What's new

Game 11: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Rubio had 5 in 37 minutes man.

If Exum played 37 minutes he would have had 13 fouls. You can't just keep a guy in if he is putting the other team in the bonus simply by being on the court.

You can play a guy with 4 fouls. I saw quin play a bunch of dudes with 4 fouls tonight. A couple were really bad calls against him too. Zero turnovers for X. Shot better from the field, the line, and from 3 than ricky. Had a couple nice assists. Should have got more minutes.

I mean dude (Cy) said Rubio is better than Rose, currently and we see how well Rose is playing compared to Rubio. One day you have to take off them homer glasses and just see it how it is... Rubio is having a turrible year. I think you can agree with me on that.

Cy dug his heels in. Aint no reasoning at this point.

I watched halfway through the 1st to halftime. Rubio was absolute trash. Didn't hit a shot, Smith, Doncic and Barea were blowing right by him, and had turnovers. He had some good lobs to Gobert, but I think Mitchell or Exum make those plays.

With all that, I'm still fine with Rubio. It's just dumb that he plays 37 minutes while Burks and Exum combine for 26.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

he started last year the same and ended up shooting something lame for the year

34% from 3 on the year last year. Not that bad imo. Much much better than favors.
Plus i think the jazz have better players than the magic, better coaches, and he would get more open looks with the jazz. I hink that percentage would go up with the jazz. And he is only 23.

He is under contract for the next 4 years too at a decent price. (21 million, 20 million, 18 million, and then only 16 million in 2020/21 when you assume the cap would be higher. Might be an amazing bargain as a fully developed in his prime 26 year old at that point)

I can go with Joe. Thing is, he really does only 2 things--he either spots up for 3, or he runs a high screen-and-roll with Gobert. He doesn't make mistakes, but there's not a ton of upside there if he's not stroking it.
Yes, he can only do two of the most important things in the modern NBA, run a pick n roll and shoot 3's.

34% from 3 on the year last year. Not that bad imo. Much much better than favors.
Plus i think the jazz have better players than the magic, better coaches, and he would get more open looks with the jazz. I hink that percentage would go up with the jazz. And he is only 23.

He is under contract for the next 4 years too at a decent price. (21 million, 20 million, 18 million, and then only 16 million in 2020/21 when you assume the cap would be higher. Might be an amazing bargain as a fully developed in his prime 26 year old at that point)

Would obviously be an amazing signing. But it's a pipe dream. Why would Orlando give up a 23 year old on a long term contract?

Would obviously be an amazing signing. But it's a pipe dream. Why would Orlando give up a 23 year old on a long term contract?

Cause they love Exum? Lol

I mean dude (Cy) said Rubio is better than Rose, currently and we see how well Rose is playing compared to Rubio. One day you have to take off them homer glasses and just see it how it is... Rubio is having a turrible year. I think you can agree with me on that.
Rose will come back to Earth quick. Get out of here with that ****.

Rubio's had a bad year, but he has had good games. Rubio can be a complete trash can and still have a positive impact on the game.

You can play a guy with 4 fouls. I saw quin play a bunch of dudes with 4 fouls tonight. A couple were really bad calls against him too. Zero turnovers for X. Shot better from the field, the line, and from 3 than ricky. Had a couple nice assists. Should have got more minutes.
Nah, he really shouldn't have. Rubio was playing a better game.

Rubio's had a bad year, but he has had good games. Rubio can be a complete trash can and still have a positive impact on the game.
lol that's what every Jazz fan hopes but truth is Rose trained hard for this season and it's paying off. So far Derrick is playing fantastic. This is a former MVP we are talking about.

They out rebounded us 49-35. Their fans are going to be so pissed.

This. It’s the intangibles that some don’t seem to be aware of. And we’re not even close to seeing the best of Rubio this season, wait when things start to gel.

Exum's staying in front of and then blocking Dennis Smith was a thing of beauty. His dribbling out an entire posession early in the 4th was not

Rudy got a **** whistle AGAIN! Straight up on the two of the last three... the rebound foul was dumb but he was the DPOY I remember.

First half Brunson got a back foot reverse layup and Jae screamed at Rudy... maybe got him going a bit.