What's new

Free Assange

No thanks. I don't need any free assange.

I'm not a fan of Julian Assange think he's a colossal douchebag but i also don't think he's committed a crime.

I'm not a fan of Julian Assange think he's a colossal douchebag but i also don't think he's committed a crime.

Let's let him run through a trial remotely. Present any and all evidence among a jury of his peers. Let's see all the evidence.

Wikileaks was a significant partner of Russian intelligence over the last ten years and Assange actively fomented chaos globally while protecting authoritarians. It's a weird guy to rally behind.

Very good point.

Just to add, can any of the Pro Assange boys point to when he unleashed his “freedom promoting journalism” on an authoritarian regime, like Russia? Gee, why is that? Is it because there isn’t any corruption in Russia? If Assange is so concerned with free and fair elections by Clinton and the DNC, why hasn’t he ever looked into Russian elections?

inconvenient truths for the Assange crowd.

Very good point.

Just to add, can any of the Pro Assange boys point to when he unleashed his “freedom promoting journalism” on an authoritarian regime, like Russia? Gee, why is that? Is it because there isn’t any corruption in Russia? If Assange is so concerned with free and fair elections by Clinton and the DNC, why hasn’t he ever looked into Russian elections?

inconvenient truths for the Assange crowd.

One better: Assange actively buried negative information about Putin and never published it, in order to continue pushing DNC content.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/1...-government-during-u-s-presidential-campaign/

It's funny how those who create these threads flee as soon as better informed posters show how silly their Facebook inspired threads are with stuff like facts. Weird. It's almost like we shouldn't defend an anti-democratic Russian asset because a Facebook algorithm or propaganda (Russia Today) video says so.

Nice job @Jazzta, posting a Russia Today video on jazzfanz. Now why would a known Russian propaganda outlet be promoting a “Free Assange” message? Why would Russia claim that the west was out to “kill Assange?”

Gee I wonder.

For those of you who want to learn about what @Jazzta posted, here you go. It’s some pretty nasty ****:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy.RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation by news reporters, including some former RT reporters.The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and on one occasion found it had broadcast "materially misleading" content. RT's editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it "waging the information war against the entire Western world." In September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.

and

Russian studies professor Stephen F. Cohen stated in 2012 that RT does a lot of stories that "reflect badly" on the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and much of Western Europe and that they are "particularly aggrieved by American sermonizing abroad."

According to Lithuania's STRATCOM Colonel, "RT rarely takes a single, anti-Western media line on any given story. That would be too obvious. Instead, RT journalists present gaggles of competing and contradicting narratives which together create the impression that the truth is indecipherable".

Funny, how the biggest Trumpers on here seem to do this as well. They wordvomit conspiracy after conspiracy hoping to create the impression that the truth in decipherable.

Last edited:
Wikileaks was a significant partner of Russian intelligence over the last ten years and Assange actively fomented chaos globally while protecting authoritarians. It's a weird guy to rally behind.
You have a link that documents this?

Assange was fighting autocracy and corruption wherever it might be. The U.S. wants him because he revealed the truth about our heinous military and intelligence operations. I think he's one of the heroes of our age. You know someone else who would sacrifice everything to tell the truth? The only one comparable I can think of is Mandela.

You have a link that documents this?

Assange was fighting autocracy and corruption wherever it might be. The U.S. wants him because he revealed the truth about our heinous military and intelligence operations. I think he's one of the heroes of our age. You know someone else who would sacrifice everything to tell the truth? The only one comparable I can think of is Mandela.

He literally posted a link in a post just above. Post 11

It's funny how those who create these threads flee as soon as better informed posters show how silly their Facebook inspired threads are with stuff like facts. Weird. It's almost like we shouldn't defend an anti-democratic Russian asset because a Facebook algorithm or propaganda (Russia Today) video says so.

Nice job @Jazzta, posting a Russia Today video on jazzfanz. Now why would a known Russian propaganda outlet be promoting a “Free Assange” message? Why would Russia claim that the west was out to “kill Assange?”

Gee I wonder.

For those of you who want to learn about what @Jazzta posted, here you go. It’s some pretty nasty ****:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

and

Funny, how the biggest Trumpers on here seem to do this as well. They wordvomit conspiracy after conspiracy hoping to create the impression that the truth in decipherable.

RT presents a lot of good and truthful information. I watched many of the programs following the 2016 primary and they all were on the money with very useful and documented information.

The Foreign Policy article did not prove the culpability of Assange; Wikileaks in fact denied all of the allegations and the article showed no sound rebuttals to those denials. The headline, however, made it sound much more damaging than it actually was. Just because it's coming from Russia doesn't make untruthful. The U.S. government puts out a great deal of untruthful information: 9-11, WMDs, the death of Pat Tillman, to mention a few -- and who knows what else they're telling us that isn't true. What do you think the Pentagon Papers were -- the evidence showing the lies our government was telling us about the war in Vietnam. If you're a truthteller -- Edward Snowden, you become a criminal. What about Jeffrey Sterling, a whistleblower in the CIA who was sent to prison for telling the truth about our government trying to slander Iran and justify an excuse to start a war with it.

Assange in my book is a hero. Don't listen to the disinformation. Who funds Foreign Policy? The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP) a foreign-policy think tank with centers in Washington D.C., Moscow, Beirut, Beijing, Brussels, and New Delhi.[1] The organization describes itself as being dedicated to advancing cooperation between nations and promoting active international engagement by the United States.

Yes, a globalist operation.

