What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

People forget just how good, skilled, athletic, and powerful Barkley was:

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Man, no one is forgetting.

Zion is in the class of Karl Malone and Lebron James when it comes to athleticism and raw muscular size.

Comparisons arent a 1 to 1 proposition. Zion physically resembles Lebron much more than he does Barkley. You are being purposefully obtuse.

Yeah, 18-19 year olds should never be compared to LeBron. And i guarantee, unless he can get down to at the very least the 250-260 range, his weight will become a hindrance.

Barkley was called the "Round Mound" for a reason, and it wasnt because he was some kind of body building specimen likes Malone/LBJ/Zion are.

Williamson is obviously an athletic and explosive player. The thing that makes him a bit unique is his bulk, which gives him an advantage on power moves. It's eye-popping. That said, there are other players who can make those same athletic plays, and I'm not sure how much the size and strength will be a plus for Zion in the pros. For example, Miles Bridges could have made most of those plays in the videos, aside from the passing plays off the bounce.

Zion is a power player at the wing or forward spot with some developing ball skills, but I can't quite say he's a generational talent given that his length seems fairly average, and his moves are still pretty straight-line. In other words, I'm not sure the extra size and strength are a real advantage. Maybe they allow him to play at the 5 and create a mismatch, like a better version of Draymond Green.

Williamson is obviously an athletic and explosive player. The thing that makes him a bit unique is his bulk, which gives him an advantage on power moves. It's eye-popping. That said, there are other players who can make those same athletic plays, and I'm not sure how much the size and strength will be a plus for Zion in the pros. For example, Miles Bridges could have made most of those plays in the videos, aside from the passing plays off the bounce.

Zion is a power player at the wing or forward spot with some developing ball skills, but I can't quite say he's a generational talent given that his length seems fairly average, and his moves are still pretty straight-line. In other words, I'm not sure the extra size and strength are a real advantage. Maybe they allow him to play at the 5 and create a mismatch, like a better version of Draymond Green.

He needs to drop some body fat, but his wide body and the way he moves will be a problem. Can turn and spin and create space whenever he wants. I'm super interested to see how he develops. Was beyond impressed but want to watch more... Duke will be appointment TV this year.

So Zion is 2 inches taller than Barkley and 20 points heavier and all the sudden he is LeBron? So stupid.

You heard it here. Zion will end up being a 2 inch taller 20 pound heavier Barkley. If he is lucky enough to be that good.

Watch the Barkley video Cy. Learn something.

Man, no one is forgetting.

Zion is in the class of Karl Malone and Lebron James when it comes to athleticism and raw muscular size.

Comparisons arent a 1 to 1 proposition. Zion physically resembles Lebron much more than he does Barkley. You are being purposefully obtuse.

What did you call him?

He needs to drop some body fat, but his wide body and the way he moves will be a problem. Can turn and spin and create space whenever he wants. I'm super interested to see how he develops. Was beyond impressed but want to watch more... Duke will be appointment TV this year.

Sort of reminds me of a thicker, more explosive Julius Randle. Spin move, high energy.

So Zion is 2 inches taller than Barkley and 20 points heavier and all the sudden he is LeBron? So stupid.

You heard it here. Zion will end up being a 2 inch taller 20 pound heavier Barkley. If he is lucky enough to be that good.

Again, you are being purposefully obtuse if you think I called him Lebron James, but I guess that's your shtick.

Here the past couple years guys who slid to
round 2
People forget just how good, skilled, athletic, and powerful Barkley was:

Lmao. I actually remember Sir Charles from his playing days not YouTube videos. Do you? Everyone knows how crazy athletic Chick was. Chuck was not a good shooter until he got older. Zion looks like Young Charles with old chucks game. This kid is going to be special. So you never see another LeBron but same can be said about Durant.

your a moron. LeBron comparisons come because they both have bodies that are built like tanks and they have athleticism for days. No one is saying there games are similar. It's funny experts who get paid to do this all must be wrong in LoPo sitting in some basement not even in America says so. Wow you should be the real scout.not

Lopo hates level In comparisons so how about this one. Zion is a black JJ Watt playing hoops. Is that better for you? Acting like we forgot Sir Charles.lol. I seen him play actual games not YouTube highlights. Have you LoPo?

The experts are dumb too. LeBron is a unicorn. If we are using the body comparisons, why didn't everybody call LeBron Malone when he came out? Or Charles Oakley or Shawn Kemp.

People get way too over excited about comparisons. That's all I'm pointing out. LeBron is a top 5 player all time who plays the game like nobody we have seen. Don't compare some 19 year old kid to him just because they are the same size and both are athletic.

Yeah I saw Charles play. I'm from Alabama, hate Auburn, but I respect the talent. He was also a wide, heavy player who dominated with rare athleticism.

You could call him an old Zion actually

Everyone has said they are only talking body wise. They are quick to say LeBron is one of a kind. He looks like a man among boys. Like LeBron did in high school.

If it was just a size and body comparison, it's a terrible comparison. LeBron was 6'8" and under 250 sculpted with low body fat at 18.

This Zion kid is 6'7", 285 and not sculpted at all. So in terms of body, that's not a good comparison at all.

But we can agree to disagree. I think the kid is a big Charles Barkley in how he plays and is built. Just my opinion.

If it was just a size and body comparison, it's a terrible comparison. LeBron was 6'8" and under 250 sculpted with low body fat at 18.

This Zion kid is 6'7", 285 and not sculpted at all. So in terms of body, that's not a good comparison at all.

But we can agree to disagree. I think the kid is a big Charles Barkley in how he plays and is built. Just my opinion.

lmfao at saying Zion isnt sculpted