What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Wait the draft is before the guarantee date for those contracts right? So we could trade them and the salary is just completely off the books. Is that exactly what Memphis wants?

21, 2019 first, expiring contracts, and maybe Crowder if they want some kind of real player, for Parsons and #4.

It’s a deal I do instantly, which makes me think there is no way it’s fair for them. But I also have no idea about their FO state of mind. Are they just trying to save money?

God, Doncic or JJJ....

How bad do they want to get rid of Parsons? Imagine if Doncic was still there at 4...

I can’t really see any way it works for us though. Unless getting rid of that contract is worth just taking 21 and filler salaries.
If that happened, this board would explode. I would start the build a statue for DL campaign. I would do that deal in a heart beat.

Twitter is alright with fans begging Memphis to take much better offers than that one. Unsurprisingly.

So ignore my ramblings, I got caught on a dream for a brief moment.

Wait the draft is before the guarantee date for those contracts right? So we could trade them and the salary is just completely off the books. Is that exactly what Memphis wants?

21, 2019 first, expiring contracts, and maybe Crowder if they want some kind of real player, for Parsons and #4.

It’s a deal I do instantly, which makes me think there is no way it’s fair for them. But I also have no idea about their FO state of mind. Are they just trying to save money?

God, Doncic or JJJ....

Nope, the only money that will count in the trade is the guaranteed money. You cannot give them cap relief at this point by sending out contracts that will expire in a few weeks.

Hell to the No on Ntilikina... had him on my fantasy team last year and he's stiff as a board. Can't dribble. Can't shoot. Can't drive.

I just don't like a guard who can't create his own shot.... reminds me too much of Exum without the explosive drive/finish.

Pass.

If lebron leaves I’d do Love for parsons and 4 if I were Cleveland. Grizz are obsessed with making the playoffs

I know but a lot of them have him in the second round too. With the guard and wing depth in this class I think it's very possible he slips. I don't think he'll go before guys like Walker, Okobo, Brown, Smith, Huerter, Divincenzo, Hutchison. He might not go before guys like Evans, Frazier, Thomas, Musa either.

I think you'll be surprised. Guess we'll see.

My current takes on players around where we're picking:

Grayson: HELL NO.
Troy Brown: NO!!!
Musa: NO!!
Bates-Diop: Maybe
Hutchison: Maybe
Khyri: Maybe
Okobo: YES!
Huerter: YES!!
Jerome Robinson: HELL YES!!!

Last edited:
Why not make irrational trade suggestions for the Memphis pick... here's mine:

Burks, Bradley, Jerebko, Sefolosha, 21, and next year's pick for Parsons and #4.

Watch us rehabilitate Parsons and revive the Parsons vs. Hayward debate.

Locke is not impressing me much this offseason...

Other than his Favors on/off numbers which I thought was insightful. But even then he seems reluctant to say that it actually means anything definitively.

Locke is admittedly not a college fan. I don't think he follows the game at all until he starts looking at draft prospects. His opinions are based off of probably 1-2 full games on each prospect, I wouldn't put much stock into them at all.

Okay, here's that Okogie and Jerome Robinson workout we've been needing. I think both Okogie and J. Robinson are seriously in play for #21, more so than Grayson Allen or Donte Divincenzo ever were.

Last edited:
Parson is the worst 2 year contract in the NBA. Shedding him would be big for Memphis especially if they aren't sold on anybody in particular. Here's how it would have to work:

Burks, Udoh, Jerekbo, #21 and maybe some other minor draft compensation for Parsons and #4: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ych5cq29 (I have used Wes Matthews as an example. His contract, $18 million, equals what Burks, Udoh and Jerekbo would be if we guaranteed Udoh and Jerekbo for next year).

By trading the bare minimum to Memphis through expirings, they actually save $7 million for next season in addition to saving Parsons' $25 million for 2019/20. That doesn't even count the difference between the salary the #4 and #21. Memphis saves a ton of money.

If this is even remotely possible, this must be done. Adding Jaren Jackson, Doncic, or Bagley to our future would be absolutely incredible.

Regarding Anfernee Simons, I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a prospect with his length, athleticism and scoring instincts fail in the league. I feel like even if he never becomes a defender and he just chucks all the time, he'd still be something close to Jamal Crawford. His talent level really is lottery caliber. If he fails, it will be due to lack of effort.

Regarding Josh Okogie, his length, athleticism and the relentless energy he plays with make it entirely possible, if not likely, that he becomes a better player than Lonnie Walker, who seems to coast quite a bit. Josh's tools combined with his competitiveness, plus the basics of his game already in place, give him really significant upside. This guy has potential to impact every play he's in the game. He just needs to polish up his moves and play more under control. I think he's as good a prospect as Zhaire Smith overall, though they play differently.

People seem to be misinterpreting this Parsons report... if the #4 pick is involved it's way more complicated than some simple salary dump. the Jazz aren't players for #4, no way.....