What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

The thing that scares me about Jerome Robinson is that I'm not sure he can create space in the NBA. He struggled to get space in college. He had a lot of his shot attempts blocked, deflected, stripped as he went to the rim. It's going to be even harder to get space in the NBA.

The thing that scares me about Jerome Robinson is that I'm not sure he can create space in the NBA. He struggled to get space in college. He had a lot of his shot attempts blocked, deflected, stripped as he went to the rim. It's going to be even harder to get space in the NBA.
And he's real ugly.

I like Huerter. But something that I'm somewhat concerned with is his defensive effort and effort on hustle plays. He seems to float on defense a lot in every game I watch. He's reactionary on defense instead of proactive. Sometimes there's a loose ball and he can't be bothered to get on the floor for it. Here's a good vid of what I mean...

As opposed to DiVincenzo who isn't afraid to bulldog the ball handler, fight for a loose ball, go get a rebound (just for a comparison)...

Jerome Robinson has a nice offensive game but he is awful defensively, unless he improves dramatically on that end of the floor he would never be a part of Quins rotation.

Im just not a fan of guys like Allen/Robinson/Donte D because they are going to be 1 position defenders and not going to be able to switch at all. Okobo kind of fits that mold too, to an extent (he is the longer than all of those guys) but he has high level playmaking upside I believe in.

Ugh, my worst nightmare coming true. I might cry if the Jazz draft Brunson.

What was CJ McCollum like when he came out of college? I don't think he was an elite athlete neither. Don't think he was exploding to the basket or creating huge amount of space. But he knew how to score the basketball and he could really stroke it from deep, and those skills transferred to the NBA.

I see Jerome Robinson as a poor man's CJ McCollum (so far). If he could achieve anywhere near the success CJ could at #21 that is gonna be a steal.

1 Ayton / Suns
2 Bagley / Kings
3 JJJ / Hawks
4 Doncic / Grizz
5 Bamba / Mavs
6 Carter / Magic
7 Porter Jr. / Bulls
8 Young / Cavs
9 Knox / Knicks
10 Mikal / Sixers
11 SGA / Hornets
12 Sexton / Clips
13 Walker / Clips
14 Miles / Nuggets
15 Williams / Wizards
16 Z. Smith / Suns
17 J. Robinson / Bucks
18 Troy Brown / Spurs
19 Holiday / Hawks
20 Donte / T'wolves
21 Huerter / Jazz
22 KBD / Bulls
23 Okobo / Pacers
24 Musa / Blazers
25 Melton / Lakers
26 M. Robinson / Sixers
27 Okogie / Celtics
28 Allen / Warriors
29 Hutchison / Nets
30 Evans / Hawks

31 Khyri / Suns
32 Frazier / Grizzlies
33 Bruce Brown / Mavs
34 Simons / Hawks
35 Brunson / Magic

Damn, if Robinson is picked 17th I'm gonna be pissed.

How many of his shots were blocked, deflected, stripped, etc, in comparison to other NBA prospects? The average ncaa wing?

Did he have some shots blocked, deflected or stripped? no doubt he did. But everybody else did too. What can you show us to help us know whether it was a real issue in comparison to other prospect or payers? Otherwise it seems like an issue you are making up.

I like Huerter. But something that I'm somewhat concerned with is his defensive effort and effort on hustle plays. He seems to float on defense a lot in every game I watch. He's reactionary on defense instead of proactive. Sometimes there's a loose ball and he can't be bothered to get on the floor for it. Here's a good vid of what I mean...

As opposed to DiVincenzo who isn't afraid to bulldog the ball handler, fight for a loose ball, go get a rebound (just for a comparison)...

That’s why I really like DD.