What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

PJ has a lot of perimeter talent. His shooting form is pretty great. I really believe in his shooting. He can put the ball on the floor for 3 dribbles in a straight line and get to the rim. He can pass on the move or from the post. I don't really question any of his skill/IQ based abilities and he has great length.

He just isnt a great athlete. He's closer to an average athlete than an above average athlete imo. The question is are how good he is on the perimeter defensively w/ ability to switch and slide his feet.

Nassir Little, if he comes out this year, could possibly slip out of the lottery. He gets mixed reviews for lacking feel and not shooting well, but he's a real athlete. If the Jazz coaches can get Royce O'Neale to shoot the ball, it might be worth seeing if they can do the same for Little. He's raw and a year or two away, but likely worth the investment.

DraftXpress vid on Nassir Little. They compare him physically to Jaylen Brown and had him in the top-5 discussion at the beginning of the season.

Started scouting more in depth last night. Got stuck watching Deandre Hunter... I like that kid. He seems to have a great feel for the game, especially at his age.

Maybe yeah.

I’d rather trade the 1st for an unprotected 2020 1st and then next summer, trade Exum, our 1st, that 1st, Allen, and if needed, take on some bad salary and possibly use our 2022 1st, to move up for a legit top 3 pick. If possible. Tons of ifs.
This is what I have been saying for years. In one summer, we could create 3 1st rounders for the next draft.

Step 1 - trade our 2019 1st for a 2020 1st. It will be protected, but as long as its projected in the low to mid teens, then great.

Step 2 - trade cap space for a bad expiring contract and a protected 2020 1st (ex. Biyombo & Charlotte's 1st).

For the 2020 draft, we would have 3 1st round draft picks. Sure all of them would probably be outside the top 10, but those 3 packaged together is true value to make a big move. We could even add our 2022 1st to make a trade package even more enticing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Cy's guy PJ Washington. He could be available in the 15 - 20 range, and he's better than Trey Lyles. So there's that.

Started scouting more in depth last night. Got stuck watching Deandre Hunter... I like that kid. He seems to have a great feel for the game, especially at his age.

Yeah, he' really nice. Moves very efficiently and can score at 3 levels. He's developed his off-the-dribble game and his offensive arsenal dramatically in the last year. He has some Kawhi Leonard-like mid-range moves that are really impressive.

I'd be surprised if he goes lottery. I think he goes just outside. One of the draft sites compared him to David West. That's not a bad comp.
He's a 40%+ 3pt shooter with a huge wingspan from Kentucky in a weak draft. He's going lottery.

He seems like a 10 year pro with size, length and shooting. His lack of athleticism and often timid ball handling makes me think his ceiling isn't all that high.

I will be very intrigued by what his draft stock ends up being.

He's a 40%+ 3pt shooter with a huge wingspan from Kentucky in a weak draft. He's going lottery.

Here are guys I think are likely to go ahead of PJ: Zion, RJ, Ja, Cam, Culver, Hunter, Hayes, Bol, K. Johnson, Nickeil, Sekou, Garland.

Then you've got Langford, White, Hachimura, Little, Okpala and Clarke. PJ is probably in that group somewhere, imo.

He seems like a 10 year pro with size, length and shooting. His lack of athleticism and often timid ball handling makes me think his ceiling isn't all that high.

I will be very intrigued by what his draft stock ends up being.

Maybe another comp would be Marcus Morris, imo, but his IQ is better.

Naji Marshall is better than many realize. He's 6'7 well built sophomore wing on Xavier, he's crushing St Johns in this first half and been on a tear all month, somethign worth monitoring going into tourney time for sure...

This kid is a legit sleeper..

PJ has really really improved his shot, massive wingspan, good motor... REALLY needs to tighten his dribble. He’s good and fluid for his size, but to be truly effective as a pro he needs to protect the ball better when putting it on the floor.. but he’s young and getting better almost by the game. I think he goes around 15 - 18.

PJ has really really improved his shot, massive wingspan, good motor... REALLY needs to tighten his dribble. He’s good and fluid for his size, but to be truly effective as a pro he needs to protect the ball better when putting it on the floor.. but he’s young and getting better almost by the game. I think he goes around 15 - 18.

Here's the thing with PJ, if you can put the ball in his hands and run sets through him, then he becomes very valuable. His size, measurements and athleticism are great if hes a guy who can play on the ball. Obviously, the Jazz have done this with Hayward and Ingles, also Joe Johnson. The Bucks have done this with Giannis obviously. But for PJ to do it, he needs a bit of wiggle and some dribble hesitation moves. He shoots well enough and he has enough feel in the low post, that he might be able to play from the high post. He can deliver the ball with timing. He also played with the ball in his hands a fair amount in HS and AAU.