What's new

Free Agents Still Available

Coach Ellis

Anybody worth going after? The one name that jumps out at me is Ersan Ilyasova. Wouldn't mind Bogut behind Rudy for a year either. Maybe make an offer to Jonathan Simmons? Luke Mbah a Moute? Tony Allen?

• C: Dewayne Dedmond (27) San Antonio Spurs

• SG: Jonathan Simmons (27) San Antonio Spurs (RFA)

• PG: Derrick Rose (28) New York Knicks

• PF: Nikola Mirotic (26) Chicago Bulls (RFA)

• PF: Mason Plumlee (27) Denver Nuggets

• PF: JaMychal Green (27) Memphis Grizzlies (RFA)

• SG: Shabazz Muhammad (24) Minnesota Timberwolves

• PF: Alan Williams (24) Phoenix Suns (RFA)

• SF: C. J. Miles (30) Indiana Pacers

• SG: Tony Allen (35) Memphis Grizzlies

• C: Alex Len (24) Phoenix Suns (RFA)

• C: JaVale McGee (29) Golden State Warriors

• SF: Reggie Bullock (26) Detroit Pistons

• SF: Luc Mbah a Moute (30) L.A. Clippers

• PF: Jonas Jerebko (30) Boston Celtics

• PF: Nerlens Noel (23) Dallas Mavericks (RFA)

• SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (24) Detroit Pistons

• PF: Ersan Ilyasova (30) Atlanta Hawks

• C: Andrew Bogut (32) Cleveland Cavaliers

Last edited:
Ersan would fit here. He may not be a great defender but he hustles a lot and can score in spurts which is what we need even off the bench.

Figure out a way to sign Mirotic without Chicago matching. He is the perfect age and would fit in well here. He is the stretch 4 we want. I am sure we could trade something for him. Maybe Favors is enough for them? Favors is younger and could be a beast if healthy but is a little more risk since he will be a FA. Mirotic might not fit in with Chicagos rebuild?

Maybe we could figure a trade in which we also take back Wades giant contract that they dont want?

If not Illysova would be a good fit. He isnt going to change much for us one way or the other but he fills a need and gives Snyder a decent stretch 4 to utilize. Javale Mcgee would be a solid backup center that fills a need but only if its a cheap short contract for both.

Everybody on the list other than Rose interest me enough that I'd hope we at least inquire. Mirotic could fit pretty well.

I believe DL is now in another kind of mode, where we retool around Rudy rather than trying to replace Hayward with premium money for short term gain.

I think it's easy for all of us to get flared up and demand a huge FA signing for a player we would barely recognize six months ago, but the real play needs to be building a team around Rudy. I trust in DL, even if it means this next season might be rough.

If Rudy recants his loyalty claims and flees this team in four years, then we need someone else than Gail Miller owning the team. The homely family stuff doesn't cut it in this league if that's the case.

Last edited:
If Rudy recants and flees this team in four years, then we need someone else than Gail Miller owning the team. The homely family stuff doesn't cut it in this league if that's the case.
If that happens, the team should just up and move to Vegas. It's still painfully evident FA's ain't busting down the door to play in Utah.

Going to be fun to just watch Mitchell get the minutes a FA would demand.

Jazz have Rubio, Mitchell, Dante, Hood, Ingles, Burks at the 1-3. Why does Utah need another mid-level player to eat up minutes? Now, if Utah had been able to get a starter like Porter, then yes, pull the trigger.

1. Jazz need to establish some value for Burks (and Favors) so they can be traded at the deadline.
2. Need to know if Hood can be a starter
3. Need to make a decision on Dante
4. Definitely need to develop Mitchell. IMO, he and Rudy are franchise players. Give Mitchell the keys to the SG position by mid-season.
5. Not a problem if Utah misses the playoffs. Can Jazz get a late first for Favors? And a pick around 10 in the draft? Not sure we can hope for much better. Jazz probably finish around .500 at worst.

Any player with upside and/or name-recognition that fills a team-need at a below-market contract.

I think ersan or jerebko could be a good fit and value.

I think SA keeps Simmons.

I think ersan or jerebko could be a good fit and value.

I think SA keeps Simmons.
I wouldn't be opposed to a 3 year deal at around the MLE to find out. Jazz either get an athletic SF to replace Hayward (who comes from the very culture Utah is trying to emulate) or the Spurs have another contract tied up on their books.

I think any of the RFA's would be difficult for us to acquire. Just because of our cap situation. We don't have room to throw a big contract that the other team couldn't match. It would take a S&T most likely and that would cost us assets when we need to be acquiring assets. So after removing them (and guards like Rose and KCP who we don't need) these guys stand out to me

Luc Mbah a Moute- He can shoot it a little bit. Has some versatility as a 3/4. Fits our defensive identity. Has some starting experience. He could split time with Favors at the 4 and allow us to limit JJ during the season.

Ersan Ilyasova- He can shoot it a little too. He can split time with Favors and take the stretch 4 role.

CJ Miles- He'd be a decent bench option at the 3. Another shooter who just adds some depth and experience.

Reggie Bullock- I really don't know what he's done in the NBA. I'd have to research. But he could be a cheap depth option.

I think any of these guys on one year deals makes sense. They don't get in the way of developing our youth or mess up our cap going forward and those things should be our focus.