What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

He was just 19.3 years old when the season started and went from 9.3 points per game to 14.8. That’s pretty solid improvement. His TS% exploded too despite more touches from 55.4% to 64.0%. I don’t love the kid but I think you’re overstating his weaknesses.
Great point.

Now, how could anybody like Huerter more than Khyri.

Offensive numbers are pretty similar- Khyri with a slight edge: 65% TS to Huerter 64%, Huerter 17ppg per 40, Khyri 19 ppg per 40, Khyri 22 PER, Huerter 19.

Khyri slightly better, but we'll call it even.

Now Khyri is a two time conference defensive player of the year and has the length to defend in the league.

Huerter really can't play defense and lacks length.

Not really intentionally picking on Huerter, but it if you want a shooter, why not go with the one who is also the D of 3 and D rather than just the 3?

Great point.

Now, how could anybody like Huerter more than Khyri.

Offensive numbers are pretty similar- Khyri with a slight edge: 65% TS to Huerter 64%, Huerter 17ppg per 40, Khyri 19 ppg per 40, Khyri 22 PER, Huerter 19.

Khyri slightly better, but we'll call it even.

Now Khyri is a two time conference defensive player of the year and has the length to defend in the league.

Huerter really can't play defense and lacks length.

Not really intentionally picking on Huerter, but it if you want a shooter, why not go with the one who is also the D of 3 and D rather than just the 3?

For one, Thomas is almost three years older than Huerter. Moreover, I think there is massive upside for Huerter should he improve his FT%. I also think Huerter could be a solid defender. Maybe not Thomas good but solid. But yeah, the near three year age gap is huge.

huerter might be the most overrated guy on JF. Thought it was Troy Brown, but he's sorta polarizing. Seems everybody is on board with Huerter - maybe not as top guy, but everybody seems to like him.

not that good. lacks length, passive. can't create his own offense. all teams had to do was stick to him at Maryland and he was useless. poor man's Luke Kennard.

Man, I very much disagree.

And for argument sake, let’s say all Huerter ever did for us was require a defense to stick a guy to him and never leave him......

So there were reports that they wanted to trade back up to get Young, and now they supposedly want to trade back to get him...

For one, Thomas is almost three years older than Huerter. Moreover, I think there is massive upside for Huerter should he improve his FT%. I also think Huerter could be a solid defender. Maybe not Thomas good but solid. But yeah, the near three year age gap is huge.
So age. Okay. But is age going to fix defense?

So age. Okay. But is age going to fix defense?
I've read he's an okay defender that puts in effort. His shooting form is also better which matters. I'm guessing here, but I would think the number of shots made from 30-ish feet is in Huerter's favor as well.

Well, maybe everyone on JF are at a huge disadvantage when evaluating players. They don't get to see workouts or interview players. People fall in love with highlights. The draft is a crapshoot
at best. Heck even the Jazz front office can't agree who to pick.

I don't think everyone is lathered up about Huerter. He is on a lot of people's list but many posters are including him with other players they like. Most every player has flaws. Personally, I am just going to sit back and watch to see what DL does. He has more information than everyone else and he still screws it up like all GMs. My hope is that the Jazz can improve their team tomorrow in some way.

Atlanta is in a great spot right now. Other teams are dying to get Doncic and Bamba and it looks like both will be available at 3. They can get a kings ransom for that pick if they want to trade it.