What's new

Game 2: The keys to the kingdom -- Jazz @ Rockets 5/2/2018 6:00 pm MST

...And All That Jazz,

Gotta give it up to the Jazz on a well balanced attack on the Rockets. Coach Snyder has his players working TOGETHER on all cylinders. Great defense, good spacing as they spread the floor, rebounding & uncontested 3s.

Spent yesterday watching the game in a local OKC sports bar; surprisingly, the crowd was 50/50.

Good luck, you deserve the performance you have received from your team throughout this season. Houston, we have a problem...

I'd be all for OKC over Houston, TBH, if OKC had advanced. I can't stand the Rockets brand of ball. CP3 and Harden's clownball shenanigans damage the game.

Donovan's was definitely higher difficulty. But Exum's was probably a bigger time in the game. I liked Exum's more because he needed it and it essentially ended the game.

Kind of wonder what Dante's season looks like if he'd played the whole season. So if Dante had played Royce and i'd assume Rubio play less, would Royce have emerged as a steal? Would Ricky have become our floor general and taken his game to another level? The hypothetical ripple effect is interesting, i'm pretty sure Royce will start game 3, if Dante had played the season I'm fairly certain he starts, i assume they will use Dante as a disruptor off the bench.

Crowd has to chant flopper to Harden every time he has the ball, if it doesnt effect him then at least it might effect the zebras who would be dying to make a call and might now swallow their crooked whistle when he does flop.

Jazz had 17 turnovers last night. If they can cut that number by 5 or 6, we'd be looking at a pretty comfortable win.
My biggest complaint is the unforced errors that lead to turnovers. Against a team like the Rockets, every possession is precious. Can’t waste them if you want to win.

My biggest complaint is the unforced errors that lead to turnovers. Against a team like the Rockets, every possession is precious. Can’t waste them if you want to win.

Royce O'Neale, Alec Burks and Joe Ingles each had 3 turnovers. If they get more comfortable with this new gameplan, we can clean that up a bit.

Remember Exum is guarding Harden who gets more ref calls going his way than any other player in the NBA and Exum gets more BS calls against him on the other end of the scale in calls.
Coach Snyder is well aware of the BS calls on Dante and will want to have Exum guarding Harden in the 4th quarter so O'Neale will get time on Harden too 1st and 3rd quarters.
The refs will determine whether Exum gets in front of Harden or if Harden gets the benefit of all the calls when Harden hits Exum in the chest during ISO plays .You know this will happen more than 2/3 times a game .Either Exum will be in foul trouble or Harden draws offensive charges.

Crowder is such an energy guy. So valuable, you haters best respect him.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app
I hate some of his shots, but the intangibles he brings to this team in terms of toughness was so so so needed.

Honestly I'd like to see Trevor Booker back as a 12th man for that same reason (for him a bit more energy than toughness, but both of each), even though that's not happening.