradeable at this years draft too, easily return a young player/asset, maybe 2 and an expiring.

Last edited:
I've seen much pgab hate since I've been posting here, the dudes who hate on him usually either boring and bland as canned fruit or herd minded. Keep telling it how it Gilles! :p:p

Well when you say "prediction" it's usually about something that will happen. Like "the Jazz will draft player x" then we can know if your prediction is wrong or right. There is no real way to tell if your predictions are right. That's all I'm saying.

75% of your predictions are obvious because they are "The Jazz will think and discuss this thing" because that's literately what they are paid to do during the draft.

I'll make a hard prediction: The Jazz will try to trade up 4 - 5 spots to make sure they can draft Jontay Porter. They'll offer their #21 pick and one of Udoh or Bradley to a team like the Bucks or Wizards that needs a cost-effective big and wants another player at #21. The Jazz have wanted a legit pick-and-pop big and above-the-break shooter for years, and there's a 6'11", 18 year-old prospect they can work with nearly staring them in the face. The Jazz likely have to get above the Spurs (#18) to draft Porter.

After the Bridges are off the board, Porter is going to be very high on the Jazz's shortlist. He stands out as a unique and valuable prospect in the middle of the first round.

I'll make a hard prediction: The Jazz will try to trade up 4 - 5 spots to make sure they can draft Jontay Porter. They'll offer their #21 pick and one of Udoh or Bradley to a team like the Bucks or Wizards that needs a cost-effective big and wants another player at #21. The Jazz have wanted a legit pick-and-pop big and above-the-break shooter for years, and there's a 6'11", 18 year-old prospect they can work with nearly staring them in the face. The Jazz likely have to get above the Spurs (#18) to draft Porter.

After the Bridges are off the board, Porter is going to be very high on the Jazz's shortlist. He stands out as a unique and valuable prospect in the middle of the first round.
Spurs arent drafting Porter, guarantee that.

The Nets got Jarrett Allen at #22 last year, he's a different but way better prospect.

I don't see how Jontay is gonna go that high either. It'd be safer to try and trade up for Lonnie Walker IMO.

Jazz aren't gonna trade up for a project big. If they trade up it should be into the top-10 for Mikal Bridges if possible, thats a real powermove possibility.

Malik Newman could be a damn good 2nd rd pick at #52 if he falls that far for Utah. Pretty good fit, Anfernee Simons in the first rd is much better tho.

Nah, don't really like Sexton. Nobody in the late lotto range I like enough to trade up for. Maybe if Mikal fell a little.

I just don't see how we'd get up into the lotto for one of the Bridges. There's a chance Walker could drop a bit -- say, maybe 17 or 18. That could be within reach. I agree that Porter is a couple years away. He's still 18. But he's got just about everything a modern big should have -- size, three-level scoring, passing, enough rebounding a bit of rim-protection. He just needs to work on his body.

How much have we talked about Josh Okogie from Ga. Tech this year? He's a pretty solid 2-way guard that may be comparable talent-wise to Walker. Avg'd great numbers for a 6'4" soph -- 18.2 / 6.3 / 2.5 / 1.8 spg / 1.0 bpg / 38% 3-pt on 4.2 attempts per game. He doesn't turn 20 until Sept.

Also, this Houston Rockets series should show anyone how much of a joke it is to think about drafting Jontay Porter.

Jazz should definitely be in "Can this guy help us against the elite teams"" mode of draft evaluation and a slow undersized center aint helping.

Last edited:
And Okogie is nice. He is super long, measured w/ a 7' wingspan this past summer for the U19 team. He isnt really great at anything. I'm interested to see how he test athletically because he doesnt really seem that explosive to me. He reminds me a lot of Sindarius Thornwell from last year, but obviously a lot younger.

Shamet isn't the most exciting player, but I'd be satisfied with him. Looking over some of his numbers at hoop-math...

TS%: .655 (elite)
FG at rim: 71% (pretty good for a 6'4" average athlete)
Jumpers: 37.5% (weak, might not be quick enough to shake defenders on pick and rolls?)
3PT%: 44% on 6 attempts per game (money in the bank)

Shamet isn't the most exciting player, but I'd be satisfied with him. Looking over some of his numbers at hoop-math...

TS%: .655 (elite)
FG at rim: 71% (pretty good for a 6'4" average athlete)
Jumpers: 37.5% (weak, might not be quick enough to shake defenders on pick and rolls?)
3PT%: 44% on 6 attempts per game (money in the bank)

Choo Choo

I just don't see how we'd get up into the lotto for one of the Bridges. There's a chance Walker could drop a bit -- say, maybe 17 or 18. That could be within reach. I agree that Porter is a couple years away. He's still 18. But he's got just about everything a modern big should have -- size, three-level scoring, passing, enough rebounding a bit of rim-protection. He just needs to work on his body.

How much have we talked about Josh Okogie from Ga. Tech this year? He's a pretty solid 2-way guard that may be comparable talent-wise to Walker. Avg'd great numbers for a 6'4" soph -- 18.2 / 6.3 / 2.5 / 1.8 spg / 1.0 bpg / 38% 3-pt on 4.2 attempts per game. He doesn't turn 20 until Sept.

I like Okogie he's got a lot of work still to do to get drafted near the 1st rd though. Strong kid, good hands, he can play some SF vs shorter matchups. He's definitely on the list of kids who should consider returning to increase his stock, its possible, GA Tech has another sneaky good incoming freshman class.

What about Gary Trent Jr in the 1st? The Jazz like to shoot corner 3's and im pretty sure his percentages from the corners are extra juicy. He plays a smart under control brand of ball, with one year of seasoning he's a possible weapon/sniper off the bench, he's not gonna be explosive but he's got a nice frame to strengthen up over the years.

Should've used the ol dirty bastard song cold blooded for this vid.

Who are peoples favorite 2nd round targets? I've made my love for Gary Clark clear (I think he should be a 1st rounder, but nobody is mocking him there currently), Devon Hall is another guy I like - lot of parallels with Brogdon.

I love the draft so thanks to you who post opinions and insight on potential draftees.

Lindsey spent most of his assets, not much remains for him to work with. So im curious to see what he works this offseason to fill the gaps.

Who are peoples favorite 2nd round targets? I've made my love for Gary Clark clear (I think he should be a 1st rounder, but nobody is mocking him there currently), Devon Hall is another guy I like - lot of parallels with Brogdon.

Svi Mykhailiuk and Arnoldas Kulboka could be nice picks in the 50s, Malik Newman.

Vince Edwards would be nice value at that spot he can pass and run the system, smart offensive player and 6'8".

If Shamorie Ponds stays in he could be a fun option too. Sparkplug scorer.