What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Troy Brown, Elie Okobo, Kevin Huerter, Zhaire Smith and KBD could all go 16-20.

That would leave us with Jerome Robinson, Anfernee Simons and I would argue Gary Trent. I guess Hutchison too.

Okobo would be a good pick for Phoenix.
Brown would be a good pick for the Bucks.
Huerter would be a good pick for San Antonio.
Zhaire could work in Atlanta.
KBD might fit in Minnesota.

Yada yada

Okobo would be a good pick for Phoenix.
Brown would be a good pick for the Bucks.
Huerter would be a good pick for San Antonio.
Zhaire could work in Atlanta.
KBD might fit in Minnesota.

Yada yada

If that happens someone unexpected could fall to Utah though. 21 feels like a great spot to be this year no matter how the picks go.

Troy Brown, Elie Okobo, Kevin Huerter, Zhaire Smith and KBD could all go 16-20.

That would leave us with Jerome Robinson, Anfernee Simons and I would argue Gary Trent. I guess Hutchison too.

I like Simons to Atlanta at 19 to replace the disgruntled Schroder.

I really think there's a chance the Jazz might take Donte D over all of those guys.

I would hope so... I like Hutchison I think. Would be nice to mess with whoever made the promise.

Wonder what the jazz think about deanthony Melton. In that podcast the stepien guy likes him better than Lonnie says he's the best guard defender in recent yrs..

What do u guys think of Lonnie Walker?
I really really like him.
Want a ******* crazy ceiling comp for Okobo... Dame! (ducks, shuts down his computer, and runs.)
He's better passer and decisionmaker. I'm so crushing on Okobo that I'm going to even wilder places than Lillard. I'm going to places where I'm reconsidering if 10 is high enough and the more I think about it, the more I see no reason why he shouldn't be ahead of the Bridges for example... or Lonnie Walker... or... half of the bigs in the top 6... OK I will stop before it becomes ridiculous(if it wasn't already).
I don’t get the Okobo love. At all.
What don't you like about him? Besides the defense...

Last edited:
Every single year during Rubio's career there was one player who was going to take his job.
Like who? JJ Barea? 32 year old Mo Williams? 39 year old Andre Miller? Tyus Jones? Come on, lets be serious about this... Rubio has never had any PG-teammate with the caliber of talent that Okobo has.

Like who? JJ Barea? 32 year old Mo Williams? 39 year old Andre Miller? Tyus Jones? Come on, lets be serious about this... Rubio has never had any PG-teammate with the caliber of talent that Okobo has.
I am not saying that Okobo couldn't be the one. Of course it'll happen someday. What I am saying is that a lot of people underestimate him and say things like that, but by now it hasn't happened.

Let me example you what I was referring to:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...lan-to-make-kris-dunn-starter-after-20-games/

I got Huerter as my favorite player for the Jazz, he would fit in perfectly in a SG/SF combo role and could develop into a fine player.

I would also consider getting that #14 pick from Denver. I know they could be reluctant to the idea of being fleeced by Jazz again but they want to get rid of Faried's deal and I think Utah have the ability to make enough space available to take on that contract for a year. It also will not hinder the ability to have cap space in 2018. Also, Faried could perhaps contribute for 8-10 minutes a game if you find him a role. Not sure how that works cap wise though. If you had both #14 and #21 at the same time, and considered moving Crowder to acquire another pick (maybe takng on another short term bad deal) you might get enough assets to move high enough to get Michael Porter or Miles Bridges. Some mock drafts have Porter falling to Charlotte and even to Washington. I think he's a high risk-high reward kind of player because of his injury issues and talent.

We cant absorb Faried. The best offer we could make to Denver would be based around Burks and #21. Burks makes a couple million less than Faried next year and he is a U of Colorado guy, but I don't think that's enough.

Outside of Burks' expiring and #21, our only other expendable valuable assets are Bradley, future 1sts and 2nds.

I don't think anybody else is available.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I really really like him.

He's better passer and decisionmaker. I'm so crushing on Okobo that I'm going to even wilder places than Lillard. I'm going to places where I'm reconsidering if 10 is high enough and the more I think about it, the more I see no reason why he shouldn't be ahead of the Bridges for example... or Lonnie Walker... or... half of the bigs in the top 6... OK I will stop before it becomes ridiculous(if it wasn't already).

What don't you like about him? Besides the defense...

So I guess we need to move up then? I think moving to 15 is enough to get him... get it done DL.

Okobo becomes Dame then we have him and DM attack defenses relentlessly and win all the championships.