What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I just can't get excited about skinny players who dont project to be switchable on defense.
i'm a big robinson fan, but i get that and generally agree. i feel the same about Grayson and Donte. Not so much about Musa and Jerome. I guess the only explanation is that i really believe in the latter as shooter/scorers.

Hang on, JRob is 6'5 with a 6'7 wingspan, that's the same wingspan as Huerter, how is he not switchable on defense?!?!
A decent amount skinnier while being 1.5 years older. Huerter at least has a solid frame to put some weight on. I could see his playing weight being 210-215 which would allow him to survive against 3's. Robinson would get eaten alive.

Plus Huerter has the elite shooting potential.

I have Robinson ahead of Huerter for the Jazz. If you're worried about Robinson getting crowded on his jumper and not being able to blow by defenders, wait til you see Huerter try to beat a defense off the dribble. Robinson is a lot craftier with the ball. Robinson also has better shooting percentages than Huerter.

People are raising the same concerns about Jerome Robinson that were raised about Jamal Murray at Kentucky:
-- He's not an explosive athlete. What if he can't get by people? What if he can't get space?
-- Can he defend at all?
-- Can he really play on the ball at the next level?

Not to say that these aren't concerns, but every player has concerns. J. Robinson is going to be an 18 - 20-pt scorer. He can play on or off the ball, he can create his own looks, he projects to knock down 37% or so of his 3s. He's the most advanced offensive player in our range.

I think Robinson will do better with NBA spacing than he did in college. He was facing traps and double-teams constantly due to the fact that his team basically sucked. He had to make difficult plays constantly.

Robinson WILL do better with spacing in the NBA. Shot-making is highly valuable skill so long as you are not a sieve on defense. I think his defense is acceptable and he would be a great 3rd guard behind Rubio and Donovan.

Robinson, Hutchison, and Frazier are my picks for this draft if we don't move from the 21st pick.

Robinson WILL do better with spacing in the NBA. Shot-making is highly valuable skill so long as you are not a sieve on defense. I think his defense is acceptable and he would be a great 3rd guard behind Rubio and Donovan.

Robinson, Hutchison, and Frazier are my picks for this draft if we don't move from the 21st pick.
Ehh, spacing helps the guys who need to drive. Robinson is a jump shot dependent type of player. Yes, he will get some nice open looks, but he will have the ball way less and wont be able to take all the difficult shots he is use to as a primary option.

I have Robinson ahead of Huerter for the Jazz. If you're worried about Robinson getting crowded on his jumper and not being able to blow by defenders, wait til you see Huerter try to beat a defense off the dribble. Robinson is a lot craftier with the ball. Robinson also has better shooting percentages than Huerter.
Yeah, but Huerter's game isnt beating defenders, its spot up shooting and coming off screens off movement. Plus he will be a better off ball cutter than Robinson with his strength. At 21 I'm not looking for a primary scorer. The only guy can possibly do that at 21 is Okobo.