What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I think Wagner was out of his top five as of his newest pod. Musa was lower too, I think he said he cooled on him. Seems like there's gonna be a lot of choices...doesn't look like we're gonna make a trade :/

He seems to have changed his mind again. He was on Talkin' Sports tonight with Dave Fox and he listed his top 4:

1.Wagner
2.Huerter
3.Allen
4.Donte D

My prediction

We stay at 21 and take one of the following... Okobo, Donte D, Brown, Musa, Huerter or KBD

Then we trade up into the 25-40 range to take someone else. My guess is Melvin Frazier. I really think the Jazz are high on Frazier and keeping it on the low. I wouldn't be stunned if they took him at 21.

My guess is that the Jazz like guys whom Locke hasn't mentioned--Hutchison, Okobo, Okogie, Brown, KBD, etc. He's pimping guys that are below our range.
This is usually not his MO. He usually spills everything the way it is.

My guess is that the Jazz like guys whom Locke hasn't mentioned--Hutchison, Okobo, Okogie, Brown, KBD, etc. He's pimping guys that are below our range.

Someone on a pod I was listening to today (can't rememeber which one...maybe KOC on the Ringer NBA Show?) said Okogie is low-key rising a lot on some teams's boards.

He seems to have changed his mind again. He was on Talkin' Sports tonight with Dave Fox and he listed his top 4:

1.Wagner
2.Huerter
3.Allen
4.Donte D

Wagner number 1? SMH

There's a bunch of teams behind Utah in the 1st rd that would be excellent fits for Wagner, The Warriors and Lakers are 2. Utah could do the west a favor by keeping him away LOL.

Someone on a pod I was listening to today (can't rememeber which one...maybe KOC on the Ringer NBA Show?) said Okogie is low-key rising a lot on some teams's boards.

Wagner number 1? SMH
He misheard and thought he was appearing on "Smoking Rocks".

This year the Jazz may have more of a draft dartboard instead of a draft board. Just close your eyes and throw a dart at the names on the list. Unless someone slides, there might be a dozen prospects separated by a collective eyelash. I think the argument may be due you take a player who can contribute right away off the bench, or do you draft a young prospect who needs time to develop (at least you hope he develops).
LoL .. dartboard!?!? How do you come up with this stuff?? I have to hand it to you man you crack me up. That doesn't happen very often on jazzfanz.

I'm jonesing pretty hard for a pick in the 30s or early 40s. Really intrigued by Spellman (obviously), Shake, Vanderbilt, and Hervey, not to mention who might just wind up falling there.

Last edited:
Source on the Vivek thing? I feel like that'd be pretty big news lol. I have heard that Vlade has said negative things about Doncic to anyone he was willing to talk to though.

I thought it was interesting that Locke said if the Jazz think they can get a marquee free agent in 2019, they'll prioritize cap space in 2019. But if deep down they know they won't be able to get a good free agent, they'll be willing to take on bad salary to move up. I wonder if there's a lot of truth about Tobias Harris having interest in coming to Utah. Either way, there's obviously a big difference between having interest and actually having a good player sign on the dotted line. It'd be a shame to turn down an opportunity to trade up just to come up empty in free agency.

If Vivek really likes Doncic then they'll take Doncic and not Bagley. Vivek makes all of the calls on draft night. Vlade is basically just a puppet.

Mikal Bridges looks like he might take bit of a tumble on draft night. If he falls out of the lottery I think DL will be working those phones. Didn’t they love him last year? The asset cupboard is just so bare. I’m not sure what the trade is.

I know people are kinda low on him in general. But I like the fit. And he’d have a huge chip on his shoulder.

If we don't take on salary we'd probably have to give up next year's 1st rounder unless some team loves Tony Bradley lol.

I'm jonesing pretty hard for a pick in the 30s or early 40s. Really intrigued by Spellman (obviously), Shake, Vanderbilt, and Hervey, not to mention who might just wind up falling there.

Would be a home run draft for me if we could grab Huerter with the 21st, and move up and grab Spellman with a later pick. Home ****ing run.

Last edited:
Source on the Vivek thing? I feel like that'd be pretty big news lol. I have heard that Vlade has said negative things about Doncic to anyone he was willing to talk to though.

I thought it was interesting that Locke said if the Jazz think they can get a marquee free agent in 2019, they'll prioritize cap space in 2019. But if deep down they know they won't be able to get a good free agent, they'll be willing to take on bad salary to move up. I wonder if there's a lot of truth about Tobias Harris having interest in coming to Utah. Either way, there's obviously a big difference between having interest and actually having a good player sign on the dotted line. It'd be a shame to turn down an opportunity to trade up just to come up empty in free agency.

Also tbh this pic, I get the feeling that vivek's standing next to his choice... no?
4B136748_B84A_494A_A3A7_68159986C646.jpeg

also... vivek was at his playoff game not long ago with vlade...