What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Dante. Locke said he avoided working out for the Jazz. I can't remember if Burke worked out for us, but I feel like he didn't either.

Haters gonna hate, Ainge has done a masterful job building that arsenal of 1st round picks. That grand larceny of Brooklyn was an all-timer.

Not to be a downer but I am predicting a ho-hum draft night from a trade activity standpoint. I feel like the harder a draft is to peg (which this one is), teams are more hesitant to engage in serious trade talks and part with valuable assets to maneuver. So I’m skeptical that the chatter will lead to a flurry of movement.

This is also a hot take. I’m fairly intoxicated and should probably not be sharing my thoughts with anyone right now.

Hope I’m wrong. #flameaway

You know how Walt and DL said that this year there are twice the number of players in consideration for the Jazz pick. Well now we know why #LockeWatch is giving up so many mixed signals. I still think the list is something along the lines of - Huerter, Allen, Musa, Wagner, Melvin Frazier

You know how Walt and DL said that this year there are twice the number of players in consideration for the Jazz pick. Well now we know why #LockeWatch is giving up so many mixed signals. I still think the list is something along the lines of - Huerter, Allen, Musa, Wagner, Melvin Frazier

I think Wagner was out of his top five as of his newest pod. Musa was lower too, I think he said he cooled on him. Seems like there's gonna be a lot of choices...doesn't look like we're gonna make a trade :/

This year the Jazz may have more of a draft dartboard instead of a draft board. Just close your eyes and throw a dart at the names on the list. Unless someone slides, there might be a dozen prospects separated by a collective eyelash. I think the argument may be due you take a player who can contribute right away off the bench, or do you draft a young prospect who needs time to develop (at least you hope he develops).

About Wagner... I don't get it. Drafting yet another center! How many centers do we need? Good, he can stretch the floor? What is the ceiling to this pick? Do we realize that the BEST CASE scenario is he plays 15 minutes a game! Is this what we are aiming for with this pick? Do we expect him to overtake Gobert any time soon? WTF? You can get 15 minutes a game centers in the league for close to nothing in FA.

Have we given up on Bradley already? A year after spending 2 good picks on him? This makes no sense?

I think Wagner was out of his top five as of his newest pod. Musa was lower too, I think he said he cooled on him. Seems like there's gonna be a lot of choices...doesn't look like we're gonna make a trade :/
If their not sure, trade the **** down.

My guess is that the Jazz like guys whom Locke hasn't mentioned--Hutchison, Okobo, Okogie, Brown, KBD, etc. He's pimping guys that are below our range.