What's new

Gail Miller will be the Governor of the Jazz

Can anyone point to an example of an NBA owner who is upset by this change?

Going by some of the responses in this thread surely they must be on the verge of rioting over having to appease the PC zealots.

I couldn't care less about this but identity politics are terrible for mankind. People are seriously getting triggered over a word. Surreal.
Strangely the only people getting triggered are those upset by an organization's choice to use a different word lol. Nobody is stopping anyone else from calling NBA owners "owners" the NBA as an organization simply isn't anymore. This is such a ****in nontroversy.

I don't think the NBA players who asked for this change were necessarily "triggered," but I just realized I meant to say "in this thread."
Oh. I only see you dudes bringing up others so I guess we agree to disagree. As said I couldn't care less though but I do have my opinion that a word is just that. Everyone is entitled to their own views.

I mean I would rather be called Governor than Owner. I would make people refer to me in English accented "Guv'nr." "An it please thee, Govn'r Framer!" Me- Offer my ring to be kissed. . .

**** off arsehat I'm offended at your being offended by others being offended at some being offended. Each offense should be treated seriously.

ffs
That was very confusing :D
Can anyone point to an example of an NBA owner who is upset by this change?

Going by some of the responses in this thread surely they must be on the verge of rioting over having to appease the PC zealots.
Regardless of how they felt, it’s a lose lose to argue something so meaningless

Strangely the only people getting triggered are those upset by an organization's choice to use a different word lol. Nobody is stopping anyone else from calling NBA owners "owners" the NBA as an organization simply isn't anymore. This is such a ****in nontroversy.
No, we are triggered by you telling us how we feel. No one was upset, just wondering why something like this is a big issue when in reality it’s not. If the nba wants to call owners of teams governors, I could care less, but I’m still going to have a little fun with it because it’s one of the weirdest things I’ve heard in a while just like others were, and because of it you say we’re mad or triggered, nope, just triggered at someone telling me how I feel.

So how many Governors can a team have? Is the minority owner … err, lesser governor called the Lieutenant Governor? I guess we could number them -- Governor 1, Governor 2, Governor 3...

They should call the owners majesty or king. That'd be sweet. Like the king of kings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The majority of NBA players are black where a lot of their ancestors were slaves. The players make up the team, the team has an owner. So, vicariously it's just like saying you own the players.

Im a white guy from Utah, I'm not offended by either term, im NOT a black NBA player, so I cant say "it's not offensive" just because IM not offended by it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

What about the black players who ancestors owned slaves? Hilarious how so many people think everything is cut and dry.