The Chairperson of Carnegie's Board of Trustees is former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker,[4] and the organization's President is former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns.[5]

Penny Pritzer is a billionaire, by the way. So, now the picture is emerging. No wonder they're trying to dig up dirt on Assange, because these are exactly the people that he has been fighting throughout his career.

I didn't see the link, so I have posted my response. You believe our government. You rail against Trump, but while he is a noxious POS, our government is still very heinous and despicable. That is why I'm against Biden because he will be another stooge like Obama turned out to be. Just representatives of Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex. They put a nice face on it, in contrast to Trump. And that's the reason Trump is in trouble. He doesn't know how to be diplomatic and play the role of a politician. That's why he's attractive to the uneducated members of our electorate because he is so ignorant.

Yes, Assange has been fighting autocracy. Doesn't it make you wonder why Russia gave Snowden, the guy who revealed that our own government is spying on us asylum? If Snowden, who sacrificed his life to tell the truth -- and you know the government is still doing what he exposed -- is getting asylum from Russia, what does that say about Russia? I have never believed that Russia had much if any influence on the election. I believed that in 2016 and lo and behold I read an article tonight in which the writer said the same thing. Wikileaks got the information from Seth Rich; that's why he was murdered. And Russiagate is a diversion to cover the malfeasance of the DNC in their fraudulent efforts to nominate Hillary -- couldn't believe it, but the writer said exactly the same thing that I was saying three years ago.

First part is nonsense, the second bit is more nuanced, I personally despise Assange however I will defend his right to embarrass our governments and put their agents at risk especially when they are behaving criminally in our name. As for the chaos? Ineptitude and criminality is how I would characterize it. I can still remember a time when politicians and senior bureaucrats were actually held accountable for their actions, now nobody in power is held accountable. Clinton was dragged through impeachment for a ********, decent arguments for significant breaches of international law and outright war crimes can be made for Reagan, Bush I, Bush II and Obama and yet how many prosecutions have followed?

Let's let him run through a trial remotely. Present any and all evidence among a jury of his peers. Let's see all the evidence.

Yeah but it won't be that, it will be a secret trial behind closed doors, probably without a jury. Lets face it Assange is a foreign national without the support of his government who is being railroaded for daring to expose the dirty little secrets of the powerful.

Our government is no better, currently a spy and his lawyer who attempted to blow the whistle on Australia spying on East Timor (one of the poorest countries in the world) during a treaty negotiation (over oil rights) are currently being prosecuted under the official secrets act, behind closed doors, away from scrutiny for daring to expose this shameful act.

No matter what the supposed threat that these scumbag politicians whip people into a frenzy about is, communism, Russia, Islam, they are the much bigger threat to our freedoms and the openness of our societies. I despise the lot of them.

@Eenie-Meenie isn't worth responding to on this issue. As soon as someone dismisses countervailing evidence out of hand as "globalists" they're too far gone to actively deal with.

First part is nonsense, the second bit is more nuanced, I personally despise Assange however I will defend his right to embarrass our governments and put their agents at risk especially when they are behaving criminally in our name. As for the chaos? Ineptitude and criminality is how I would characterize it. I can still remember a time when politicians and senior bureaucrats were actually held accountable for their actions, now nobody in power is held accountable. Clinton was dragged through impeachment for a ********, decent arguments for significant breaches of international law and outright war crimes can be made for Reagan, Bush I, Bush II and Obama and yet how many prosecutions have followed?

The evidence of Assange and wikileak's ties to Russian intelligence is comically voluminous. They use Russian intelligence as a source (documented in the Mueller report, which they then sowed disinformation regarding a murdered DNC staffer to cover up), appear to have omitted portions of the Panama Papers that contained information negative for the Kremlin (linked above), and the WikiLeaks Twitter and RT had near identical messaging for years, and Wikileaks acted as an intermediary between Kremlin hacking and Roger Stone, etc etc etc.

Sources as disinterested as current state department secretary Mike Pompeo, who has no interest in playing up the connection between Russia and WikiLeaks, acknowledges the connection and have for years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cia-di...a1N-29BcBaotFBwE1hGkayYnrXhUtvYLhBrBzvmEkk2OI

WikiLeaks has gotten direct funding from the Russian government to finance it's operations. Assange used to host a talk show on Russia Today. Assange is the person who leveraged government connections to arrange for Edward Snowden to travel to Russia after he had his passport cancelled while in Hong Kong. Regardless of what you think about Snowden's revelations (and I'm glad he did what he did) the sequence of events made it clear that Assange had substantive connections with high level Russians. They work in concert, not in opposition to one another.

Wikileaks bills itself as a radical transparency organization that dumps documents to expose the powerful and make them less powerful.

That is not what wikileaks is.

The last several years Wikileaks has been a selective information organization that serves the agenda of the Russian government: which is anti-democratic, anti-liberalism, and hurts people's lives. Wikileaks is a critical link in the chain of what gave us Trump. Wikileaks acting as intermediary to obscure the source of documents gives the GOP cover to claim "NO COLLUSION" and let the attorney general use weasel words like saying there was no collusion with "the Russian government."

Wikileaks supports a regime that is the only member of the current international order that does not respect the borders of its neighbors and actively seeks to annex the territory of its former satellite states. They do so to prop up the regime of a leader that rose to power by intentionally bombing hundreds of his own people, and they take actions to cover for that.

Wikileaks is not a journalism organization. Wikileaks is a tool of hyrbid warfare that makes your life worse and the reverberations of their actions will affect the rest of your life.