What's new

Game 11: Jazz vs. Mavericks

"During his second season, Amaechi became a member of rebellious clique that also included Mark Jackson and DeShawn Stevenson.* They all were unhappy with the roles, and their discontent fractured a locker room that John Stockton and Karl Malone had run relatively smoothly for 15 years. "

Wow, Jackson had some quality guys on his side...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"During his second season, Amaechi became a member of rebellious clique that also included Mark Jackson and DeShawn Stevenson.* They all were unhappy with the roles, and their discontent fractured a locker room that John Stockton and Karl Malone had run relatively smoothly for 15 years. "

Wow, Jackson had some quality guys on his side...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was a good read... Jackson says he's a natural born leader and he couldn't help it if guys followed his leadership.

Stevenson was an idiot... Amaechi just didn't like playing basketball.

While Utah’s defensive rating has suffered slightly while Burks is on the court, their offensive rating has been incredibly higher, jumping from 106.6 to 114.6. Among Jazz players who have appeared in at least three games so far this season, AB just so happens to lead the team in net rating at 6.7. Yes, you read that correctly, as surprising as it may seem, Alec Burks has been so solid to start this year that he leads the team in net rating.

Burks’ performance against Dallas isn’t just an anomaly either, as he’s off to a truly solid start this season. Up to this point, he’s averaging 10 points per game which is his best mark since the 2015-16 season. More encouraging than the pure volume, though, is his incredible efficiency. He’s shooting 50 percent from the field and a mind-blowing 62.5 percent from deep. Plus 95% from the free throw line.

I don’t believe that’s sustainable, but based on what Burks has shown thus far, particularly in terms of his improved 3-point shooting, I do believe that he can continue to be an awesome threat from the perimeter. This carries over from last season wherein Alec shot an incredible 45 percent from deep in the postseason.

We definitely need more Burks............. but I also remember an amazing run he had last year before defaulting to a hard-to-play player. But, yeah, right now we def need more Burks

Malone knocked up a 13 year old and we are here talking about a guy who "allegedly" gangraped a woman.
Did you read ANY of the proceedings? I assume you’re not a monster and that a leather sphere going in a cylinder is more important to you, so let me indulge you:

“Q: Do you have an understanding as to the word consent?”

Rose: “No. But can you tell me?”

Q: So they just said, ‘Hey, it’s the middle of the night. Let’s go over to plaintiff’s house’ and they never gave you a reason why they wanted to go over there?’

Rose: No, but we men. You can assume.

Q: I’m sorry?

Rose: I said we men. You can assume. Like we leaving to go over to someone’s house at 1 a.m., there’s nothing to talk about.

Q: All right. Is there  —  within what you just reviewed in those text messages — is there anything within them that would lead you to believe that plaintiff wanted to have sex with you and the other two defendants on Aug. 26, 2013?

Rose: No”

Congratulations to Derrick Rose for getting away with rape and the countless others that get away with it every day.

Secondly, I have not been shy about my fervent view that Karl Malone is a ****ing piece of ****.

And since we’re on this really important subject, if you aren’t sure what consent is, it’s a clear, emphatic “yes” and nothing less than that. We seem to be somehow very confused about that as a society and it’s such bull ****.

I find your attitude on this matter disturbing.

Last edited:
Did you read ANY of the proceedings? I assume you’re not a monster and that a leather sphere going in a cylinder is more important to you, so let me indulge you:

“Q: Do you have an understanding as to the word consent?”

Rose: “No. But can you tell me?”

Q: So they just said, ‘Hey, it’s the middle of the night. Let’s go over to plaintiff’s house’ and they never gave you a reason why they wanted to go over there?’

Rose: No, but we men. You can assume.

Q: I’m sorry?

Rose: I said we men. You can assume. Like we leaving to go over to someone’s house at 1 a.m., there’s nothing to talk about.

Q: All right. Is there  —  within what you just reviewed in those text messages — is there anything within them that would lead you to believe that plaintiff wanted to have sex with you and the other two defendants on Aug. 26, 2013?

Rose: No”

Congratulations to Derrick Rose for getting away with rape and the countless others that get away with it every day.

Secondly, I have not been shy about my fervent view that Karl Malone is a ****ing piece of ****.

And since we’re on this really important subject, if you aren’t sure what consent is, it’s a clear, emphatic “yes” and nothing less than that. We seem to be somehow very confused about that as a society and it’s such bull ****.

I find your attitude on this matter disturbing.

I said 2 sentences and you went on to showcase that Rose is a POS. I believe both men aren't **** off the court, but Utah has had it's fair share of characters in it's past time That we welcomed with open arms.