What's new

Following Potential 2021 Draftees

I liked Giorgi Bezhanishvili in this game
Illinois was just so much better and tougher as a team. Had an answer for everything. Giorgi played well but his matchup in this game Jalen Johnson, despite missing his shots, did look like a player NBA teams would take high in the draft.

When Giorgi hit Johnson with the little baby hook that surprised him, you knew this was over. Duke just didnt have the firepower.

Keep an eye on Franz Wagner at Michigan (Mo Wagner's younger brother). He might turn into a German version of Gordon Hayward. He looks like a legit 6'8" with decent feel, good mobility and NBA range. Shooting 86% on FTs. Advanced stats (with limited sample size) line up with Hayward's. Jazz need a young wing with size, IQ and ball skills.

ESPN is now listing him as being up to 6'9" and 220 lbs.

Last edited:
He’s obviously out of our draft range, but just a word on Evan Mobley:

Him slipping to the #4-5 range makes no sense to me. He is phenomenal. 7 footers with that athleticism and skill set come around about once a decade. Quintessential modern day big who can score from all 3 levels and switch 1-5 defensively. Can also handle and pass the ball well, and is in no sense a “project” - productive right out of the gate.

Absolutely love him.

Him slipping to the #4-5 range makes no sense to me. He is phenomenal. 7 footers with that athleticism and skill set come around about once a decade. Quintessential modern day big who can score from all 3 levels and switch 1-5 defensively. Can also handle and pass the ball well, and is in no sense a “project” - productive right out of the gate.

Absolutely love him.
A good part of it is just how solid Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green and Kuminga are.

Him being a once in a decade 7-footer though is something I disagree with tho, and normally that'd be legit but what were gonna have here with the 7-footers in this coming decade, there will be lots of players like this. Pokusevski was the guy in the last draft.

As far as Evan Mobley falling to 5 though, i feel like that is just simply not gonna happen... The NBaDarft.net mock with Suggs 1 is unfounded...

and listen I have sat in these threads hyping up Suggs for YEARS... years.. To me it's far too early to vault him over the others tho...

Kentucky falls to 1-3 but Olivier Sarr really played well, they made a furious 2nd half comeback and fell 1pt short. The abscence of keion brooks jr looms large -- he's out with a calf injury so he'll be back soonish i suppose.

Davion Mintz has been a disaster so far, he's not really worthy of being mentioned in this thread tbh.

Devin Askew still looking like a HS player out there vs college players...

Clarke looked good... 4 turnovers tho...

Obi Toppins brother jacob looked terrible, was getting abused on defense and missed all his shots.

yo Caleb Love just cant buy a bucket from deep... it's spooky out there.... he's shooting like 15% from 3... no doubt with this kind of performance he's more of a speculative 2nd rd pick type than a 1st rd top20 guy.

Absolutely love him.

I think he'll add 20 lbs and effectively be like Jaren Jackson Jr. with better passing. That's a helluva player though.

I dont think Evan Mobley is as good of a prospect as Chet Holmgren btw. My stance is Holmgren woulda went #1 in 2020, #1 this year in 2021 and he's the current favorite to go #1 in 2022.

Allen Flanigan 6'5" Sophomore SG/SF on Auburn is definitely a player to watch. He's very athletic. Interested to see how his skill has improved.

He's the one tasked with filling the shoes of Isaac Okoro

Allen Flanigan 6'5" Sophomore SG/SF on Auburn is definitely a player to watch. He's very athletic. Interested to see how his skill has improved.

He's the one tasked with filling the shoes of Isaac Okoro

Thanks for the all the updates and info on these players.
It really is appreciated.

Last edited:
ya know... 6'11 Sophomore Qudus Wahab at Georgetown appears to be a good bit ahead of where people might have thought he'd be...

Strong kid. He might not be alegit 6'11 but his wingspan is definitely like 7'5ish