What's new

Gail Miller will be the Governor of the Jazz

I'm sure you would think different about the term if your ancestors went through generations of slavery.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

How does that relate to "owning" a basketball franchise though? I don't know how a basketball franchise could be offended by being "owned". Players certainly aren't slaves. And Even we assumed that a franchise could be offended and players were in fact slaves... it's not a race issue because players of every race and nationality possible play in the league.

How does that relate to "owning" a basketball franchise though? I don't know how a basketball franchise could be offended by being "owned". Players certainly aren't slaves. And Even we assumed that a franchise could be offended and players were in fact slaves... it's not a race issue because players of every race and nationality possible play in the league.
The ones getting "owned" are all the butthurt conservative snowflakes that the NBA triggered.

Damn, NBA triggered the **** out of a bunch of you ****ing snowflakes.
It's never not funny seeing people get worked up over something that has absolutely no bearing on their lives, and then go on to complain about how this is "ruining America" or some such nonsense.

How does that relate to "owning" a basketball franchise though?
The majority of NBA players are black where a lot of their ancestors were slaves. The players make up the team, the team has an owner. So, vicariously it's just like saying you own the players.

Im a white guy from Utah, I'm not offended by either term, im NOT a black NBA player, so I cant say "it's not offensive" just because IM not offended by it.

It's the players league. They can do whatever they want. If they as a group find it offensive then change it. If I wanted something at my work of business I would ask for it. Plain and simple.

The majority of NBA players are black where a lot of their ancestors were slaves. The players make up the team, the team has an owner. So, vicariously it's just like saying you own the players.

Im a white guy from Utah, I'm not offended by either term, im NOT a black NBA player, so I cant say "it's not offensive" just because IM not offended by it.

So any company that employs black people can’t have owners anymore? How about companies owned in whole or part by black people? To be honest I find the term ‘governor’ with its colonial connotations much more offensive.

So any company that employs black people can’t have owners anymore? How about companies owned in whole or part by black people? To be honest I find the term ‘governor’ with its colonial connotations much more offensive.
Apparently the players in the NBA feel differently, and it's their league. Why the **** anyone else cares about this is beyond me.

If I were an NBA owner this wouldn't concern me at all. So long as the checks keep rolling in they could call me captain clown shoes for all I care. It's cute to see so many people upset on their behalf though.

I think this is a major stretch, but whatever. I'm not going to tell somebody who is offended not to get offended. That's just the age we live in.

If you are going to come up with a new term, don't use "Governor". Just seems dumb.

Find a new term. Use something that makes more sense. Anything else.

Use "Leader". A good leader leads by example. So stupid stuff like that GS "owner" pushing Lowry would seem as bad as it was. Many of these sound and seem better than Governor - https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/leader

Please shut up.